NBA 2019-20 NBA Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto turning over the ball is as bad as that Spicy P staring at himself during the parade commercial.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
The raptors are back to where they where pre Kawhi. They lack a superstar. Siakam/Freddy where on their way to being all stars this season.

Gasol looks very bad this season.

The offence has no flow.

Reactions: Roman Fell
Sep 19, 2008
The raptors are back to where they where pre Kawhi. They lack a superstar. Siakam/Freddy where on their way to being all stars this season.

The offence has no flow.
something seems missing from them this year

suspected toronto was a one and done. congrats on that title but they're back to being middle of the pack

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA

The offence has no flow.
Lowry and Ibaka have played like ass since their injuries. I would still wait a dozen more games or so to reserve judgement.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Yeah, Raptors are in a cold streak right now. Hope that's all it is because if not they'll be lucky to get home court in the playoffs.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

Miami isn't going to get any cap relief for that albatross but Waiters is helping them avoid paying him a decent amount of money with each outburst.

I have little doubt a lot of this is due to Miami and Pat Riley in particular looking bad for handing out these contracts. They've been rightfully criticized for years and made it clear after last season that it's now going to be zero tolerance. Whiteside made them look foolish and they finally found a sucker to take him. They couldn't do the same for Waiters and Johnson so the two of them had to be in peak shape and on their absolute best behaviour. Johnson didn't come in at the weight they wanted so they banished him from training camp and he has barely played. Waiters didn't like his place in the rotation and expressed that publicly and privately so they've suspended him multiple times and he has yet to play a single minute this season.

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
I was specifically referring to Lowry and Ibaka, not the team.
Ibaka had one of the best seasons of his career last year lol.

Lowry had his up and downs but was still a great option for the majority of reg. season and playoffs and was an all-star. I'm not sure about your evaluation skills.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Ibaka had one of the best seasons of his career last year lol.

Lowry had his up and downs but was still a great option for the majority of reg. season and playoffs and was an all-star. I'm not sure about your evaluation skills.
And before last season he was all over the place thinking he was a legitimate 3 point shooter. Having Kawhi last season he stayed around the rim and did his job. This season you will see him trying to do more than he can.

My original statement is the Raps are where they were before Kawhi. There is a void in the line up and there is no players designated to fill in so everyone will try.

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
And before last season he was all over the place thinking he was a legitimate 3 point shooter. Having Kawhi last season he stayed around the rim and did his job. This season you will see him trying to do more than he can.

My original statement is the Raps are where they were before Kawhi. There is a void in the line up and there is no players designated to fill in so everyone will try.
You specifically mentioned last season.

Ibaka stayed around the rim last season because he was played as a 5 instead of alongside JV/Gasol as a 4. His role changed, coming off the bench instead of starting.

The Raps are obviously worse without Kawhi, that is the most obvious statement a person can make. They lost arguably the best player in the league and are still a solid team, but lack an elite finisher when games get tough.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Lou and PatBev join Shamet on the inactive list for the Clippers, meaning their only natural point guard that’s healthy is Derrick Walton Jr. They do have Jerome Robinson and Terrance Mann who can play there but both are naturally shooting guards. I’d expect Robinson gets the start in name only and Kawhi and PG handle the ball most of the night.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

The offence has no flow.

The goal is to hopefully rank next season's and land a top prospect to pair with Siakam.

Plus PG, Giannis and Kawhi could all potentially be free agents in 2021. Failing that Ujiri will probably blow it all up and finally get a chance to build the team he wants

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
When the Lakers are great, it's not good for the NBA.

It's predictable and tiresome.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Fun game between the Heat and Lakers. Some strong defensive possessions from Davis late and their length was too much. A ridiculous three by Davis with a defender in his face as well. Heat really missed Dragic and Winslow's ball handling because it was basically just Butler and Nunn at times. Same with Winslow's rebounding ability as it was easy for the Lakers to just push Jones Jr. around.

Still, good showing for the Heat against a really good team. I think they could use one more big because as valuable as Leonard and Olynyk's shooting is, both can often be liabilities on the defensive end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad