2019-20 Kings News/Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Choralone

Oct 16, 2010
Burbank, CA
Norstrom on Brown and Avery:

“As a teammate, you feel like you fail a guy like Dustin. We were around and saw this and at that time … is it locker room talk? I don’t know how Dustin felt when he left the rink. He shook it off and looked at Sean and whatever. Maybe he felt the same thing when he drove his car home or maybe he had a terrible time coming to the rink because of it.”

Reactions: Bandit

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
I don't think there's a person on these boards that would defend Avery. Guy has always been a jackass, but it is possible for that to be true and also for Crawford to be a prick. I don't think I've ever heard anyone say anything negative about Sopel for example, and he had some pretty damning words about Crow. Maybe Crawford has changed since then, I certainly hope he has.

Reactions: King'sPawn

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
I'm in favor of punishing these coaches for the player abuse even if it happened a long time ago. I think hockey is in need of a culture change top to bottom. Having said that Avery will never get any sympathy from me. At least Carcillo has shown to be remorseful for his behavior when he was playing.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
December isn't starting off well. If the players were thinking of trying to somehow get back in the race for a playoff spot at least. Minnesota got back into the conversation. They were 6-11-1, or 59 points per 82, after the Kings beat them on Nov 12th. Since then, they're 7-0-3.

Without the 2 Calgary wins, the Kings are 9-16-2, which is 61 points in 82 games. They are now 6-5-1 without Kovalchuk. An 89 point team. However, in the last 9 games without Kovalchuk, they're 3-5-1, or a 64 point team. For the year, at 11-16-2, they're a 68 point team.

That concludes tonight's fun manipulation of numbers.

Reactions: lumbergh

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
December isn't starting off well. If the players were thinking of trying to somehow get back in the race for a playoff spot at least. Minnesota got back into the conversation. They were 6-11-1, or 59 points per 82, after the Kings beat them on Nov 12th. Since then, they're 7-0-3.

Without the 2 Calgary wins, the Kings are 9-16-2, which is 61 points in 82 games. They are now 6-5-1 without Kovalchuk. An 89 point team. However, in the last 9 games without Kovalchuk, they're 3-5-1, or a 64 point team. For the year, at 11-16-2, they're a 68 point team.

Dude, we aren't making the playoffs and we were never going to make the playoffs...accept it now and you will find peace. Our D is horrendous...and our forwards don't score. The end.

FrozenKing18

Goongala! Goongala!
Aug 11, 2009
SoCal

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
Dude, we aren't making the playoffs and we were never going to make the playoffs...accept it now and you will find peace. Our D is horrendous...and our forwards don't score. The end.
Not only that, we don’t want to make the playoffs as it doesn’t help us long term. If by some miracle we made it in, we’d be crushed in the first round and end up picking mid round in the draft. We need another really strong draft and then we can start thing about moving forward in the standings. Even then making the playoffs in 20/21 is a stretch.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Avery is an obvious DB, but he entertained me during a non-competitive period. I liked the way he played he just couldn't shut the F up and focus.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site

I know, but it's exhausting at this point talking about the tank. We're all waiting for the deadline. We want them to lose. Management already wrote at least this year off, and most of the time the players have too, but we've all talked about the tank every day for months. Or, for a full calendar year now. So, just comparing them to Minnesota, also a team with a bunch of old guys, who were also terrible to start the year. In no way do I think the Kings are getting anywhere close to a playoff spot. Just something a little different from lose, lose, lose, hooray for losing.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
The Avs and Kings are the only 2 teams to have not had a SO yet. Both also have identical 3-2 OT records. The Avs have 15 regulation wins. The Kings have 16 regulation losses.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Muzzin was playing some of his best hockey when he was moved and had an extra year on his contract, unlike Toffoli.

Sure, but if you're trading for a Toffoli for a deadline deal, you're not trading scraps for hopes and prayers, you're trading for him because you think he'll be a difference maker for your team, not because you think he's a useful healthy scratch. Marian Gaborik with not-dissimilar production and injury and motivation questions got a prospect, 2nd, and 3rd, for example. Again, this is the same song and dance every year and I am hard pressed to think of exceptions to the rules because they're so few and far between.

He either gets a fairly high pick/prospect or he just rots on our roster, little to no chance he's moved for lower picks or like above a 4th and a cap dump lol.

Reactions: Piston

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Apples to oranges.

The comparable for Toff is Pearson.

The player returns will likely be worse than Hagelin.

Respectfully but completely disagree based on the deadline market is far, far different than the 'early season we need a shakeup at any cost' market.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Gotta wonder how much his parents ****ing him over has to do with that. I'd wager the final nail where they stole all his money wasn't the first ****ty thing they did to him.

Yeah, it's like the child actor who's parents push so hard to be famous, then take all his money, leaving him a mess. Jack was lucky he got a 2nd chance with his last contract to rebuild, but you got believe it messed with him, and probably his younger brother too.

bland

Jul 1, 2004
I don't think there's a person on these boards that would defend Avery. Guy has always been a jackass, but it is possible for that to be true and also for Crawford to be a prick. I don't think I've ever heard anyone say anything negative about Sopel for example, and he had some pretty damning words about Crow. Maybe Crawford has changed since then, I certainly hope he has.

I don't think Avery was straight up bullying Brown, I am fairly sure it was an extremely, thoroughly misguided attempt to toughen up a very quiet and intimidated kid.

Its an old school thing to do in a locker room, which only hurts any kind of credibility he could hope to muster while complaining about old school coaching techniques.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
I don't think Avery was straight up bullying Brown, I am fairly sure it was an extremely, thoroughly misguided attempt to toughen up a very quiet and intimidated kid.

Its an old school thing to do in a locker room, which only hurts any kind of credibility he could hope to muster while complaining about old school coaching techniques.

Is making fun of someone’s speech impediment and his wife’s attractiveness a way to motivate a kid?
Sean Avery used to mock Dustin Brown about his lisp and wife

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad