2019-20 Kings News/Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
They should of just kept Mario Kempe and sent Grundstrom to play top minutes in Ontario. Plus, I thought Mario had a better preseason showing than his younger brother. Mario did a great job at moving the puck around with crisp passing.

Im hoping for:
Iafallo-Kopitar-Brown
Kovy-Lizotte-Carter (feel Lizotte has more creativity than Kempe)
Kempe-Amadio-Toffoli
Clifford-Lewis-Wagner
Grundstrom

Bjornfot-Doughty
Martinez-Roy
MacDermid-Hutton

I agree, Mario imo played himself on to the team.
Grundy is lacking some fundamental defensive positioning and it showed in some of his struggles.. He should not be a spare part in the NHL unless the FO is convinced they can move Toffoli or someone soon

Ollie Weeks

the sea does not dream of you
Feb 28, 2008
Wait a second.

Did I just read we should trade Kovy who scored 16 goals last season while missing 18 games for J. Johnson who has 4 years left @ +$3M and a 1st ?

How the **** is that a good deal ?

Because its easier to buy out Johnson’s contract than it is Kovalchuks, and it frees up a roster spot at forward, and gets us an extra 1st rounder.

Kovalchuk is a lodestone we need to get rid of. Pittsburgh might be able to get some value out of him next to Sid or Geno.

I’d even retain on Kovalchuk to make something like this happen.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
I really don’t like the idea of keeping Grundstrom as a 13th forward, but who else do you sit if not him? Lewis I guess? Give some veterans rotating nights off?

Reactions: LAKings88

funky

Time for the future. More Byfield and Clarke
Mar 9, 2002
It is too early to think about buying out Kovalchuk contract this year. We have no issues with Space this year, this is a rebuilding/retooling however you want to label it here.

Our best bet is to let Kovy play and play a lot in the beginning trying to reestablish himself as a sniper or a PP threat. Therefore at the trade line there is just one your remaining on his contract in which we can eat some of the salary and maybe trade him even if it’s for a late pick.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I really don’t like the idea of keeping Grundstrom as a 13th forward, but who else do you sit if not him? Lewis I guess? Give some veterans rotating nights off?

Only a matter of time till someone gets hurt, or rotated out in general.

I don't think either Wagner or Grundstrom had great preseasons (Lewis wasn't bad but was mediocre as well). It's nice to have options if guys struggle off the bat, or to give a dude a night in the pressbox to watch and learn doesn't hurt.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
If it was anyone but Johnson, I’d be game. Maybe Gudbranson and a first?

RocketKing

Jul 2, 2017
They should of just kept Mario Kempe and sent Grundstrom to play top minutes in Ontario. Plus, I thought Mario had a better preseason showing than his younger brother. Mario did a great job at moving the puck around with crisp passing.

Im hoping for:
Iafallo-Kopitar-Brown
Kovy-Lizotte-Carter (feel Lizotte has more creativity than Kempe)
Kempe-Amadio-Toffoli
Clifford-Lewis-Wagner
Grundstrom

Bjornfot-Doughty
Martinez-Roy
MacDermid-Hutton

Shitcan that useless POS Toffoli & play Gundstrom. Maybe someone is desperate enough to give us a 2nd or 3rd for him before the season starts.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Because its easier to buy out Johnson’s contract than it is Kovalchuks, and it frees up a roster spot at forward, and gets us an extra 1st rounder.

Kovalchuk is a lodestone we need to get rid of. Pittsburgh might be able to get some value out of him next to Sid or Geno.

I’d even retain on Kovalchuk to make something like this happen.

How do you figure that? If you buy IK out next June, everything stays the same as it would if he didn't get bought out, except he's not here. If you buy JJ out, his name is on the books until 2026. They get more cap space next year if they do JJ, but who are they going to spend it on? Another veteran warm body? It's probably even easier not buying Kovalchuk out at all. If TT, KC, and TL are all gone after this season, that's 3 spots open for young guys, which is likely more than enough. Then you try and trade IK at the 2021 deadline. Maybe get a mid round pick of some sort.

Because I'm not sure how a 1st is going to come this way from Pittsburgh in a JJ for IK trade. If the Kings were only taking JJ, then a 1st makes sense. Wasn't the rumor that Blake wanted to trade Carter for Marleau? I don't think another Leafs 1st was coming back. Is a 36+ year old winger what the Pens even need for 2 years? I'd hold onto that 1st until the deadline, especially if I was going to use it for IK, to see how he does first. Last year you can chalk it up to total team dysfunction. Now that the rest of the team seems to be somewhat engaged, and they have some level of respect for the coach, you see if he still does his own thing on the ice.

****can that useless POS Toffoli & play Gundstrom. Maybe someone is desperate enough to give us a 2nd or 3rd for him before the season starts.

We have some terrible salesmen on the board.

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
Grundstrom is the 13th forward only because someone noted in in the thread that way. He plays imo as he is in the long term picture. Wagner is the inexperienced forward that I think is most likely to sit, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see Lewis in the press box. Lizotte is also likely to be eased in so I expect to see them cherry pick a little, when he dresses, in his first few games.

I don’t actually think any of the centres other than Kempe and Kopi are certain to dress.

Reactions: crassbonanza

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
With the Flames adding Rinaldo to an already scummy roster, it’s nice to have a deterrent like MacDermid around.

I’d be interested in seeing if the Kings dress 11 forwards and 7 defensemen at times, or shift MacDermid to LW for some games.

Brad Norton and Kip Brennan were defensemen who turned into LW enforcers, so I figure the physical game and spending 5 or so minutes in the box would be more palpable if Big Mac lined up at LW. It’s less beneficial to be short a dman for an extended duration during the course of a game.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
With the Flames adding Rinaldo to an already scummy roster, it’s nice to have a deterrent like MacDermid around.

I’d be interested in seeing if the Kings dress 11 forwards and 7 defensemen at times, or shift MacDermid to LW for some games.

Brad Norton and Kip Brennan were defensemen who turned into LW enforcers, so I figure the physical game and spending 5 or so minutes in the box would be more palpable if Big Mac lined up at LW. It’s less beneficial to be short a dman for an extended duration during the course of a game.

They also waived Rinaldo today, so he may be more of a problem for the Reign than the Kings. Reign did try MacDermid at LW a couple of games early last year, but it was kind of a mess. He couldn't take the defense out of his mindset, he kept skating backwards.

Reactions: Ziggy Stardust
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce