2019-20 Kings News/Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Retain part of Kovalchuk's deal and get another contract of a bottom six forward who can play, like a McCann or Aston-Reese.

Rutherford strikes me as the type of GM who would be intrigued in reviving Kovalchuk by inserting him next to Malkin.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I pumped LaDue's potential a lot but he stagnated and actually took a step backwards this preseason.

Shame as he has the tools, just seems to have never gotten it right between the ears, plus never got to establish a rhythm between injuries and weird usage.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
LaDue is just too soft and doesn't excel at anything. He's just your average, run of the mill minor league filler who can play spot duty on a depleted blueline.

Now should he clear and be assigned to Ontario, the Reign will have 11 defensemen at camp. They need to move some bodies.

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
I believe this leaves

Iafallo-Kopitar-Brown
Kovalchuk-Kempe-Carter
Wagner-Amadio-Toffoli
Clifford-Lizotte-Lewis
*Grundstrom

Bjornfot-Doughty
Hutton-Martinez
MacDermid-Roy
*Walker, Ryan

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
I pumped LaDue's potential a lot but he stagnated and actually took a step backwards this preseason.

Shame as he has the tools, just seems to have never gotten it right between the ears, plus never got to establish a rhythm between injuries and weird usage.

Totally agree.He just never was able to take that next step to securing a permanent spot.

RocketKing

Jul 2, 2017

It showed in some of the preseason games, LaDue struggled quite a bit in his own zone when facing pressure from opposing fore checkers.

That's been his rap since he cane into the NHL - pressure him and he folds up like a cheap chair. Pretty useless as an NHL DMAN.

member 88115

I believe this leaves

Iafallo-Kopitar-Brown
Kovalchuk-Kempe-Carter
Wagner-Amadio-Toffoli
Clifford-Lizotte-Lewis
*Grundstrom

Bjornfot-Doughty
Hutton-Martinez
MacDermid-Roy
*Walker, Ryan
They should of just kept Mario Kempe and sent Grundstrom to play top minutes in Ontario. Plus, I thought Mario had a better preseason showing than his younger brother. Mario did a great job at moving the puck around with crisp passing.

Im hoping for:
Iafallo-Kopitar-Brown
Kovy-Lizotte-Carter (feel Lizotte has more creativity than Kempe)
Kempe-Amadio-Toffoli
Clifford-Lewis-Wagner
Grundstrom

Bjornfot-Doughty
Martinez-Roy
MacDermid-Hutton

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Ryan should be waived too. I'd love to see Ontario stacked and win. Be a good confidence booster for the kids.

Yeah, problem though is the kids can't grow to see if they have NHL potential with too many vets. About 4 or 5 is right. You can only dress 6 vets in game. Right now vets include Sutter, Frk, M. Kempe (if he clears) and Stanton. I really hope the Reign sign Bouma. He would do a lot to add some toughness and size. He's a decent player with a lot of NHL experience. I think his voice would go a long way in that locker room, which will be filled with first and second years players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad