2019-20 Kings News/Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Choralone

Oct 16, 2010
Burbank, CA
Derek Forbort to Kings fans, probably: "But as I leave you, I want you to know: just think how much you're going to be missing. You don't have Forbort to kick around anymore. "

Reactions: 21Dog

Choralone

Oct 16, 2010
Burbank, CA
It seems clear that our problem with Lewis is that no one else wants him. We're certainly not going to add assets to move him. His cap hit is still fairly negligible, so we'll just have him grow tomatoes or something.

Reactions: KingsFan7824

Piston

Fire Luc and Blake
Jun 14, 2006
Santa Monica/Salt Lake
Trevor Lewis is done as an NHL player. I may be wrong, but no one is going to offer him a contract this off season just like no one was going to trade for him today. Please show the guy some respect- he earned it. He scored two goals in Game 6 against NJ in the 2012 finals, was the unsung hero for the team for many years, is a consummate team mate and is one of only 16 Kings all time to win two rings playing for us. This guy gave everything for the team and maximized a limited talent set. I wish him well and hope he has a great life after hockey.

The Gabe Blade

Jul 9, 2004
Why is everyone worked up about Lewis not being traded? He is a UFA this summer. The pick back for him only creates a hole in LA or Ontario that we dont have the personnel to fill.

I'm cool with not upsetting the Lewis household for a couple months.

Then again it would be hilarious to watch all your heads explode when he signs that extension........ :scared:

riznat

Sponsor
Nov 19, 2005
Lake Tahoe
What is the condition on the Forbort trade? That the flames make the playoffs or something? Kinda surprised he didn't get traded without a condition.

AzKing

Feb 4, 2019
Newport Coast, CA
Pretty sure had anyone offered something of value for Lewis he would have been traded. He just isn't a very good player at this point.

That’s really where we are. When you consider how badly we wanted him moved just because he is taking up space makes it hard to see a contender wanting him unless they needed a warm body.

redcard

System Poster
Mar 12, 2007
Out

Kovalchuk
Campbell
Clifford
Toffoli
Martinez
Forbort

------------

IN

Moore
Madden
2nd '20 Van
2nd '20 LGK
2nd '21 STL
3rd '20 CBJ
3rd '21 TOR (possibly 2nd)
4th '21 CGY (possibly 3rd)
(Schaller)

I'm content. It was a good garage sale.

Last edited:

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Now that Forbort is gone I just want to bring up one more time that the Kings could have drafted Tarasenko instead of Forbort.
The beginning of our decline...
Vlad Tarasenko, Kyle Connor, Erik Cernak and some depth Dmen would have been kinda helpful...

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
Why is everyone worked up about Lewis not being traded? He is a UFA this summer. The pick back for him only creates a hole in LA or Ontario that we dont have the personnel to fill.

I'm cool with not upsetting the Lewis household for a couple months.

Then again it would be hilarious to watch all your heads explode when he signs that extension........ :scared:
Lewis is a hole when hes there himself. that hole being filled with literally anything from a prospect looking to get his feet wet, or a waiver wire pickup would be better. If they resign him my head would explode for sure

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
It will be interesting to see how Forbort does in another organization.

Was hoping LA would get a 4th for Lewis. 4th is a lottery ticket at best so no issues with him not being moved.

Sleeping Dog

Fan Since ‘68
Sep 21, 2013
LBC
The deadline can make GM’s do crazy things.
Yep, they all think they’re a 4th liner/3rd paring D away from the Cup. It usually doesn’t turn out that way. Even bold moves can backfire.
Two days out of the year the GM’s lose their minds: TDL and opening of free agent signing. Then they complain about escalating salaries.

AzKing

Feb 4, 2019
Newport Coast, CA
Out

Kovalchuk
Campbell
Clifford
Toffoli
Martinez
Forbort

------------

IN

Moore
Madden
2nd '20 Van
2nd '20 LGK
2nd '21 STL
3rd '20 CBJ
3rd '21 TOR (possibly 2nd)
4th '21 CGY (condition)
(Schaller)

I'm content. It was a good garage sale.

It will be interesting to see if they move some of these picks to target a specific player in Round 1 or to upgrade the system with a proven prospect outside of the draft. I doubt that they keep all these 2nd rounders.

Piston

Fire Luc and Blake
Jun 14, 2006
Santa Monica/Salt Lake
Gotta have some vets and grinders to show the kids how to work. Lewis will play that role through the rest of the year

Yes, and he will do it well just like everything he has done as a member of the organization given his skill set. I hope he sees the writing on the wall and announces his retirement effective the end of the season so the Kings can honor him in our final home game. Dude hes earned it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad