Injury Report: 2019-20 IR/recall thread (Latest - NHL season on LTIR)

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Not so worried about Cam, he wasn’t performing too good lately again, but losing Seth... I hope Torts system can withstand that

67 others

Jul 30, 2010
Moose country
And I have to ask the question why he was allowed to come back into the game? I would have rather been shutout on Saturday than lose him for the rest of the regular season if there was any chance that those final 2 periods made this worse.
I didn't see it.
Depending on how bad the break is, maybe he just told the trainers "its sore but ill be fine and skate it off" because he did not know he broke it.

Hockey players are all kinds of crazy.

LazyCircuits

Dec 14, 2019
Europia
I didn't see it.
Depending on how bad the break is, maybe he just told the trainers "its sore but ill be fine and skate it off" because he did not know he broke it.

Hockey players are all kinds of crazy.

A trainer ultimately has to trust the guy who knows his own body. If Jones said he was good to go, you can’t hold him back. I expect that guys who are crazy brave probably end up battling through more nights banged up than nights missed because injuries have been exacerbated.

JKinCLE

killing time @ work
Jul 10, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Ryan Murray has a spot on the top pair waiting for him as soon as he's ready. Is that the "luxury" that is so often spoken of with him?

Fairwhether

Jan 4, 2018
After tonight the CBJ have three players that have played all 57 games, Pierre Luc-Dubois, Gustav Nyquist, and Boone Jenner.

KCbus

Jan 3, 2010
Reynoldsburg, OH
Or, in other words, the next guy to go down will be PLD.
Take it back! Take it back!
Minions Punch.gif

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Any news on Cam? Was it his ankle? Illness? Potential birth of another child?

Does anyone have the latest updates on all those who are out? Anderson was supposedly skating and/or "close" last week, right? Korpi was doing off-ice drills. Is he close? Still no timetable on Kukan? Murray has been "week to week" for...two months? Porty thought he'd be back after the break. Taxier still indefinitely? And Wennberg we should see around the beginning of March.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
I know Foudy was a short-term emergency call up and Torts cited the need for offensive skill in their reasoning, but why not Thurkauf or Fix-Wolansky?

TFW is 5-5-10 in his last 11 games with Cleveland.
Thurkauf just came off a 5-6-11 streak in 13 games.

Both of those guys are probably worth a look. Maybe even over Gerbe at this point, who now has done nothing in his last 8 games.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005

Does anyone have the latest updates on all those who are out? Anderson was supposedly skating and/or "close" last week, right? Korpi was doing off-ice drills. Is he close? Still no timetable on Kukan? Murray has been "week to week" for...two months? Porty thought he'd be back after the break. Taxier still indefinitely? And Wennberg we should see around the beginning of March.
Pretty much accurate. It was definitely his ankle but it seems like he skated today. Anderson was also skating today. I thought I read Murray skated yesterday but no reports of him skating today. When Wennberg went down I read 3-4 weeks and 4-6 weeks so I don’t know who to believe.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
I also think tomorrow will determine how close Korpisalo is. Since there is a back to back up coming it will be interesting if he actually is a full participant in practice tomorrow. If he isn’t I’m guessing he’s probably another week away.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009

I am almost certain it was his ankle.

Anderson definitely had a set back because he practiced with the team straight out of the break and I haven't heard/seen that he's done it again since. Korpi is skating before the team practices which signals he's getting closer but not ready yet for action. Nothing on Kukan, Texier, or Murray.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
I know Foudy was a short-term emergency call up and Torts cited the need for offensive skill in their reasoning, but why not Thurkauf or Fix-Wolansky?

TFW is 5-5-10 in his last 11 games with Cleveland.
Thurkauf just came off a 5-6-11 streak in 13 games.

Both of those guys are probably worth a look. Maybe even over Gerbe at this point, who now has done nothing in his last 8 games.
They would be worth a look, but I don't know what they would bring different than what has been called up. You never know, some guys respond when they get to the highest level so yeah, why not? They have both played well, but haven't done so for a full season, so this streak they have been on may not be indicative of what a full year may be like. TFW was ok before he was injured, but since he came back he has been hot. Thurkauf missed a lot of time last year, and a little this year, but he has been good when he plays.

SavesEmNot

Jul 2, 2012
This is what happens when I go to the game. Sorry, everyone.
I have something to confess.

I saw Jones at Whole Foods, two days before the game against Colorado. I remember thinking to myself something like, "Man it would suck if he got hurt".

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
While the Jones injury hurts. I don't know that it will be as big of an impact everyone says. The TBL game showed it is solid team defense that they have ridden this far. Sure they f'd up at the end but they aren't going to turn into the Red Wings overnight because if it. They can survive this as long as people remember how to score some goals. That needed to be done regardless if Jones was injured or not.

Reactions: Monstershockey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad