Injury Report: 2019-20 IR/recall thread (Latest - NHL season on LTIR)

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
While the Jones injury hurts. I don't know that it will be as big of an impact everyone says. The TBL game showed it is solid team defense that they have ridden this far. Sure they f'd up at the end but they aren't going to turn into the Red Wings overnight because if it. They can survive this as long as people remember how to score some goals. That needed to be done regardless if Jones was injured or not.

This team probably isn't going to an offense juggernaut overnight.

Sometimes you gotta dance with the one who brung ya

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
This team probably isn't going to an offense juggernaut overnight.

Sometimes you gotta dance with the one who brung ya
This is true but i think my point wasn't necessarily that the Jones injury is make or break for getting into the playoffs, their ability to score goals is the make or break item. It is quite possible that if he wasn't injured we could still miss the playoffs.

smoneil

Jul 14, 2004
Arkansas
Its been quite the season when Murray, Anderson, Korpi, Tex, Wennberg, Kukan and Dubi are all out injured and we feel "almost healthy" :laugh:

Just curious: Do y'all have any sense as to what is going on with Dubinsky? He's one of my favorite players from back in his Rangers days, and I've been curious as to why he's been out basically the whole year (and nobody really seems to be talking about it, unless I missed it). Is he done, or do you expect him back at some point?

Reactions: thebus88

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Just curious: Do y'all have any sense as to what is going on with Dubinsky? He's one of my favorite players from back in his Rangers days, and I've been curious as to why he's been out basically the whole year (and nobody really seems to be talking about it, unless I missed it). Is he done, or do you expect him back at some point?

chronic wrist issues. He’ll probably never play again

Reactions: smoneil

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite

has no locker stall, doesn’t take part in team activities, doesn’t go to the games, and for some reason doesn’t even post on social media anymore (even after his Chiefs won the Super Bowl). He’s done as an NHLer and I’m worried about him personally too.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
In terms of scoring? I'll have to disagree, and I'm not a Sherwood fan.
Sherwood will get a couple points and then disappear for a while, then get a couple points, then disappear, and so on. The one thing he does consistant is get stupid penalties. The other team can get under his skin and get him to do something irresponsible. MacInnis is the opposite. He spreads out his points, is solid on defense and the penalty kill. At least in Cleveland he brings more to the table. With more time MacInnis can be a good bottom six guy. Sherwood needs a little more work in my opinion. I hope he does good with CBJ, and we all know some guys can end up playing better in the NHL than the AHL. I am just basing this on what I have seen in Cleveland, so it can be different in Columbus. I am not bashing Kole, I am hoping he works out, just like I hope all the guys work out when they get the call.

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
Foudy should be able to play with us on Tuesday at Philly. But man do we need Anderson and Wennberg (Murray too) back ASAP. Kind of infuriating that Anderson has been out so long.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Foudy should be able to play with us on Tuesday at Philly. But man do we need Anderson and Wennberg (Murray too) back ASAP. Kind of infuriating that Anderson has been out so long.

I'm sort of wondering if him being out so long is becoming a power play with his agent. Since the article came out with the quote say he won't return until their doctor clears him make me wonder if this is trying to be used as a negotiating ploy this summer. If he comes back and deemed 100% healthy and still doesn't score it really hurts their negotiating stance. They clearly want to make sure he doesn't return early but it also shows very little trust in the team doctors that their version of healthy enough to return and the team's version may be different.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
So, uh, was Torts lying about wanting offensive skill in their callup(s)? They proceeded to call up Lilja and Sherwood over Thurkauf and TFW. At least be consistent, FFS.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
There could be another step soon. Korpisalo is expected to be sent to AHL Cleveland on a conditioning assignment as early as Wednesday, The Athletic has learned.
The Monsters have two weekend games: Friday in Syracuse and Saturday in Rochester. An AHL conditioning assignment cannot last more than 14 days, but it seems unlikely that Korpisalo would play more than a couple of games in Cleveland.
Blue Jackets general manager Jarmo Kekalainen would not comment on Korpisalo’s status or the club’s plans except to say: “He’s getting close.”

Yet another rough one in Philly for the Blue Jackets, plus...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad