Injury Report: 2019-20 IR/recall thread (Latest - NHL season on LTIR)

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Jarmo is fin so he could ask. and for cheap just to help with the playoff race I wouldn't mind a veteran. it's mostly based on the fact that Jarmo might know him better than others gm.

yes like you said Sten even in the ahl mostly played wing. he won't be that great on faceoff or anything really. right now is only nhl ready skill is his shot.

and again Bem and Gus still are option for center if he want to play lili over Mac.

Id honestly let bem play at least 1 game at center to see how it goes.

Gus was drafted as center but never really played that position since so maybe Cap would be better. we will see.
Stenlund has been at center since he has been back. I can't find face off stats for AHL, but when I do pay attention closer, he tends to get thrown out a lot. Don't know if it is just rust or weak linesman, or he deserves it, but he seems to be pretty pissed when he gets tossed.

P10p

May 15, 2012
When is Korpisalo expected back. And can we expect him to retake the majority of starts?

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
When is Korpisalo expected back. And can we expect him to retake the majority of starts?

A couple more weeks. No one knows how start time will go after that - though the coaching staff has indicated (at least, in early/mid January) that Korpi would come back as the #1.

Reactions: P10p

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
I was sort of expecting Kivlenieks to get the start Friday against Detroit but if they sent him down to play tonight and he just played on Saturday I don’t know if that changes anything or not.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
With the off day Thursday they could still run him out Friday, if not Saturday. As hot as Elvis is, if he isn't tired it wouldn't surprise me if he gets both games. He really hasn't played a lot of games this season.

Reactions: MoeBartoli

OscarsCards

Spooky action at a distance
Mar 13, 2013
Cesis
Ride till die in this situation is brainless, Korpisalo already got injured and isn't back yet and we don't know what his performance will be so if Elvis gets an injury now this could be the end of all of it. So at least back to back games must been split between 2 G's. But maybe Korpisalo will be back in this weekend after all.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
I’m not going to worry about 1 B2B. They did just complete an extended vacation. Florida isn’t worried about breaking Bob starting him 2 days in a row. However, you don’t need to start a guy on both games when one of them is against a team that hasn’t broken 30 points yet.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
These guys aren't made of glass, well except maybe Murray. If they are going to get hurt it doesn't matter what game you sit him, he'll just get hurt the next game. You could split the b2b, give Elvis rest, and he could still come out and get hurt. These guys are conditioned atheletes. Kiv will probably get a game, I just won't be surprised if Elvis gets both.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
There is no evidence Korpi’s injury is because of workload. A different era I’ll grant you, but Glenn Hall played all 70:games 7 consecutive seasons and no injuries, (the next two seasons he played 66 and 65 games). Now I do buy that goalies can become mentally fatigued and rest may be needed to stay mentally sharp. But I just don’t buy the physical injury correlation.

Last edited:
Reactions: Monstershockey

OscarsCards

Spooky action at a distance
Mar 13, 2013
Cesis
There is no evidence Korpi’s injury is because of workload. A different era I’ll grant you, but Glenn Hall played all 70:games 7 consecutive seasons and no injuries, (the next two seasons he played 66 and 65 games). Now I do buy that goalies can become mentally fatigued and rest may be needed to stay mentally sharp. But I just don’t buy the physical injury correlation.

Does Glenn Hall plays for Jackets? You won't get any evidance on injury correlations because there are any it's just what people believe in the end. This knee injury in almost innocent situation makes you think, maybe there was a bit too much of a stress on his knee. There's not much of a studies of injury prevention in hockey but who knows what future is holding.

Ice Hockey Injuries: Who Gets Hurt and Why Does it Matter?

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Does Glenn Hall plays for Jackets? You won't get any evidance on injury correlations because there are any it's just what people believe in the end. This knee injury in almost innocent situation makes you think, maybe there was a bit too much of a stress on his knee. There's not much of a studies of injury prevention in hockey but who knows what future is holding.

Ice Hockey Injuries: Who Gets Hurt and Why Does it Matter?
Oh.....didn’t realize the correlation only applied if you played hockey AND were a Blue Jacket. Carry on....with whatever.

Reactions: Mailrep

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
Robby is out? McGinnis Stenlund Gerbe - I tell you what, the Cleveland Monsters have really saved the bacon this season. Had those players not done so well for us.. ah f*** it.. they did so why worry eh?

Reactions: CBJWennberg10

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Robinson was on crutches yesterday, so...no official word on if he's out, but doesn't look good.
I thought it was just a walking boot? The fact they didn’t say he was definitely out and the fact he finished the game makes me think it is a deep bruise. Either way I would guess he’s just out for the weekend and I’m ok with Stenlund back in the lineup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad