Seen Rutta btw?
IMG_8264.jpeg

He was behind Stammer

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
my heart says game 3. My brain says game 5 on the back-to-back

That just doesn't make any sense from my POV. You're not doing anyone any favors if you try to "save" him for an elimination game (or potential elimination game) only. Someone who hasn't played since February can't be thrust into the role of being the "savior". It's not fair to him and it gives the wrong impression. He needs to play as soon as he's ready to play, and if that time doesn't come, then I dunno what else to say but when we once again have completely run out of goal scoring ability at this stage of the playoffs and you have a potential reinforcement ready to go, you don't sit and wait on that. Our power play is f***ing anemic. If he can even help there, then get him in there ASAP.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

AlmostThere242

Nov 16, 2014
We've seen very little cutting & lateral movement from Point since getting hurt. It's mostly straight line speed, and he no longer pumps the brakes super hard that is usually followed up with his elite acceleration into open ice.

It sucks. We can still beat Dallas but other guys who have gone ghost have to chip in.

Reactions: DownIsTheNewUp

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
We've seen very little cutting & lateral movement from Point since getting hurt. It's mostly straight line speed, and he no longer pumps the brakes super hard that is usually followed up with his elite acceleration into open ice.

It sucks. We can still beat Dallas but other guys who have gone ghost have to chip in.
You could tell how much faster and better at skating he was during the Columbus and Boston series. Point will be at like 50% for the remainder of the playoffs and its a damn shame. He showed how much of a game changer he could be on the ice.

Tampa is cursed to always have our best players injured in the playoffs (Johnson, Bishop, Stralman, Bishop x2, Stamkos, Kucherov, Hedman, Stamkos x2, Point)

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Doesn't even matter if he's a non factor 5 on 5. If he can be somewhat effective on the PP he's more valuable.

Seen an unhealthy Stamkos play the PP before, it's useless unless he has his shot other wise we get a right handed Kucherov trying to play cross ice hot potato with the other one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad