Injury Report: 2019-20 Injuries: Steven Stamkos done for rest of playoffs

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
I think Coop didn't see the need to play him and risk him.

I expect him to play in game 4 for a limited amount of time, possibly PPs.

I don't get the talk of him not playing again, he looked fine

Major4Boarding

Unfamiliar Moderator
Jan 30, 2009
South of Heaven
So I guess it is confirmed that Stamkos did In fact leave the bubble for a period of time.

Squint.gif

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
I think Coop didn't see the need to play him and risk him.

I expect him to play in game 4 for a limited amount of time, possibly PPs.

I don't get the talk of him not playing again, he looked fine

Idk. If Stamkos plays and aggravates his injury again, we're playing 11/6 for the second straight game right on the front end of a back-to-back. There's too much downside. As much as I'd like to see him out there.

If we win Game 4 and he's feeling better? Then it might make sense.

Reactions: Hoek

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Idk. If Stamkos plays and aggravates his injury again, we're playing 11/6 for the second straight game right on the front end of a back-to-back. There's too much downside. As much as I'd like to see him out there.

If we win Game 4 and he's feeling better? Then it might make sense.
The guys are very used to playing with 11 forwards, but I don't think that Stammer being available for only a partial game was ever thought to be in the cards.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
The guys are very used to playing with 11 forwards, but I don't think that Stammer being available for only a partial game was ever thought to be in the cards.

But again, the element of the back-to-back is tricky. And Cooper has admitted that our forwards were getting tired in the 11/7 lineup vs Dallas. I think we have to have full confidence that Stamkos will play the full game, and I just don't see it.

PaulGG

May 15, 2011
Win tonight for Stammer and it don't matter. Was awesome he made it back and scored on his first shot

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
I asked this in another thread, and no one responded. Has a coached ruled out a player for a game or series, only for that player to play anyway? Legit, straight up lie to the media to deceive the other team?

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I asked this in another thread, and no one responded. Has a coached ruled out a player for a game or series, only for that player to play anyway? Legit, straight up lie to the media to deceive the other team?
I'm not sure they've had to.

A younger me (impossible to imagine, I know) would probably have thought about those type of mind games, but it also plays mind games with your own guys. Too many complexities.

It does tell these players that they're going to be the guys. The clouds won't part to show Stammer descending from the heavens.

Last edited:

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL

I actually saw a day or two ago when looking up Bishop's status that, the day of Game 5 vs. Colorado, he was ruled "unfit to play" earlier in the day, and then started that game (and got destroyed). So I guess there is some precedent for lying, intentionally or otherwise, about this.

PJ817

Jan 27, 2019
I said earlier on another post, given the way they've acted with Stammer, given how Stammer has acted ... I think our captain doesn't see the ice again as a player.

For 2:47 we got to see the very best of all that he had to give - every year he played - and IF that is the last

Were we not blessed? HELL yes, we were!!!

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
I actually saw a day or two ago when looking up Bishop's status that, the day of Game 5 vs. Colorado, he was ruled "unfit to play" earlier in the day, and then started that game (and got destroyed). So I guess there is some precedent for lying, intentionally or otherwise, about this.

He didn't even play this bad...just gave up a few juicy rebounds he usually wouldn't but the goals weren't his faults. They left him out to dry.

Since he's back to unfit to play since, I think we can assume that the situation is very similar to Stamkos'. They tried it and it didn't work. With Bishop, it's probably groin again. Don't think we'll see Bishop either...which is a shame, too.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon

Think there's a rule when a team submits the final roster for a game (the one you see on the official NHL sites), those are the only ones who can play in that game??? I vaguely remember a player (Dotchin on his current team??) who wasn't allowed to play because he wasn't on the final roster??

Reactions: Ginger Papa

dbieon12

Vinik-Brisebois-Cooper
Jul 22, 2010
As far as I'm concerned, Stamkos isn't even a member of the Tampa Bay Lightning anymore. Gotta update my avatar. Without knowing the full extent of the injury, it seems strange that he could score a goal by blowing by the defender and ripping the puck higher than any of our other players can reach - and he isn't good enough to play 5-10 minutes? I thought this was hockey where players put it on the line for the Cup.

Obviously, I still respect the guy, but he's playing and looking better than most of our skaters at this point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad