Injury Report: 2019-20 Injuries: Steven Stamkos done for rest of playoffs

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
I kind of like where the team is (minus Stammer). Going through some adversity is what everyone said doomed them last year. Well they've had plenty of it this season.

Seems like the PP is starting to click again ( i know it was only one game). Defense will start to get healthy again soon and there are plenty of game left to let the new guys get comfortable and for the team to work other things.

Its also nice that I've seen everyone picking Boston to just roll through the first two rounds. I think this team will play much better if nobody thinks they can win. I'm also sure that they are gonna replay last years sweep for the entire team before the playoffs start, just encase anyone had forgotten even a little bit of what that was like.

I don't see motivation or intensity being a problem. The only thing thats gonna matter is the same thing its always been. Can Cooper adapt when he as to? He's got more size and grit.

TIME TO WIN THIS f***ING THING!!! ⚡⚡⚡

Despite Boston being the favorite, Tampa is in no way coming in an underdog and will be the massive favorite in their 1st round matchup and even then they won't get any credibility back until they take a out a big dog in the East. Tampa has the reputation they do because when they lose they do it embrassingly bad, as bad as last years sweep was, imagine if we give Toronto their first playoff win in 16 years, we might as well throw in the towel.

Toronto is going to come in hard, they've had a rough year and are clawing to hold onto that 3rd spot, as much of a running joke as they are they'll come in twice as hard as Columbus did last year with their guys trying to erase a reputation as well so our guys better be prepared this time.

Last edited:

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
The Toronto loss might be worse than the sweep since their insufferable fans will he acting even worse than usual. Plus the rest of the league will **it all over us... I didnt think I could suffer anymore than last years sweep :laugh:

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
The Toronto loss might be worse than the sweep since their insufferable fans will he acting even worse than usual. Plus the rest of the league will **it all over us... I didnt think I could suffer anymore than last years sweep :laugh:

losing to Toronto round one would be horrible. Too bad the Panthers squandered their opportunity

Boltswin

Apr 29, 2011
Tampa
This is a test. Shit.

Did you self censor, is that word not “shit” (took a sec to figure out which word you were using there), or have our shit privileges been revoked?

(anticipated) edit: nope, we’re good

edit2: bolded

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
We should be favored in a series vs Toronto and should win. With that said it wouldn't be that surprising if we lost to them. Honestly think a series vs Toronto would be tougher than people on here may think. They are just as pissed off about the playoffs right now if not more so. They still have their top players when Stammer would be out. I wouldnt call it a slam dunk at all and losing to them would really suck for sure but I would be much less surprised by them beating us than I was when we played Columbus. Even if we had just lost in a close series to CBJ.

Reactions: TheGreatOutlaw

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
We should be favored in a series vs Toronto and should win. With that said it wouldn't be that surprising if we lost to them. Honestly think a series vs Toronto would be tougher than people on here may think. They are just as pissed off about the playoffs right now if not more so. They still have their top players when Stammer would be out. I wouldnt call it a slam dunk at all and losing to them would really suck for sure but I would be much less surprised by them beating us than I was when we played Columbus. Even if we had just lost in a close series to CBJ.
Yeah it’s pretty safe to say they’re really underperforming so far this season. And they’ll have some players return from injury just in time as well.

All that said, in the end it’s a coin flip. Both teams are hella talented and hungry. All it takes is one hot goalie or a cold/hot streak or a missed call to change the outcome of a playoff series.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
This is a test. Shit.

Did you self censor, is that word not “shit” (took a sec to figure out which word you were using there), or have our shit privileges been revoked?

(anticipated) edit: nope, we’re good

edit2: bolded
Yeah, wasnt aware of the shit rule :laugh:

Test edit:
Ass
Damn
Boobs

Reactions: LoSTRaMaiR

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Yeah it’s pretty safe to say they’re really underperforming so far this season. And they’ll have some players return from injury just in time as well.

All that said, in the end it’s a coin flip. Both teams are hella talented and hungry. All it takes is one hot goalie or a cold/hot streak or a missed call to change the outcome of a playoff series.

Agree. I think Toronto could easily beat us. I think something that we TB fans have possibly gotten a little bit spoiled with our team was going far in the playoffs. Honestly besides the one where we lost to the Caps in the ECF, I remember we were not picked to go far those years. Then last year we know what happened. What I'm trying to say is that winning a playoff series is f***ing hard. The expectations have grown a lot since we went to the ECF 3 out of 6 times and it most definitely should because if you have done it not once, 3 times in a quick amount of time that should mean your team is good enough to do it again. While this is true on some level, it definitely doesnt take into account how hard it is to win in the playoffs.

With that said, if we dont win the first round again we will make some changes. Cooper will probably be gone. We already know some players will go but maybe even then we go ahead and ask a player who has a NTC to waive. All in the name of a shakeup. Which I dont think anybody would be against a shakeup to that capacity. Neither would I.

Last edited:

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
I can def see Toronto out gunning us now that Sammer is out. I would easily favor them on the offensive side for sure.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Not worried yet. The Stamkos injury sucks but there's no reason we can't do this by committee. Don't forget how things change in the playoffs, how soft their team is, and how weak their D is.

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
I can def see Toronto out gunning us now that Sammer is out. I would easily favor them on the offensive side for sure.
The TML defense and goal-tending is their weakness. They have an issues with their softer skill players disappearing in the playoffs as well. I think we matchup more favorable to them then say a hungry physical team like the CBJ last year with great coaching.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Agree. I think Toronto could easily beat us. I think something that we TB fans have possibly gotten a little bit spoiled with our team was going far in the playoffs. Honestly besides the one where we lost to the Caps in the ECF, I remember we were not picked to go far those years. Then last year we know what happened. What I'm trying to say is that winning a playoff series is f***ing hard. The expectations have grown a lot since we went to the ECF 3 out of 6 times and it most definitely should because if you have done it not once, 3 times in a quick amount of time that should mean your team is good enough to do it again. While this is true on some level, it definitely doesnt take into account how hard it is to win in the playoffs.

With that said, if we dont win the first round again we will make some changes. Cooper will probably be gone. We already know some players will go but maybe even then we go ahead and ask a player who has a NTC to waive. All in the name of a shakeup. Which I dont think anybody would be against a shakeup to that capacity. Neither would I.

What are you even saying here? Of course you're expected to go far when you have a roster like TB has had since 2015, that's why they made the moves they did. What do you think Yzerman and JBB have been building for 5 years if the expectation isn't to win? This isn't some mediocre bubble team.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
What are you even saying here? Of course you're expected to go far when you have a roster like TB has had since 2015, that's why they made the moves they did. What do you think Yzerman and JBB have been building for 5 years if the expectation isn't to win? This isn't some mediocre bubble team.

Im saying that the playoffs are hard to win. Even with high expectations and a loaded roster it means nothing. We saw that last year. We have seen loaded caps and pens teams fall early in the playoffs. Our deep runs arent something that happens too often. Its probably more realistic that we get knocked out in the first two rounds than that we go far. I get why the expectations are the way they are but Im just saying that people forget exactly how tough the playoffs are.

Reactions: ultra63

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Im saying that the playoffs are hard to win. Even with high expectations and a loaded roster it means nothing. We saw that last year. We have seen loaded caps and pens teams fall early in the playoffs. Our deep runs arent something that happens too often. Its probably more realistic that we get knocked out in the first two rounds than that we go far. I get why the expectations are the way they are but Im just saying that people forget exactly how tough the playoffs are.

Yes, it does.... And those pens and caps teams were expected to win also, not sure what you're getting at here.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay

Excuse me while I do everything I can to not punch a hole in the wall... This whole "tough it out warrior" stuff that basically cost Callahan his career that seemingly our entire locker room seems dead set on following somehow became the answer of "can our yearly injury bug get any worse" because now it means we don't have Stamkos for round 1 and probably our PP being completely disjointed as a result

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
It takes awhile to see the extent of some of these things, some go away, some are tolerable till the summer and some get worse. It's possible his initial injury didn't require surgery until it was aggravated on that play a week ago, in which case it's better it happens now than later in the season.

Reactions: NatoGhost

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Excuse me while I do everything I can to not punch a hole in the wall... This whole "tough it out warrior" stuff that basically cost Callahan his career that seemingly our entire locker room seems dead set on following somehow became the answer of "can our yearly injury bug get any worse" because now it means we don't have Stamkos for round 1 and probably our PP being completely disjointed as a result
Where do you draw the line though? Most hockey players have bruises, missing teeth and pain. And most will shrug it off, “help the team” etc. until it’s too late.

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
You go tell these guys to go miss time and in turn lose money on his next contract. You might not like that answer, but thats the lay of the land.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad