GDT: 2019-20 GM#63 LA Kings vs Edmonton Oilers @7:00pm 2/23/20

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
Is it me or has Doughty just been disengaged pretty much all season.
He had a really good game during the stadium series...just shows you that he can play his game but since the Kings are not fighting for po spot and rebuilding , he's going to ride the tank with the rest.

fsanford

Jul 4, 2009
What is the record for 2 on 1's allowed in a period cuz I think the Kings smashed it.

It's Lakers night here and the Oilers are giving the Kings Showtime.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Is it me or has Doughty just been disengaged pretty much all season.

I think everyone everywhere would agree with that. I'm guessing he'll be out of it until the team is good again. He's been through the rebuilding before, the ups and downs, the ultimate competitive environments. Unfortunately they weren't rebuilding on the day he re-signed. Even LeBron quit when the Lakers weren't good.

I can't even hold it against him anymore. Or any of the vets. It's not easy being this uncompetitive when you're 30+ and have had success. This is not what these years for them were supposed to be. It's like being the intern again after you lose your job at 51. If it was 20 years earlier, maybe you can make it work. Doughty's not supposed to be the warm body at his age, but he is essentially a warm body until the draft picks are ready.

I'm done ripping them about this stuff. I get it. I don't feel sorry for them, because of the $, but I get that it's not fun for them. He made his bed though. He could've been smart and seen what the team was. But he cashed in, which, I guess is the smart thing to do.

8randyn

Aug 14, 2011
Valencia, CA
My reaction to 85 pound Lizotte attempting to cover Draisaitl

smudge_the_cat_1390117.jpg

funky

Time for the future. More Byfield and Clarke
Mar 9, 2002
Seeing Lewis in the game doesn’t give me much hope he will be traded. We already have new Lewis in Wagner.

Kopitar has had a nice game

Not impressed with Vilardi tonight but rookies will be rookies.

Walker needs a few games off.

Like Kempe with Kopitar

funky

Time for the future. More Byfield and Clarke
Mar 9, 2002
Brown realized the trade deadline is coming up and is scoring at will this week in hopes he gets traded off this sinking ship.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
fleeing the zone again, vilardi the only one back

lucky we're not pulling that out of the back of the net

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
He was brutal last year, much better to start this year and now back to last year's standard. Todd needs to rip him a new one.

Do you think there is anyone that could be in a position of authority to get through to him? Anything involving Doughty will have to come from Doughty. If he's not into it, nobody is going to be able to tell him to get into it. He's reached a level professionally where he's beyond that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad