GDT: 2019-20 GM#63 LA Kings vs Edmonton Oilers @7:00pm 2/23/20

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
Is there a place anymore to see shift charts? I feel like nhl.com has them but they’re impossible to find.
shiftchart.com

not joking

actually a really good site, not the most user friendly but the datas there

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Actually thought we were gonna get shutout. So fighting back for 2 goals is an amazing accomplishment. But these are the games you expect. All these promising young players we once thought we had, the Amadio's, Wagner's, lizotte's of the world are who they are. Come to the kings and all your offensive potentials go down the drain. Seriously don't know what it is. Lets hope none of our future high end prospects don't flame out the same way. Sheesh.
We lack physicality! We’re a soft team and sorely need a young Brownie type prospect(s) or UFA signing

Reactions: ru4reals

Butch 19

Go cart Mozart
May 12, 2006
Geographical Oddity
Actually thought we were gonna get shutout. So fighting back for 2 goals is an amazing accomplishment. But these are the games you expect. All these promising young players we once thought we had, the Amadio's, Wagner's, lizotte's of the world are who they are. Come to the kings and all your offensive potentials go down the drain. Seriously don't know what it is. Lets hope none of our future high end prospects don't flame out the same way. Sheesh.

Toffoli, Martinez and Muzzin are sooooo glad they're out of this mix....

... and hope strings eternal.

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
Toffoli, Martinez and Muzzin are sooooo glad they're out of this mix....

... and hope strings eternal.

Martinez with his second tonight already I believe. Seems like Sutters system is still lingering around and not going away. Although affective during the golden age of Kings hockey we just don't have the players to play that way anymore. Aaahhh like someone said its going to be another 5 years of this crap show. :cry:

kingsholygrail

Slewfoots Everywhere
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Martinez with his second tonight already I believe. Seems like Sutters system is still lingering around and not going away. Although affective during the golden age of Kings hockey we just don't have the players to play that way anymore. Aaahhh like someone said its going to be another 5 years of this crap show. :cry:
What is the Sutter system?

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
What is the Sutter system?

Maybe a little bit more of a defensive system that may restrict some players from their offensive potentials. Perhaps few of our players could have been more productive offensively. Not saying it was bad it helped us win two cups but just don't have the players to run that system anymore. Just my point of view maybe some might feel the same. I know Kopi had his best season in regards to points after Sutter was let go. Although I think it made kopitar a better player because of it. But maybe the players I mentioned weren't that good in the first place so it is what it is.

kingsholygrail

Slewfoots Everywhere
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Maybe a little bit more of a defensive system that may restrict some players from their offensive potentials. Perhaps few of our players could have been more productive offensively. Not saying it was bad it helped us win two cups but just don't have the players to run that system anymore. Just my point of view maybe some might feel the same. I know Kopi had his best season in regards to points after Sutter was let go. Although I think it made kopitar a better player because of it. But maybe the players I mentioned weren't that good in the first place so it is what it is.
So what do you see on this team that's even remotely defensively responsible right now? And a primarily defensive system was Murray, not Sutter. Sutter was all about possession.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
In a nutshell... we lack talent, both offensively and defensively in a major way. Vilardi hasn’t even hit half a season of pro experience but is showing to be a game changing player. We need to be smart in UFA and likely overpay for toughness, leadership and depth.. JGP, Gudas, Haula and do on... the question is, how long do we go on these contracts, who actually fits, how much do we overpay to shorten term... luckily we have loads of cap and a very interesting UFA class these next two seasons..

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
In a nutshell... we lack talent, both offensively and defensively in a major way. Vilardi hasn’t even hit half a season of pro experience but is showing to be a game changing player. We need to be smart in UFA and likely overpay for toughness, leadership and depth.. JGP, Gudas, Haula and do on... the question is, how long do we go on these contracts, who actually fits, how much do we overpay to shorten term... luckily we have loads of cap and a very interesting UFA class these next two seasons..

Yeah, we probably need a Handzus/Preissing/Nagy/Calder style offseason to fill immediate holes.

Going to be another year or two of total suck before we start to see any turnaround. The most important thing Lombardi did was change the culture of the franchise, from the AHL all the way up to the front office.

My biggest worry with Blake and Luc has always been creating some kind of good ol' boys club poisoned by complacency. I'm not saying that's actively happening, but it does worry me.

Blake has a long, long way to go with this team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad