GDT: 2019-20 GM#5 LA Kings vs Vegas Golden Knights @7:00pm 10/13/19

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
Okay fellow Kings fans please put your sharp utencils, your ropes, your dangerous self inflicting objects down this is what we all expected this year it'll get better it can't get any worst then this. Take a deep breath. We won 2 games. It'll be alright. :sarcasm:

Jun 30, 2006
I love Quick, but the difference in this game is one team had a goalie making big saves.
Obviously he’s not the same goalie from 5-7 years ago. He’s been through too many injuries and he’s not as athletic as he once was. He lets too many rebounds float around.

That being said...the D and system the Kings have is garbage in front of him. What’s Terry Murray doing these days?

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I love Quick, but the difference in this game is one team had a goalie making big saves.

One team was also literally perfect on special teams.

Really agreed though, simply goaltending and PP/PK. Rest of the game was fine, good effort.

Carter is cursed, Kempe is just the fast reckless kid on Mighty Ducks 2, every else had their moments. Doughty/Hutton were the tire fire tonight, I liked all our other dmen. Roy was very physical with the stepups, Walker ruled at carrying the puck, Ryan quietly looked incredibly poised.

Amadio is just getting better every game.

Reactions: crassbonanza

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
Okay fellow Kings fans please put your sharp utencils, your ropes, your dangerous self inflicting objects down this is what we all expected this year it'll get better it can't get any worst then this. Take a deep breath. We won 2 games. It'll be alright. :sarcasm:
i think i'm just a little hurt by the fact that i'm now being slapped in the face by the piss poor performances of the veterans on this team

now that there's actually some talented depth their inability to play at an NHL level is really apparent

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
I think Quick should only get starts if it's against bottom 15 teams or the 2nd game of back-to-backs. Time for Campbell to be the #1 goalie. I would have even started Campbell tonight.

bland

Jul 1, 2004
Kopitar, Carter, Brown, Kovalchuk and Amadio all should have had goals, could have been a different game. Fluery was the difference.

To elaborate...

Vegas getting the puck off the ice on their shots was the difference. Fleury just had to make the saves he was supposed to make. Quick wasn't able to make a save he shouldn't make to change the momentum Vegas owned from the start of the 2nd on to the end.

Reactions: Ollie Weeks

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
i think i'm just a little hurt by the fact that i'm now being slapped in the face by the piss poor performances of the veterans on this team

now that there's actually some talented depth their inability to play at an NHL level is really apparent

Which ones?

I think Quick should only get starts if it's against bottom 15 teams or the 2nd game of back-to-backs. Time for Campbell to be the #1 goalie. I would have even started Campbell tonight.

It was a back to back and Campbell was ass last night too.

Both goalies have sucked and have split time nearly perfectly sucking. It's just an odd number of games so it's 3-2 instead of 2.5-2.5 or something. Come on.

Moses Doughty

Aug 19, 2008
Kopitar, Carter, Brown, Kovalchuk and Amadio all should have had goals, could have been a different game. Fluery was the difference.

If those guys had better finishes, heck even mediocre shots they all would have scored. Leaving it on the ice or two inches up is gonna be a save almost every time on a goalie with just ok movement

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007

Carter, Quick, Martinez, and Kempe(the young one) have been brutal. Carters penalty when it was 2-1 was......no words.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I also find it a little hard to pick on Martinez given he's basically our #2 right now. He's miscast, like Derek Armstrong, and being asked to mentor younger guys while often being put in positions over his head at this point in his career.

This team needs a PK d-man badly, it's getting rocked when Doughty and Martinez are the only guys with a clue there. Walker and Roy should not be on an NHL PK.

Reactions: Kingspiracy

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
One team was also literally perfect on special teams.

Really agreed though, simply goaltending and PP/PK. Rest of the game was fine, good effort.

Carter is cursed, Kempe is just the fast reckless kid on Mighty Ducks 2, every else had their moments. Doughty/Hutton were the tire fire tonight, I liked all our other dmen. Roy was very physical with the stepups, Walker ruled at carrying the puck, Ryan quietly looked incredibly poised.

Amadio is just getting better every game.
Carter is not cursed. He's just done! The injuries have taken toll on him and he's just a shell of his former self.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I laughed hard at Fleury clearing Iafallo

Then I cried realizing this was a penalty when Brown did it to Miller in the playoffs, not October.

Reactions: tny760

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
Carter, Quick, Martinez, and Kempe(the young one) have been brutal. Carters penalty when it was 2-1 was......no words.
carter, toffoli, martinez, kempe are my current shitlist for the most part

these guys are basically part-time players while being fed big minutes.. they absolutely vanish for stretches of the game and carter/martinez' mistakes are akin to kovy's where it just sucks the life out of the game

i can excuse the top line sometimes because you're getting all the tough matchups and you just lose those sometimes, but that has to be picked up by the middle 6 and outside of a few players we're not getting that. 4th line has been great in stretches but their role is diminished when the middle 6 kill momentum

Reactions: ru4reals

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I mean, that’s 3/5 of what makes a hockey team successful...

Obviously you can't outright ignore special teams but it's much more important to be a good 5v5 team given some games you won't even see special teams time.

At 5v5 that was a very even game, slightly favoring our play.

As a whole, this team at 5v5 is a top-echelon team, getting totally sabotaged by whatever portion you attribute to defense/goaltending and special teams. No small feat given the teams they have played.

I'm glad they've mostly figured out the big part, now to the details...

Reactions: Bandit

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Campbell wouldn't have made any of them either.
Take your blinders off. Campbell would have stopped two or three of those. He's a much bigger goalie so he takes up more space. Even when he's in the butterfly, he still can take away the high shots. Also as fast as the Knights are, you need a goalie who's good at playing the puck. Campbell plays the puck very well. The numbers don't lie, Campbell 2-0 and Quick 0-3.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad