GDT: 2019-20 GM#5 LA Kings vs Vegas Golden Knights @7:00pm 10/13/19

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
I know im beating a dead horse but losing Erik Cernak's size,physicality and toughness really hurt our defense.. Quick needs the help of a big Dman that can clear the crease to afford him greater visibilty, and allow him to set himself up instead of scrambling like he is currently and the same goes for Soupy..
We need a Hamonic/Broadie, hell i'd take Bogosian at a sub $3mil rate.. I know people are liking Hutton but if we're smart he's a goner for assets.. We have Bjornfot and Anderson who both seem like they'll be battling for permanent spots next seasons as LHD. Do we really want another sason of Walker and/or Roy ? both sub 6ft, both 190lbs soaking wet... I get Walker is scoring and can be paired with For bort whom I think we resign but Roy needs to be replaced with size...
Also, I know you didm't single me out but I made that comment as a general reference to the mentality this team still has when Quickie is in net.. Quick needs help, as will Soupy or CAmpbell in the near future..

I think you make a good point about getting a player with size back there, but Roy is 6-1, 200, not sub 6ft. About the same as Martinez and Doughty. Bjornfot is 6-0 200. Walker is undersized but a great skater. Hutton is 6-2. It would be nice to get someone that is 6-3 220. Cough Derek Forbort cough. Not the most physical player, but at 6-4 220 he was a big help on the PK and the team misses him back there. Most likely scenario if Martinez can right the ship (he's been atrocious so far this season defensively) is he'll go on the block in February (most value of the vets with another year on his deal) and maybe you can get a 2nd and a median prospect. If the Kings like Hutton, I think they will try and sign him to an extension since he is 26.

Ollie Weeks

the sea does not dream of you
Feb 28, 2008
I think Hutton could have a future here. I guess it will depend on the offers for him.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
I think you make a good point about getting a player with size back there, but Roy is 6-1, 200, not sub 6ft. About the same as Martinez and Doughty. Bjornfot is 6-0 200. Walker is undersized but a great skater. Hutton is 6-2. It would be nice to get someone that is 6-3 220. Cough Derek Forbort cough. Not the most physical player, but at 6-4 220 he was a big help on the PK and the team misses him back there. Most likely scenario if Martinez can right the ship (he's been atrocious so far this season defensively) is he'll go on the block in February (most value of the vets with another year on his deal) and maybe you can get a 2nd and a median prospect. If the Kings like Hutton, I think they will try and sign him to an extension since he is 26.

I'd rather get nice value for Hutton, resign Forbort and go after a RHD with physicality.
We have way too many LHD and I rather give playing time to Bjornfot and Anderson, either of whom could be paired with Doughty and be dynamic..
I'm starting to come around to the idea of Keeping Toby between the big club and Onatrio where we can keep an eye on him and better manage his development. Mikey looks really damn good and his offense is really taking off, I expect him to finish the season on the Kings and return to Onatrio for the playoffs..
I think with Mikey and Toby in Ontario along with the other kids they can build a winning culture and form a special bond similar to what the Dodgers have done with their prospects..

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Why would anybody in their right mind on a re-building team want to re-sign Derek Forbort?

Reach, experience, good defensive d-man.

No matter how miscast he is next to Doughty, keep in mind this is a league where Kevin Gravel has a role—Forbort is an NHLer plain and simple. This team is missing his ‘role’ right now, if not specifically him. But he’s a fun scapegoat so people won’t admit he’s a decent player.

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006

No matter how miscast he is next to Doughty, keep in mind this is a league where Kevin Gravel has a role—Forbort is an NHLer plain and simple. This team is missing his ‘role’ right now, if not specifically him. But he’s a fun scapegoat so people won’t admit he’s a decent player.

Come on Derek, I know you've probably got plenty of spare time now that you're rehabbing, but its not healthy.

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005

Forbort re-signing will also depend on what the plan is for the Seattle draft. We protected him last time over McNabb but Doughty Walker and Clague will need protection this time. Unless Clague is moved or busts out, there's only 3 protection spots for the D. Roy, Strand, Brickley and any UFA we re-sign on D will be exposed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->