2019-20 General Lightning Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

berlin

04, 20, 21, CHAMPS
Jul 14, 2012
Kokomo
Looking at the schedule we have 4 back to back’s in March. That stinks, I hate those, in fact I’d be in favor of a 72 game season to eliminate them. Teams seem to nearly always go 1-1 in them.

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
That's why. Stephens was chosen for the same reason as Cirelli -200 foot all-around forwards. If they didn't score a lot in the NHL it was not the end of the world. We knew what we were getting. The difference is Cirelli surprised us with A LOT more offense. Katchouk has been a jack of all trades his whole career even down to killing penalties in juniors and being really good at it. But the idea was maybe he could do that at the NHL level like Killorn. But he's not even close. Raddysh (who has the higher offensive ceiling between hin and Stephens) is struggling too much and we were hoping for a top 6 winger out of him. Volkov (the preseason warrior) looks lost every time he hits the ice. Stephens does a little bit of everything well and that's why he made it. I can't say I'm surprised nor that he deserved it. It's just that the big problem here is that the scorers got jumped by a well rounded player in an organization that is already filled to the brim with well rounded players. That doesn't look good for them in my opinion.

We both agree on Foote though. He is better served in Syracuse unless he's good NHL minutes. But I don't know what is gonna happen yet. Cooper in these last few years is finally starting to ease up on his approach to rookies. If Cooper (if he is even still here next year) believes Foote is responsible enough defensively I don't think it's insane to see him get a look in the top 6 with a guy like Point. But that's next year.

The elusive Brandon Bochenski trophy

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
I am hoping to get a power forward say kreider but one guy i think we could do a deal for is very interesting even though is tiny 5'9 think he would fit right in to top line and move stamkos out....

jean gabriel pageau..... he would be worth us picking up super high skill set 3.1 milly right now.....

would have to get him a raise if wanted to keep which id think we would honestly.... most people think he gets around 5 but with us would be more cause would be over a ppg guy a lot over imho be a short time at deadline but we have extra pick etc.. it might be the right move

so

point kucherov pageau
stamkos palat johnson
cirelli killorn gourde
maroon paquette stephens

ya i like it brisebois make it happen he would be the right fit imho move the vancouver or our 2021 pick and whatever else needed ... guy has killers numbers on worst team in hockey thats SICK imho..... he has mad skills just my take....

will probably have to move paquette next year for nolan foote if kept everyone but that is a fair move imho

p.s. having a PLUS minus of 13 on ottawa might deserve a trophy lol

Ottawa Senators 2019-20 roster and scoring statistics at hockeydb.com look at that mess :)

Zwui21

Aug 31, 2019
I am hoping to get a power forward say kreider but one guy i think we could do a deal for is very interesting even though is tiny 5'9 think he would fit right in to top line and move stamkos out....

jean gabriel pageau..... he would be worth us picking up super high skill set 3.1 milly right now.....

would have to get him a raise if wanted to keep which id think we would honestly.... most people think he gets around 5 but with us would be more cause would be over a ppg guy a lot over imho be a short time at deadline but we have extra pick etc.. it might be the right move

so

point kucherov pageau
stamkos palat johnson
cirelli killorn gourde
maroon paquette stephens

ya i like it brisebois make it happen he would be the right fit imho move the vancouver or our 2021 pick and whatever else needed ... guy has killers numbers on worst team in hockey thats SICK imho..... he has mad skills just my take....

will probably have to move paquette next year for nolan foote if kept everyone but that is a fair move imho

Ottawa Senators 2019-20 roster and scoring statistics at hockeydb.com look at that mess :)
We'd have to overpay to get Pageau, so no thanks.

In my opinion JBB will end up making a minor trade to get a 3rd line winger and I'll be okay with that.

No need to get Kreider/Pageau/Toffoli just to overpay and then see them do jack shit during the playoffs

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
What if we end up getting someone like ol' Jumbo? Does he have a place? Is the locker room big enough for his beard?

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
We'd have to overpay to get Pageau, so no thanks.

In my opinion JBB will end up making a minor trade to get a 3rd line winger and I'll be okay with that.

No need to get Kreider/Pageau/Toffoli just to overpay and then see them do jack **** during the playoffs

I don’t think Brisebois will make any trades because all he can add is rentals and the lightning organization does not trade for rentals

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl

so

point kucherov pageau
stamkos palat johnson
cirelli killorn gourde
maroon paquette stephens

id be for it I’d offer a 2nd rounder and if we make it to the ECF it becomes a 1st rounder! But I don’t know if Brisebois does it our organization loves to hord draft picks and prospects

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
id be for it I’d offer a 2nd rounder and if we make it to the ECF it becomes a 1st rounder! But I don’t know if Brisebois does it our organization loves to hord draft picks and prospects

i know it i dont like to give up often myself but just like the kid id rather get a chippy vet but not seeing much yet need more rumors....

imho pageau is flat out going somewhere for us to offer a conditional first in 2021? im for it....
i also know has been a LONG time since a guy has came into a team at trade deadline and done anything productive....

this kid has game though and that plus minus is amazing to say the least..... being from an ottawa team that everyone is minus 3 or worse lol being 15 times better then anyone on team scoring wise is a kucherov type of thing lol

i do think joseph will come back get things together and really think nolan foote has an excellent chance of making the team next year so you have to weigh other things i feel stephens is legit and should stay up unless we added for playoff run more then one person etc...

Zwui21

Aug 31, 2019
I don’t think Brisebois will make any trades because all he can add is rentals and the lightning organization does not trade for rentals
That's exactly why I think there will be a minor trade.
Minor trade = minor cost, which he could be willing to pay for a rental only.

Zwui21

Aug 31, 2019
On this matter, I really hope we don't trade away any of our 1st rounder.
Our prospect pool is deep, but lacks top talent (which is quite obvious given we've been very competitive for most of the last 5 years).

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
So how is Joseph doing in Syracuse?

He's doing fine. The problem is where does he play if he comes back up? When Maroon is healthy I would think Volkov goes back unless he gets hot the next few games. So I don't see us bringing him back up because he won't play every game. It makes no sense to scratch Joseph, Volkov, Stephens or Verheaghe. Right now Stephens and Verheaghe seem to be the two who have done the most so far to stay up. With Verheaghe needing waivers no chance he goes down, with Stephens playing center think he sticks. So maybe Joseph and Volkov do a bit of swapping the rest of the year to give each some NHL games to see if one takes the job.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
i know it i dont like to give up often myself but just like the kid id rather get a chippy vet but not seeing much yet need more rumors....

imho pageau is flat out going somewhere for us to offer a conditional first in 2021? im for it....
i also know has been a LONG time since a guy has came into a team at trade deadline and done anything productive....

this kid has game though and that plus minus is amazing to say the least..... being from an ottawa team that everyone is minus 3 or worse lol being 15 times better then anyone on team scoring wise is a kucherov type of thing lol

i do think joseph will come back get things together and really think nolan foote has an excellent chance of making the team next year so you have to weigh other things i feel stephens is legit and should stay up unless we added for playoff run more then one person etc...

One thing about him is he had 8 goals in 19 playoff games when Ottawa went on that run in the 2017 playoffs and lost to the penguins in the ECF

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
So how is Joseph doing in Syracuse?

3 goals 8 points in 9 games so he didnt go down and pout that is for sure....

as far as trading for a rental i dislike the ideal cause we got 3 first in next 2 years or i thought we did so can do some maneuvering honesstly.... a guy we could look at todd brought up wayne simmonds which is interesting but with cooper you know he would stick him with power play first unit lol and mess with it when it is fine and shouldnt be messed with and instead of putting him with maroon would probably absolutely have him with stamkos smdh....

i wish he had played less offensive zone starts not sure what he has left etc...

i dont think we have to give up a joseph to get a simmonds or pageau or pretty much anyone that is going be available this year just my opinion but thinking is gonna be less big names out there this year so can get better value on the guys available cause most are not exactly blowing up the nhl lol

i would think done right you can do a pick conditional and a sort of no name guy if needed over moving anyone right not with legit nhl pedigree.....

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
3 goals 8 points in 9 games so he didnt go down and pout that is for sure....

as far as trading for a rental i dislike the ideal cause we got 3 first in next 2 years or i thought we did so can do some maneuvering honesstly.... a guy we could look at todd brought up wayne simmonds which is interesting but with cooper you know he would stick him with power play first unit lol and mess with it when it is fine and shouldnt be messed with and instead of putting him with maroon would probably absolutely have him with stamkos smdh....

i wish he had played less offensive zone starts not sure what he has left etc...

i dont think we have to give up a joseph to get a simmonds or pageau or pretty much anyone that is going be available this year just my opinion but thinking is gonna be less big names out there this year so can get better value on the guys available cause most are not exactly blowing up the nhl lol

i would think done right you can do a pick conditional and a sort of no name guy if needed over moving anyone right not with legit nhl pedigree.....
Probably a 2nd for Simmonds we could get him for that

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Why would anyone want Simmons on this team he is a 4th liner. I would prefer Maroon on the 4th than Simmons. He was horrible in Nashville for the run last year. He has dropped off a cliff he has 5 goals this year of which 3 were on the PP. His faceoff% has dropped from the 50% mark to 25%. He no longer plays on the PK. His last 3 years he has been -16,-16,-16. No thanks

Reactions: Zwui21
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->