2019-20 General Lightning Discussion - Part 2: Charted Territory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Disappointing game vs Boston tonight. I think the line combos could be part of the problem here.

One of our best lines during both of our streaks was

Johnson Cirelli Palat

Just saying
agreed we need johnson and palat on same line only time they do anything

id be ok anyone on top line from stephens to coleman to gourde or killer but that second line is key it has to put tyjo with drej

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
While the 2nd line did not score, they also held their own against “the line of perfection”, not allowing them much 5v5. That’s the value of Cirelli and Coleman together.

The question is can the Bolts score enough without Stammer if the 2nd becomes a defensive matchup line? Need more from that 3rd line. As others have said, find a place for TJ to produce. He has it in him. Put him on the first line or drop Palat to line 3 with TJ to get more production. Guorde could run with Point and Kuch if needed.

Reactions: Whoshattenkirkshoes

Maelmoor

Apr 20, 2004
Stockholm, Sweden
A big risk is the Corona situation, what if playoffs/rest of the season is cancelled or played before closed doors? Could well be the case, surely that would affect the cap ? :(

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
While the 2nd line did not score, they also held their own against “the line of perfection”, not allowing them much 5v5. That’s the value of Cirelli and Coleman together.

The question is can the Bolts score enough without Stammer if the 2nd becomes a defensive matchup line? Need more from that 3rd line. As others have said, find a place for TJ to produce. He has it in him. Put him on the first line or drop Palat to line 3 with TJ to get more production. Guorde could run with Point and Kuch if needed.

really the question is can we fix the power play and get kucherov shooting the puck

if that happens we handle the stamkos dilemma imho easily if we dont fix/ blah

as far as cap at 88 million lmfao AHHHH NO not happening i agree 84 would be nice and expected lol

we are a lot better off then expected number wise cirelli didnt go off serge has not kept climbing hasnt hurt self imho but hes not improving as much as was.... cirelli aint blowing up the scoresheet and cernak played badly for a bit... these should all help us in negotiations sadly as is the fact we should also say bon voyage to at least two guys is what it is....

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
A big risk is the Corona situation, what if playoffs/rest of the season is cancelled or played before closed doors? Could well be the case, surely that would affect the cap ? :(

till we have carts moving down the streets sayng bring out your dead which aint happening this is not the black plague lmfao your scenario is funny honestly lol

Reactions: hi and Master P

Boltswin

Apr 29, 2011
Tampa
till we have carts moving down the streets sayng bring out your dead which aint happening this is not the black plague lmfao your scenario is funny honestly lol
You’re not a doctor, are you (that’s not sarcasm, it’s a question)? Why act like it’s not a big deal? It spreads like crazy. It doesn’t have to be the plague. Sporting events around the world have been shutting down, has that changed (haven’t checked in a few days)?

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
You’re not a doctor, are you (that’s not sarcasm, it’s a question)? Why act like it’s not a big deal? It spreads like crazy. It doesn’t have to be the plague. Sporting events around the world have been shutting down, has that changed (haven’t checked in a few days)?

NO not a dr but i can read and research and do not buy all BS that is put out there plain and simple truth?? flu cost 28k lives last year and this virus is doing what?

its not a big deal wash your hands etc.... it moves but if you look at us cases on wiki by the way you will see most if not all were close physical contact with a carrier or coming from the china region on vacation etc..... do i think if you clean a cart at store you should be ok yes... me on other hand maybe not soo much again i get stuff odd stuff all the time im always fighting some odd bug unfortunately so will i be shopping a lot etc.. or going to game not likely :) not for now but got two kids here they brought me the lovely hand foot and mouth virus that was fun especially the nails falling off my body 2 months later etc...

so concern sure but it just to me is another flu is a ton of them out there different strains and for 99% of humans? not an issue... for that 1% and im unfortunately that 1 % it sucks but dont fear it ... feel will take a lot more then a bug to kill me or finish me off :)

now china shut down their economy europe has shut down some stuff is some schools shut down and a couple concerts one in miami just got canceled..... i get EVERYTHING just so you know for whatever reason everything unimaginable that is possible to get ??? I GET IT lol seriously IT SUCKS but am i scared of this hell no....

soo if someone gets it will pray for them etc.. but im not that worried everytime i go to store i come back with something almost :( just another bug ive had fevers two times last year over 105 so ya no fun.... but again no bug is gonna get me :) just my stance or belief been through too much

Reactions: hi

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
The corona virus is over-hyped by the media beyond belief. Do people not wash their hands regularly? People are stocking up on hand sanitize like it is water before a hurricane. I thought it was normal for people to wash their hands...

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
The corona virus is over-hyped by the media beyond belief. Do people not wash their hands regularly? People are stocking up on hand sanitize like it is water before a hurricane. I thought it was normal for people to wash their hands...

I saw something that said the flu has killed thousands and Corona has killed just around a dozen more or less. I think people are afraid of what they dont know. Media runs with it.

Reactions: hi

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I saw something that said the flu has killed thousands and Corona has killed just around a dozen more or less. I think people are afraid of what they dont know. Media runs with it.
You have to take into consideration the amount of people who have gotten the flu vs those with the corona. Coronavirus' death rate is higher.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
You have to take into consideration the amount of people who have gotten the flu vs those with the corona. Coronavirus' death rate is higher.
Corona Virus death rate is roughly 2%. The common flu has a similar to higher death rate.
Also the death rate will rise in the States, because the American Healthcare system is absolutely a joke. Not enough test kits, $1400 a pop if you don't have some form of insurance, and a president and vice president who think you can still pray the gay away leading their charge against an actual infectious disease.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Corona Virus death rate is roughly 2%. The common flu has a similar to higher death rate.
I checked a few different sources and didn't find one that would suggest the common flu's death rate to be that high, but rather along the lines of 0.1-0.3%.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
I checked a few different sources and didn't find one that would suggest the common flu's death rate to be that high, but rather along the lines of 0.1-0.3%.
Are you comparing common flu rates now or rates at an earlier date? Fair comparison between the dates isn't looking at the common flu after decades of research and vaccines.

Reactions: JoVel

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
well obviously on our minds and the league

tampa canceled all meet and greets after games rest of year because of corona virus....

went shopping today and people just grab cards dont use sanitizer etc... so people still are not paying much attn imo me i do the right things but as said ill probably get sick with one form or another :) is just way its been for me now never got bird flu and corona i guess has some of the traits or whatever... but as above said people need to wash hands especially kids or parents of kids etc.. most of stuff ive gotten this last year is cause of 1 year old and 5 year old and constant sickness in their schools etc... :(

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Amazing how well they played during those 10 game winning streaks and then take a step or two back when Stamkos gets injured. I know they had some games where they probably should have played better during those streaks but for the most part were looking really good in all facets except for the power play. We played well without Stamkos in some of those games he was out of before his surgery. Not sure what the difference is. Possibly the line juggling with the new guys has made some chemistry a little harder to come by? What do you guys think..

Boltswin

Apr 29, 2011
Tampa
No, as far as I can tell, it’s not normal at all. Have you never watched people not wash their hands after taking a shit/ piss in a public restroom?

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Amazing how well they played during those 10 game winning streaks and then take a step or two back when Stamkos gets injured. I know they had some games where they probably should have played better during those streaks but for the most part were looking really good in all facets except for the power play. We played well without Stamkos in some of those games he was out of before his surgery. Not sure what the difference is. Possibly the line juggling with the new guys has made some chemistry a little harder to come by? What do you guys think..

at end of that we were gassed out but playing by the emotion of the streak etc.... then we were very tired first 3 losses lots of changes etc... news of stamkos we did start to play better in the fourth game or loss..... now we cheated a bit in boston and paid for it.... last game was ok vs montreal but little things creeped up that they will work on etc... so have new guys not comfortable as will be in say 2 weeks..... along with mcd getting his game legs back etc...

i think we are fine is NOT a lot of games that stand out as impact games after saturdays till end of year for me at least..... wish had tougher finish but is what it is hopefully allows us to work on health system playing correctly etc... fixing the few kinks we are having especially on pk and pp :) i think we are fine

craziest thing about this year??? all we been thru hedman and vasy should be top 2 in each for their trophies probably vasy vs benington st louis and hedman vs wash carlson crazy at how year started how tough of year its been for vasy that he can win goalie of year again and has to be equal or the favorite to win that lol hedman been stud all year think carlson gets him though even though heddys plus minus is better carlsons is decent and is a bit ahead of heddy in other categories

panarim plus minus 35 should win the best defensive forward thing but point plus minus 29 and kuch 27 should be in argument..... probably go to bergeron though whose in 20s and is number one face off man in nhl i believe

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
at end of that we were gassed out but playing by the emotion of the streak etc.... then we were very tired first 3 losses lots of changes etc... news of stamkos we did start to play better in the fourth game or loss..... now we cheated a bit in boston and paid for it.... last game was ok vs montreal but little things creeped up that they will work on etc... so have new guys not comfortable as will be in say 2 weeks..... along with mcd getting his game legs back etc...

i think we are fine is NOT a lot of games that stand out as impact games after saturdays till end of year for me at least..... wish had tougher finish but is what it is hopefully allows us to work on health system playing correctly etc... fixing the few kinks we are having especially on pk and pp :) i think we are fine

craziest thing about this year??? all we been thru hedman and vasy should be top 2 in each for their trophies probably vasy vs benington st louis and hedman vs wash carlson crazy at how year started how tough of year its been for vasy that he can win goalie of year again and has to be equal or the favorite to win that lol hedman been stud all year think carlson gets him though even though heddys plus minus is better carlsons is decent and is a bit ahead of heddy in other categories

panarim plus minus 35 should win the best defensive forward thing but point plus minus 29 and kuch 27 should be in argument..... probably go to bergeron though whose in 20s and is number one face off man in nhl i believe

Yea it would have been much worse if we got this news a week before the playoffs. Actually think its not the worse thing about Stammers injury even though would obviously prefer he still be here and helping out. I think it just makes us more defensive minded and I think the PP could really benefit as well. The worst thing about the injury that perhaps worries me is how Stamkos will be when he gets back. If hes coming back vs Boston I worry about him being a bit of a liability on the ice. Stamkos is a hard worker but it still is hard to get into game shape. Not even mentioning the second round of the playoffs against Boston. They really need to almost act like he isnt a part of the team right now and then just ease him back when hes ready. Right now just focus on getting playoff ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad