Status
Not open for further replies.

echlfreak

Aug 1, 2003
Keith-Joki
Jake Gardiner-Murphy
Gustafsson-Seabrook
Koekkoek-Dahlstrom

I wouldn't be against using Gustafsson to try and trade Seabrook as well, then make a run at another top notch UFA. Jordie Benn could be a cheap option if a guy like Gardiner is out of reach.

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
Brent Seabrook Contract Buyout Details - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

my guess is if we do not find a way to move him and he will not waive for the EXP draft and or trade we buy him out next year. No way we can waste a protection on him. if he does agree to waive. I would think he would waive because if we buy him out because of the $20,500.00 owed he would only get 2/3 of it so or roughly lose $7Mil on the deal. then pray for a compliance buyout the next year.

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
bucci and now barstool cheif talking about the possibility of hayes signing in chicago...

Caggs-Toews-Kane
Debrincat-Strome-Kahun
Saad-Hayes-Sikura
Perlini-Kampf-Kubalik
Hayden

Thats a hell of a forward group....would need to find a top 4 quality d man.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
bucci and now barstool cheif talking about the possibility of hayes signing in chicago...

Caggs-Toews-Kane
Debrincat-Strome-Kahun
Saad-Hayes-Sikura
Perlini-Kampf-Kubalik
Hayden

Thats a hell of a forward group....would need to find a top 4 quality d man.
would be odd as hell for him to sign here when he had a roster spot pretty much ready for him out of college, just had to show up and earn it. I would welcome him back, I am sure some think otherwise. he is a versatile player that can play wing/center, he can bring his new buddy Tanev with him.

ChicagoHockeyFan

Mar 3, 2019
It would be awesome to see a guy like Pavelski sign a 2 year deal here for like 7-8 mil. He’s old but he can be a solid PP contributor and can compliment skill guys pretty well.
Hawks have also been linked to Skinner in the past so I bet they reach out to him in FA. However he has never played in a playoff game so he might want to go to a contender

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
would be odd as hell for him to sign here when he had a roster spot pretty much ready for him out of college, just had to show up and earn it. I would welcome him back, I am sure some think otherwise. he is a versatile player that can play wing/center, he can bring his new buddy Tanev with him.
who knows could be a lot of reasons. likes big cities, original 6,Q gone now, good players to play with. He would look good on kane and toews left wing.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
It would be awesome to see a guy like Pavelski sign a 2 year deal here for like 7-8 mil. He’s old but he can be a solid PP contributor and can compliment skill guys pretty well.
Hawks have also been linked to Skinner in the past so I bet they reach out to him in FA. However he has never played in a playoff game so he might want to go to a contender

Tell Pavelski he can play with Kane and he may do it, assuming the Sharks let him walk.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
I'm not sure he would be worth what he is going to cost. I mean, he is getting 3rd/4th line minutes in Winnipeg, right now. (played like 11mins last night)

I would welcome him here, just don't think he is worth the price tag he will get. I see him going to Boston.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
As annoying as tha Hayes situation was if he wants to come back then I say do it. He’s the perfect center for Kane imo.

Saad-Toews-Sikura
xxx-Hayes-Kane
DeBrincat-Strome-Perlini
Kublik-Kampf-Kahun

Section88

Kaner? I hardly know her
Jul 11, 2017
As annoying as tha Hayes situation was if he wants to come back then I say do it. He’s the perfect center for Kane imo.

Saad-Toews-Sikura
xxx-Hayes-Kane
DeBrincat-Strome-Perlini
Kublik-Kampf-Kahun
I would love Hayes centering Kane. I think Kubalik would look great on that line also. With his shot and speed he could be the perfect complimentary player there.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I'm not sure he would be worth what he is going to cost. I mean, he is getting 3rd/4th line minutes in Winnipeg, right now. (played like 11mins last night)

I would welcome him here, just don't think he is worth the price tag he will get. I see him going to Boston.
I wouldn't put a ton into that, since he was traded to the Jets he was playing 2nd line with #2 pp - his linemates have been Connor and Ehlers..that line clicked for a while, now seems to be mixing things around. I agree I don't think he is a top line player and likely will get over paid, but he definitely is a 2nd line/elite 3rd line player which you can never have enough of those guys if you can afford them.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Hayes has been mentioned as possibly coming here prior to the deadline. Bucci obviously having fun, but there is a reason why he said Blackhawks in the first place as talk of Hayes has been going on for a while now.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
we have prior talk in other threads about Hayes potentially coming here/rumors on it...I have been one that has said not sure Bowman would do it as he might still be pissed, but I do remember discussions on this prior to the deadline, etc..

Interesting. I like Hayes and a line of Shad-Hayes-Perlini could be fun.

Reactions: AmericanDream

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
4/1/19 aside, logically it makes sense if they can get him for a few mil more than Anisimov. Think 6x6 or something. Maybe he’s a 7.5m for 7 on open market and they rightfully bow out but he could be a good fit for 88. Then you have 4 combos to build a lineup around.

Toews/Saad, Hayes/Kane, Strome/Cat, Kampf/Kahun. Fill in around them.

Last edited:

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
I think most certainly one team would - Seattle. for them to turn down a talent like Gus for them to bury a salary in Seabs that they will likely need would be terrible management for them IMO.
Depends what else is available. And it's possible they could get Gus or Murphy for free in expansion draft, so not sure why they would take Seabs along with unless the Hawks are ponying up high picks/prospects along with Gus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad