Status
Not open for further replies.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Kane (44/66/110) ~ Marchand (36/64/100)
Toews (35/46/81) ~ Bergeron (32/47/79)
Debrincat (41/35/76) ~ Pastrnak (38/43/81)
Saad (23/24/47) ~ Debrusk (27/15/42)
Strome (17/34/51) ~ Krejci (20/53/73)
Gustafsson (17/43/60) ~ Krug (6/47/53)

Keith ~ Chara
Murphy ~ Carlo
Kampf ~ Kuraly
Kahun ~ Heinen

Crawford? ~ Rask

Johansson/Coyle were deadline pickups, but they did not have them for a majority of the year.

We need someone to emerge as our Charlie McAvoy, and our depth defenders to play like solid #5s (Forsling, Koekkoek, Dahlstrom) as Boston has the underrated Matt Gryzelcyk on their bottom pair.

They are some similarities with this team and the Bruins. Their offense is better by a bit, they have a much better defensive system and have Charlie McAvoy who is a legit #2 already. Rask/Halak are great goaltenders, but Crawford if healthy is as good, if not better.

So what you're saying is we need to start rolling DeBrincat-Toews-Kane on a line and watch them dominate offensively, then put Saad with Strome so he can cover for him defensively, and let Kahun carry the third line? :)

I don't hate your statement that I misinterpreted haha.

Can Toews singlehandedly cover for DeBrincat and Kane defensively? If so, it might not be that crazy of an idea to put that line together, and put Saad with Strome.

You don't want to see the defensive issues from DeBrincat-Strome that you had this year, and this is potentially one one of solving them.

Last edited:

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
So what you're saying is we need to start rolling DeBrincat-Toews-Kane on a line and watch them dominate offensively, then put Saad with Strome so he can cover for him defensively, and let Kahun carry the third line? :)

I am sure we will get to see Kane and Cat once again on a line for the World Championships..

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I like my new defensive coverage argument for my DeBrincat-Toews-Kane bias.

Also for my Saad-Strome argument.

I think I'm going to stick with this one until I'm proven wrong haha.
the really interesting player is Kubalik. I have been watching more and more of him..he is pretty solid in his own end, but he can really play physical/down low as well...I like his speed and his shot/release is pretty darn good as well. He might be the missing piece we needed to jump in and play with Cat and Strome and balance them out. Playing him with Kampf and Kahun makes sense, but I think he can be even more than that as well.

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011

Can Toews singlehandedly cover for DeBrincat and Kane defensively? If so, it might not be that crazy of an idea to put that line together, and put Saad with Strome.

You don't want to see the defensive issues from DeBrincat-Strome that you had this year, and this is potentially one one of solving them.

Unfortunately Marchand is an amazing defensive winger, and Kane is not, so I don't think that line would be as dominant.. But my main point is that we have a lot of similar pieces, just missing:

Healthy solid goaltending
A defensively reliable bottom 6 (Boston's didn't score much, but were reliable defensively)
A legit young top 4 Dman

Right now, Pastrnak has been put on Krejci's line and they running:

Marchand-Bergy-Heinen
DeBrusk-Krejci-Pastrnak

Which is basically for us..

Kahun/Caggiula-Toews-Kane
Saad-Strome-Debrincat

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
It’s funny the conversation moved to Bostons loaded top line. They actually broke them up in the playoffs to try to spread scoring out more, and it’s honestly worked.

It’s the same reason why Kane and Toews rarely played together during the cup years. It should be more of a kamikaze situation than something you do every game.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Unfortunately Marchand is an amazing defensive winger, and Kane is not, so I don't think that line would be as dominant.. But my main point is that we have a lot of similar pieces, just missing:

Healthy solid goaltending
A defensively reliable bottom 6 (Boston's didn't score much, but were reliable defensively)
A legit young top 4 Dman

Right now, Pastrnak has been put on Krejci's line and they running:

Marchand-Bergy-Heinen
DeBrusk-Krejci-Pastrnak

Which is basically for us..

Kahun/Caggiula-Toews-Kane
Saad-Strome-Debrincat

I don’t mind Kahun-Toews-Kane
DeBrincat-Strome-Saad.

I think those are our best six forwards

Reactions: Rolo
Status