Speculation: 2019-20 Expected Blackhawks Roster Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
McClure thinks he so much smarter and funnier than he is. Not a big fan of Rose or Pulega (Sp?) either. Like Feather and Slack is funny. Fels isn't bad.

LavalPhantom

Sep 12, 2014
McClure is insufferable. Fels I can take or leave, but he's tolerable. Slack is funny. Fifth Feather is actually someone I've known since high school and he's the least abrasive of the bunch.
I agree with most of the above but these four are at least knowledgeable. But all is so doom and gloom with them. They’re so afraid to look like regular fans, being so much above all of us.
And the new guy, Pullega, is the worst.

Section88

Kaner? I hardly know her
Jul 11, 2017
Not sure what's worse, being saddled with Neveau or the clown Powers used to partner with. The beat that left for Columbus that said the OHL was a bad league. This is probably why I forgot his name, because he was that forgettable.
Brian Hedger?

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
McClure is insufferable. Fels I can take or leave, but he's tolerable. Slack is funny. Fifth Feather is actually someone I've known since high school and he's the least abrasive of the bunch.

This is 100% accurate. Fifth Feather is good and knowledgeable, Slack is the best and a good twitter follow (anyone know why he left the pod), I think Sam does a good job as the host of the show, I think Rose is pretty good but think Pulega is just meh. Overall I like the pod though and listen to it every week.

u2wojo

Dec 22, 2011
Put me in the camp of I would pass on Panarin especially if he ends up North of 10 per. Closer to 9 &/or if we can move Anisimov (which I would guess if AA is gone, Chicago is less atrractive for Panarin) without taking bad money back. If you can move Anisimov for a similarly overpaid LHD that is still useful, Panarin at 10ish per is more realistic.

We could use a right hand shot winger. Eberle, Brett Connolly, Donskoi, maybe Pavelski would all be interesting of course depending on rate and term (term especially on Pavelski who I don't see leaving San Jose). A prick..ly forward with some skill would be nice. Simmonds and Ferland are the most obvious pending UFA's...although I suspect they'll end up well overpaid and don't think I want the Hawks to be that team. For left handed wings, I'm not opposed to Dzingel (if he is willing to give a hometown discount or take a contract based on more of his norms then his career year this year...something like 3-3.5 per as opposed to the 4.5-5 he probably gets), but Andres Lee or Brock Nelson might be better options even if a little more expensive.

We really could use a LHD capable of killing penalties and playing top 4 minutes. Think Oduya in maybe a #5 where in a lineup with Gus, his ice time is situational. If we are winning, Gus plays less and the guy we sign plays a more prominent role that night. If we are chasing, Gus plays more. 2 guys I would target are Nemeth and Chiarot...both decent sized, some physicality to their game, history of Pk'ing. Good enough to help now, but hopefully not to expensive (or good enough) to block anyone if/when some of the D pipeline kids actually blossom into NHL players.

We also need a Goalie as I am not convinced Delia is the answer to any question involving Crawford with his iffy health as your number one. I would try to grab one of Lehner, Mrazek, or Nilsson.

ploppsdman

Don't stand for the Blackhawks. Stand for Kyle.
Feb 5, 2004
I am a big fan of Michael Ferland. Sign him and a good defenseman and Chicago could make the playoffs.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
Anyone remember why Chris Block hates the Hawks?

Yeah, no kidding. He's becoming an "agenda" guy, for me. We follow each other on Twitter and have had good interactions but the past year or so he's really taken on the "shit on everything" persona, it seems.

Reactions: Giovi

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Yeah, no kidding. He's becoming an "agenda" guy, for me. We follow each other on Twitter and have had good interactions but the past year or so he's really taken on the "**** on everything" persona, it seems.

It is nuts how agenda driven he is. Was he close with Dent?

TheDachKnight

Formerly known as TPOEJ6489
Aug 16, 2014
So if Kubalik makes the roster as Bowman expects, he likely plays top-9. I could see us making a trade to acquire an RFA d-man. Kahun likely doesn’t get traded as he’s part of the marketing for the Prague game. I could see Forsling, Sikura, Perlini, and possibly Koekkoek or Dahlstrom being trade chips this summer. Obviously none of them alone are worth a top-4 D but maybe a few of them and a pick and/or Beaudin could.

It’s too bad Chia got fired in Edmonton. We probably could’ve talked him into taking Seabs and giving us an asset back. I’d be interested to see what the cost for Nurse or Klefbom would be. Nurse would look really nice next to some of these smaller PMD.

Reactions: ColdSteel2

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
So if Kubalik makes the roster as Bowman expects, he likely plays top-9. I could see us making a trade to acquire an RFA d-man. Kahun likely doesn’t get traded as he’s part of the marketing for the Prague game. I could see Forsling, Sikura, Perlini, and possibly Koekkoek or Dahlstrom being trade chips this summer. Obviously none of them alone are worth a top-4 D but maybe a few of them and a pick and/or Beaudin could.

It’s too bad Chia got fired in Edmonton. We probably could’ve talked him into taking Seabs and giving us an asset back. I’d be interested to see what the cost for Nurse or Klefbom would be. Nurse would look really nice next to some of these smaller PMD.

Nurse would be great. He started to break out last year. They need a PMD, would probably ask for Gustafsson. That’d be a tough trade to make but worth considering given our needs.

Reactions: TPOEJ6489

TheDachKnight

Formerly known as TPOEJ6489
Aug 16, 2014
Nurse would be great. He started to break out last year. They need a PMD, would probably ask for Gustafsson. That’d be a tough trade to make but worth considering given our needs.

I’d consider it but not sure if I’d make that trade. Gus’ production, especially on the PP isn’t something we could easily replace. Yes, Nurse is having a breakout year, but I don’t know if I’d do that unless we somehow replaced that production on the PP. I’d see if they’d bite on Beaudin + one of the players I previously listed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad