2019-20 Dallas Stars Regular Season Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rory

Jun 14, 2017
Can Dowling be sent back down. Bring up Robertson or Kiviranta.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Moving Benn will be very difficult especially if they don't want to take back capdumps or add sweeteners. It's still 5 more years at 9.5 Million AAV after this season. I don't think his value around the league is that bad yet but the NMC makes this very difficult.

Reactions: AveryStar4Eva

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Random Fun fact for the day for those that play NHL 20 or just know what it is:

Miro Heiskanen and Cale Makar have the same overall rating in NHL 20 (80 overall, Dahlin is 82). Makar has 90 skating (92 speed) though compared to Heiskanen's 86 lol (87 speed). For reference though to how accurate their ratings are, Joe Pavelski has an 89 for skating (90 speed!). So according to EA sports, Joe Pavelski is a better and faster skater than Miro Heiskanen (86), Denis Gurianov (85), and Roope Hintz (84). Honka has an 87 for skating

Remember Michael Mersch and how awful of a skater he is? He has an 84 overall for skating...

Super random but I found this hilarious

Last edited:

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014

Miro Heiskanen and Cale Makar have the same overall rating in NHL 20 (80 overall, Dahlin is 82). Makar has 90 skating (92 speed) though compared to Heiskanen's 86 lol (87 speed). For reference though to how accurate their ratings are, Joe Pavelski has an 89 for skating (90 speed!). So according to EA sports, Joe Pavelski is a better and faster skater than Miro Heiskanen (86), Denis Gurianov (85), and Roope Hintz (84). Honka has an 87 for skating

Remember Michael Mersch and how awful of a skater he is? He has an 84 overall for skating...

You could literally spend a week fixing their player ratings. I usually only fix the glaringly obvious mistakes and just roll with it.
They've never been about realism, and the one company that kind of was(2K), was far from perfect on their ratings as well

Reactions: Kcb12345

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010

I haven’t bought one of these since 2013 but I remember spending days just fixing the sliders and saving rosters. They really need a better team for that, it’s really not a hard job.

Reactions: Kcb12345

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
I haven’t bought one of these since 2013 but I remember spending days just fixing the sliders and saving rosters. They really need a better team for that, it’s really not a hard job.
Clearly you're not involved in programming in any capacity
There's over 1000 players in the game.
and while they do (or did previously at least) consult to get the ratings in the ball-park.
It isn't one person entering them nor is it people who watch the players religiously enough to actually have the ratings 100% accurate.
Nobody on this site could rate the players in a accurate manner that wouldn't cause someone else to go "WTF?"

Hell last year, 90% of the people on this board had Honka inexplicable as the 4th best defenseman on the roster or at the very least would be by the end of last year.

EA Sports does a shit job, but the NHL team as bad as they are, doesn't have the resources of Madden or FIFA so more of their time is spent on monetization than polish.

It isn't some Excel spreadsheet to just quickly update as most people seem to think it is.
And nobody who was going to buy the game, suddenly saw Miro was Slower than Pavelski and said, "nope not going to buy it this year."

Last edited:

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Holy **** Seguin's house destroyed by that tornado

Oof I live so close to this I can't believe we didn't get hit by it. Literally hit just blocks away from me but I'm out of town right now so

For anyone curious:

Last edited:

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
He's talking about a better team when it comes to deciding what each players rating will be I believe

Yea, just this. EA is large enough to hire a small team of “scouts” and do a much better job with these. Although with fans doing them anyway, they probably don’t see the value.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Yea, just this. EA is large enough to hire a small team of “scouts” and do a much better job with these. Although with fans doing them anyway, they probably don’t see the value.
That's just it though, the NHL teams budget and size is a joke compared to say FIFA.
The NHL series isn't some cash cow for EA.
The money they do make from it are primarily from HUT Micro-transactions, and as a result spend 90% of their time on it.
2k Got out of console NHL games because the profit margins are too small, without HUT EA's NHL would have been shelved a few years ago as well.

With problems like Slow loading in the menus, Physics glitches galore, animation glitches, and same logic exploits over the past 10yrs of the game, you honestly think player ratings are even a remote priority to get near perfect?

Last edited:

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
That's just it though, the NHL teams budget and size is a joke compared to say FIFA.
The money they do make from it are primarily from HUT Micro-transactions, and as a result spend 90% of their time on it.
2k Got out of console NHL games because the profit margins are too small, without HUT EA's NHL would have been shelved a few years ago as well.

With problems like Slow loading in the menus, Physics glitches galore, animation glitches, and same logic exploits over the past 10yrs of the game, you honestly think player ratings are even a remote priority to get near perfect?

I feel like you think we're on different pages when we aren't. It's not like I care, either, considering I haven't touched one of these games in over 5 years. For a GM-only experience, which I think a good chunk of people want, EHM is far better and has a much better community that produces a bunch of great content.

ElGuapo

^Plethora of piñatas
Nov 30, 2010
Nomad

None of what you said about programming has anything to do with the player ratings being good or not. Good or bad they will be inputted regardless of how difficult the inputting it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad