2019-20 Dallas Stars Regular Season Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frozen Failure

They got business in my hockey, and I hate it.
Nov 13, 2007
DFW
I don't think Gurianov is the solution to this team's problems. I am hoping they don't try to put too much on his plate and set the bar so high he fails.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017

I'm even more confused why Caamano was sent down now. He brought good speed to the lineup as well (not Gurianov speed, but good speed and physicality to have with Cogliano on the 4th line) Maybe he will get called back up eventually

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I don't think Gurianov is the solution to this team's problems. I am hoping they don't try to put too much on his plate and set the bar so high he fails.

If we're gonna lose games anyway, we might as well give the young guys their chance.

serp

Jan 17, 2016

I'm even more confused why Caamano was sent down now. He brought good speed to the lineup as well (not Gurianov speed, but good speed and physicality to have with Cogliano on the 4th line) Maybe he will get called back up eventually

Well Perry is coming back and if Gurianov is coming back two guys had to go down. Now one can argue Dowling should go down but that is just not happening.

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg

I wouldn't burn any brain cells trying to figure out Nill logic. He's making it up as he goes along.

Sep 20, 2013
In The Crease
If Smith and Elie got claimed, Dowling for sure gets claimed, probably by New Jersey or Ottawa. Nill knows we're gonna need that depth when old men Benn, Radulov, Pavelski, Perry, Cogliano and Comeau are all injured at the same time halfway through the season. :help:

Sports2

smack my bisch up
Jul 1, 2018
If Smith and Elie got claimed, Dowling for sure gets claimed, probably by New Jersey or Ottawa. Nill knows we're gonna need that depth when old men Benn, Radulov, Pavelski, Perry, Cogliano and Comeau are all injured at the same time halfway through the season. :help:
Gemel Smith has as many goals as Benn in 4 less games. Really activates the old almonds.

Sports2

smack my bisch up
Jul 1, 2018
You know, lost in all the excitement from this season is that Martin Hanzal is on this team and making almost 5 million dollars.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Noesen also leading the AHL in goals and points.

We f***ED up BIG time, bois.

Reactions: Satan

redbeardtx

Apr 7, 2014
Dallas, TX
Nill won't send Dowling down because Dowling has to go through waivers. Even though there's pretty much zero risk of Dowling getting picked up off of waivers (not to mention no real loss if he was claimed), Nill doesn't ever expose anyone to waivers unless he wants the player gone. Nill cares more about keeping the rights to a guy like Dowling than he cares about keeping the best players on the NHL roster.
Last time that logic was used we lost superstar Remi Elie so checkmate. Gotta keep Dowling.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
I expect Nill to make a panic move soon, ala Chiarelli.
He's probably got until the end of the month to get things on the right track and the closer it gets the more likely we're to see our version of Hall or Strome trade.
Which will almost certainly have to involve Klingberg because nobody else is movable or has value

ZeHockeyFan

Apr 9, 2014
I expect Nill to make a panic move soon, ala Chiarelli.
He's probably got until the end of the month to get things on the right track and the closer it gets the more likely we're to see our version of Hall or Strome trade.
Which will almost certainly have to involve Klingberg because nobody else is movable or has value

He has very little leverage and no real tradeable assets to give away that can bring in improvements. And yes, Klingberg is the best tradeable asset and I fear this moron will sell on him low.

That said, I doubt he does something. The last time he did something early in the season to shake things up was in 2014-15 when he dealt away Gonchar (Aside Rant: What a truly shitty UFA/"negotiation rights traded-for" signing that was. The first one he ever made as the Dallas GM that should have been a warning sign from the get go of how inept Nill has been with off-season UFA acquisitions.) for Moen, which was followed by Dillon for Demers. Otherwise, the man has been obtuse about making any moves during the season.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
He has very little leverage and no real tradeable assets to give away that can bring in improvements. And yes, Klingberg is the best tradeable asset and I fear this moron will sell on him low.

That said, I doubt he does something. The last time he did something early in the season to shake things up was in 2014-15 when he dealt away Gonchar (Aside Rant: What a truly ****ty UFA/"negotiation rights traded-for" signing that was. The first one he ever made as the Dallas GM that should have been a warning sign from the get go of how inept Nill has been with off-season UFA acquisitions.) for Moen, which was followed by Dillon for Demers. Otherwise, the man has been obtuse about making any moves during the season.
No he's going to make a Chiarelli type move. Something dumb that hurts to team to try and save his job

Famous Flames

Feb 16, 2004
Dallas
No he's going to make a Chiarelli type move. Something dumb that hurts to team to try and save his job

He's probably going to try. Gaglardi needs to stop him. If this season flames out, they need to clean house and just start over. But between the big veteran contracts and the 2020 draft picks we've given away, I am not sure how you handle the 2020-21 season. Maybe just rack it up one more year (with a new GM so he can start planning the rebuild), and then trade everything you can at the trade deadline and draft and start over.

ZeHockeyFan

Apr 9, 2014
He's probably going to try. Gaglardi needs to stop him. If this season flames out, they need to clean house and just start over. But between the big veteran contracts and the 2020 draft picks we've given away, I am not sure how you handle the 2020-21 season. Maybe just rack it up one more year (with a new GM so he can start planning the rebuild), and then trade everything you can at the trade deadline and draft and start over.

If only he were in town on a consistent basis. The guy has bigger business interests elsewhere.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
A 2nd and 3rd pick is no major loss

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Going to be some awkward TV for the Winter Classic as this team is going to have an awful record heading into that game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad