2019-20 Dallas Stars Regular Season Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
One positive is we have a few UFA we can flip at the deadline for assets.

Janmark, Perry, Sekera, Khudobin, Polak..

All cheap options that should have some interest in February.

ZeHockeyFan

Apr 9, 2014
One positive is we have a few UFA we can flip at the deadline for assets.

Janmark, Perry, Sekera, Khudobin, Polak..

All cheap options that should have some interest in February.

All that should net us the next set of 1st round f***-ups if this management keeps running things.

Reactions: Elysian

Kipper 17

Aug 11, 2006
Calgary, AB
If the team is selling assets at the trade deadline I don’t think Nill is running the next draft. Whoever wanted Harley in the 1st round should now be in charge of 1st round picks. Also, if we keep up this pace, how bad can they mess up a top 3 pick?

Ghost of Kyiv

Wanted Dead and Alive
Feb 1, 2015
Schrödinger's Box
If we're in a place to flip assets at the deadline, that's not the worst thing in the world. Just don't want to be in 9th-10th place and have to worry about Nill mortgaging the future for an ill-fated attempt at a job saving playoff run.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Yeah after that long summer wait I’m now more excited about the freakin deadline and draft than season. The bandwagon search has started in October...

ZeHockeyFan

Apr 9, 2014
If the team is selling assets at the trade deadline I don’t think Nill is running the next draft. Whoever wanted Harley in the 1st round should now be in charge of 1st round picks. Also, if we keep up this pace, how bad can they mess up a top 3 pick?

What if that guy is McD? Would you still want him around?

Even a blind chicken finds a worm after a lifetime of pecking at poop. A new GM, if he ever comes in, will pick his own scouts.

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
Yeah after that long summer wait I’m now more excited about the freakin deadline and draft than season. The bandwagon search has started in October...

your not alone. I’d love a bottom 5 finish and to sell everything that we can at the deadline lol.

maybe if we get excited for losing they’ll start winning

Reactions: AveryStar4Eva

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
How has the Stars' puck movement contributed to their poor...

This is a good article from Sean. Long story short though, it confirms what our eye tests tell us about every player this season but statistically with how often the puck is dumped out, passed out, carried out, or carried in, dumped in, passed in, etc. . Also clearly shows who our best two players have been (which we already knew but still, this shows it statistically): Hintz and Heiskanen. It's really not even close too

This team is so bad because they somehow f*** everything up in the offensive zone. It's like it's in their heads that we are bad offensively and makes everyone nervous with the puck in the O zone

Also I love how our offensive strategy is just hoping the puck goes in and we get lucky bounces:laugh:

“The stats are the stats,” Stars coach Jim Montgomery said. “We’ve just got to keep putting pucks on net and keep going to those dirty areas. Hopefully, a puck will go off someone’s shoulder or knee sooner or later and people will start relaxing.”

Ghost of Kyiv

Wanted Dead and Alive
Feb 1, 2015
Schrödinger's Box
"Esa Lindell tends to dump the puck out more than any other defender, which is a reflection of past trends. He led the NHL in individual icings during the 2018-19 season." Oh nelly, that's not what you like to see.

***I really wish Shapiro would have divided out PK from even strength, would have made the whole exercise so much better. Appreciate his work all the same.

Reactions: Kcb12345

Blindsummit

Jun 3, 2017
Alberta
How has the Stars' puck movement contributed to their poor...

Also I love how our offensive strategy is just hoping the puck goes in and we get lucky bounces:laugh:

“The stats are the stats,” Stars coach Jim Montgomery said. “We’ve just got to keep putting pucks on net and keep going to those dirty areas. Hopefully, a puck will go off someone’s shoulder or knee sooner or later and people will start relaxing.”

I caught that little nugget too. Basically our plan now is hope. Might as well buy a lottery ticket then. Sheeesh.

Sports2

smack my bisch up
Jul 1, 2018
Dump and chase offense has high icing rate- more at 8. I’m sure other teams are like yeah if we just apply pressure they’ll give it up or ice it- not like they have a plan B. Something that kind of irks me too is that there is a system out there that would make this a top ten offense, no question. It’s out there. There are probably multiple ways to go about it. And it doesn’t really sound like they’re even trying to find it. So yeah I’m on the fire everyone train. I know the coaching carousel isn’t ideal but if you’ve got the wrong guy you’ve got the wrong guy- I think Troy said something about it and I agree. No reason to hang on to them. There’s gotta be a decent coach out there that sees this team on paper and wants to try to bring out the best of it.

Last edited:

cizko

Feb 10, 2009
I'm looking at stats right now, and our best player in points per game is Roope Hintz, who is in fabulous 169th place in the whole nhl. Holy hell.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Those guys ain't getting you a 1st I don't think. How bout a loui Benn swap with some retention? Both fanbases go nuts.
Vancouver and Dallas will never trade with each other, with their current owners at the helm.

Caldercanucks

Sep 12, 2019
Vancouver and Dallas will never trade with each other, with their current owners at the helm.
Haha, yea they do hate each other. Remember the whole debacle with Hamhuis? That was Pejorative Slured, both teams could have helped each other in that deal. In all seriousness, you guys still have plenty of time to turn things around, especially with some of the underperforming\ overrated teams in the West.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->