2019-20 Colorado Eagles (AHL) and Utah Grizzlies (ECHL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
For the people who missed Altitude's coverage last night, McNab mentioned that Bibeau had hip surgery the game like right after being sent down. That's a 3-5 month recovery time depending on what they did, Billington with such a dreadful acquisition.

No idea, but we're approaching almost one month in injury time, whereas Bowers did return last game though.

They honestly had likely completely given up on Meloche and felt it was solid enough depth, but that is a major failing of the offseason. Only having 3 goalies under contract until the end of camp was dumb enough and they just added a crap goalie when they did address it.

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I'll hazard a guess the Avs will go after a Berube/Bachman/McIntyre sort sometime between now and mid January.

Drift

Jan 9, 2012
From those that have seen both Werner and Miska, who do you think has more long term upside with the organization?

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
From those that have seen both Werner and Miska, who do you think has more long term upside with the organization?

Werner, by a long shot. Don't see any sort of NHL upside with Miska at all. And for me Werner's absolute ceiling is "average backup" so that should tell you how poorly I think of Miska.

Drift

Jan 9, 2012
Werner, by a long shot. Don't see any sort of NHL upside with Miska at all. And for me Werner's absolute ceiling is "average backup" so that should tell you how poorly I think of Miska.

haha alright that is fair. Miska seemed to be doing well this year but apparently that is an anomaly :)

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Man...look at the look on his face. He just played along but you can tell this hurt. Unreal.

I was extremely racially insensitive in my youth, but I don't think I could have ever been a part of something like that.

hooverdam

Feb 21, 2013
The equipment manager should be fired immediately, but it’s so sickening to know a roomful of adults supported and were in on this “joke” and laughed about it.

This should mark the absolute end of anyone arguing that incidents like Peters are outliers and aren’t an ingrained part of hockey culture.

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012
Deynzer needs to apologize to Akim and undergo some sensitivity training. It was a dumb stunt but I'd rather he and the organization learn from it than destroy Deynzer's life. Use it as a teaching moment. I would issue a reprimand to make him understand his conduct was wrong and antithetical to the organization's values and therefore discipline is warranted. I would ensure all employees of the Eagles organization undergo that same sensitivity training as well as a reminder on the organization's values. Then I would tell everyone to learn from it and get back to playing hockey cuz hockey is for everyone.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
He should be fired.

Also, Akim Aliu is a complete dickhead and anybody who has been around him knows that. Nothing to do with the colour of his skin.

He has played for 26 teams in 14 years between 2004-2018.

Every coach, teammate, trainer, etc. that has had the displeasure of working with him can’t stand him.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
The equipment manager should be fired immediately, but it’s so sickening to know a roomful of adults supported and were in on this “joke” and laughed about it.

This should mark the absolute end of anyone arguing that incidents like Peters are outliers and aren’t an ingrained part of hockey culture.

Anyone arguing that either never played hockey growing up or just doesn't understand what racism is.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Deynzer needs to apologize to Akim and undergo some sensitivity training. It was a dumb stunt but I'd rather he and the organization learn from it than destroy Deynzer's life. Use it as a teaching moment. I would issue a reprimand to make him understand his conduct was wrong and antithetical to the organization's values and therefore discipline is warranted. I would ensure all employees of the Eagles organization undergo that same sensitivity training as well as a reminder on the organization's values. Then I would tell everyone to learn from it and get back to playing hockey cuz hockey is for everyone.

Lmao.

Organization-wide sensitivity training with zero firings or repercussions.

Ridiculous, bro. Sorry.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com

This always gets equated to "destroying his life." It's not going to destroy his life. Derail his career maybe, but not destroy his life. And he deserves to be fired for this. Let him start over somewhere else, and in time, maybe he'll work his way back. Them's the breaks, kid.

And...no. Some bullshit sensitivity training and a public apology is precisely why this culture needs to be upended. There need to be real consequences.

If he had just blurted something out racially insensitive, then yeah, I could see the apology being sufficient. This is beyond unacceptable, to stage a prank like this with multiple collaborators, to go out of your way to single out one player of color (I'm guessing he was the ONLY black player on the Eagles roster at the time) and thereby alienate him is disgusting. This was a premeditated act. And I'd go farther than this because there is no way in hell at least some of the higher-ups didn't know about this.

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012
Lmao.

Organization-wide sensitivity training with zero firings or repercussions.

Ridiculous, bro. Sorry.

Sorry you feel that way. However an organization, including it's supervisors, have an obligation (a responsibility) to teach it's employees in order to be able to hold them accountable. I grant that the employee may treat the lessons in a superficial manner and if so, they might eventually have to pay the price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad