2019-20 Carabao Cup

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
I'm new to soccer, but am I supposed to care about this game? I was under the impression I'm not, but then I see some people on here seem to be getting rather testy.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Game summary so far : Martinelli is the best Brazilian player ever.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I'm new to soccer, but am I supposed to care about this game? I was under the impression I'm not, but then I see some people on here seem to be getting rather testy.
Hey, losing to one of the big 6 in any competition is a bad result, especially considering how dominant Liverpool have been at home. It's all crashing down now to the feet of Martinmessi.

Also once again, Saka > Brewster.

Reactions: AB13

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
No, you're not, but when you're an Arsenal team that can't win anything else, you get a little excited. Plus Arsenal has been unable to win at Anfield in what feels like forever, so it would be nice to get a win here.

But more importantly, the seemingly two largest (or perhaps most outspoken) fanbases here are Liverpool and Arsenal and for whatever reason, there seems to be some animosity between the groups. So this game will naturally draw attention because of that. I can't even really watch because work/don't have ESPN+

Arsenal/Spurs fans will get testy over a pick up game in the park with kids wearing the club's jerseys. :laugh:
Man United fans wouldn't get testy about such a game because they know their side would lose to those kids

Reactions: S E P H

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
No, you're not, but when you're an Arsenal team that can't win anything else, you get a little excited. Plus Arsenal has been unable to win at Anfield in what feels like forever, so it would be nice to get a win here.

But more importantly, the seemingly two largest (or perhaps most outspoken) fanbases here are Liverpool and Arsenal and for whatever reason, there seems to be some animosity between the groups. So this game will naturally draw attention because of that. I can't even really watch because work/don't have ESPN+

Man United fans wouldn't get testy about such a game because they know their side would lose to those kids

It's because Liverpool fans are the biggest f***ing snobs out there.

Reactions: S E P H and AB13

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
There's not a lot for them to find joy in this season so beating Liverpool's u19 team at home is about as good as it'll get for their seniors.
Lol, like Arsenal is playing their first team either. You see Xhaka anywhere out there because his presence (sadly) shows where the first team is at?

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Hey, losing to one of the big 6 in any competition is a bad result, especially considering how dominant Liverpool have been at home. It's all crashing down now to the feet of Martinmessi.

Martinelli, Nelson, Smith-Rowe, Saliba, Guendouzi and Willock > Brewster too.

Reactions: S E P H

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Clear handball missed in the box.

If there were VAR this would be 2-2 at least.

EDIT: penalty 2 seconds later which is pretty soft looking

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
This is also the first time Elliott, van den Berg, Williams, Brewster, and Kelleher have played against a real team for Liverpool.

Handball clearly and missed.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth

Sure. The Packers have dominated the Bears, but I'm not going to get upset if they lose a preseason game to them.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth

Makes sense. Just two big fanbases going at it. Guess maybe I'm not to that point yet since I'm more new to this :laugh:

Reactions: bluesfan94

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
This isn't a preseason game though. It's a legitimate trophy for the youth/sub squads and winning is better than not winning...

Sure. Who doesn't like to win? But winning a youth/sub game and talking trash seems a bit... odd. Guess maybe that's just my perspective.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
True, but our youth are much younger and more inexperienced as I so illustrated so they really shouldn't win.

That's why I compared it to a preseason game. Just a lot of people who don't normally play. Seems like a good chance for both teams to get experience, but not really the type of game to get worked up about.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad