Prospect Info: 2019-20 Binghamton Devils and ECHL talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
what’s the deal with jacobs? i was hoping he could be a colin white/3rd pairing guy...he looked ok in the one game he played. anybody watch the guy regularly?

i know there’s no room for him this season, but beyond that?

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
what’s the deal with jacobs? i was hoping he could be a colin white/3rd pairing guy...he looked ok in the one game he played. anybody watch the guy regularly?

i know there’s no room for him this season, but beyond that?

Top pairing AHL and likely first call up this year. Likely will have a better idea of his NHL potential by how this year goes.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Top pairing AHL and likely first call up this year. Likely will have a better idea of his NHL potential by how this year goes.
It's true his is the likely first rhd call up, but he's also 5th on the rhd depth chart.

I could see White being the first lhd call up.

White is now 22, Jacob's 23. Truth of the matter is, if these guys have any hopes of being NHL d-men, then they need to put the "Bingo's D is awful" narrative to bed.

Reactions: Classic Devil

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Is Jacobs no longer waiver exempt as of this year? Not that I think he'll be claimed. Just feels like he will be waiver bound in September. This is his fourth pro season coming up?

White kind of reminded me of the other defenseman we had named White, only he was worse than even Colin White's last season with the Devils and almost as bad as his last season in the NHL with the Sharks.

He did only play 3 games though. I was surprised to see he scored 30 points in 71 games in the AHL last year.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
Binghampton's defense is going to look something like:

White - Jacobs
Groleau - Tennyson
Melchiori - Mermis
Sissions
Strait (IR)

Which should be the best it's been in years, but I miss the idea of Davies at that top LHD spot. They're one injury from serious problems.

Tao Jersey Jones

Sep 28, 2003
Plainfield, NJ
More depth I guess. I'd rather sign another D-man or two.
Fitzgerald mentioned he wanted to sign some players to develop in Adirondack. I think this is one of those moves. Ludvig Larsson is listed as a C/D, but has only played F in his seven games as a pro. I think he is another player bound for Adirondack. There are still some good AHL vet D out there.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Is Jacobs no longer waiver exempt as of this year? Not that I think he'll be claimed. Just feels like he will be waiver bound in September. This is his fourth pro season coming up?

White kind of reminded me of the other defenseman we had named White, only he was worse than even Colin White's last season with the Devils and almost as bad as his last season in the NHL with the Sharks.

He did only play 3 games though. I was surprised to see he scored 30 points in 71 games in the AHL last year.
Not seeing the White comparison at all.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Not seeing the White comparison at all.
Run of the mill grenade handler that can’t do much of anything.

The current White reminded me of the new Seth Helgeson. But he did only play 3 games in the NHL. I just remember he looked particularly poor.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Run of the mill grenade handler that can’t do much of anything.

The current White reminded me of the new Seth Helgeson. But he did only play 3 games in the NHL. I just remember he looked particularly poor.
I think he handles the puck fairly well. Not a dynamic skill set that is for sure, but decent puck skills. Was actually the 2nd leading power play point producer amongst d-men. Had a pretty impressive high light goal somewhere along the way as well.

Certainly not a Seth Helgeson/Collin White type of d-man.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
I think he handles the puck fairly well. Not a dynamic skill set that is for sure, but decent puck skills. Was actually the 2nd leading power play point producer amongst d-men. Had a pretty impressive high light goal somewhere along the way as well.

Certainly not a Seth Helgeson/Collin White type of d-man.
Yeah, Colin White and Helgeson are not good stylistic comparisons at all. White is much more of a puck-mover type.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
I wonder who Adirondack has as their starter right now because this guy's been an ECHL/AHL tweener since leaving college in 2016. He's played in 55 AHL games and 65 ECHL games.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
I really expected us to sign a vet for the AHL and have Cormier start in Adirondack. Maybe we're going to goaltend by committee instead.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
I really expected us to sign a vet for the AHL and have Cormier start in Adirondack. Maybe we're going to goaltend by committee instead.

There's really not much left as unsigned vets go and it's doubtful any of them would've wanted to sign here. There's still the possibility of a trade for a goalie who passes through waivers first.

Reactions: Nubmer6

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Binghamton seems to be loading up on AHL depth especially on the backend which is good to see. Hopefully they can put together an above average D group after it’s been horrendous of late.

Devils seem to also be leaving a lot of contract spots open as well signing guys to AHL deals instead.

Wonder if that means anything.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Binghamton seems to be loading up on AHL depth especially on the backend which is good to see. Hopefully they can put together an above average D group after it’s been horrendous of late.

Devils seem to also be leaving a lot of contract spots open as well signing guys to AHL deals instead.

Wonder if that means anything.
Is this in regards to the 50 contract limit?

I wonder if the number of recent draft picks, who will need contracts in the future, are a factor.

As per the Bing D, I'm hoping White and Jacobs help sure things up down there this season. Both are getting about that age.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad