Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
I was going to offer this:

Kyle Palmieri + Michael McLeod
for
8th overall + Okposo

So yeah, my prediction came roughly true. Palmieri is a solid player, but also a pending UFA, and not a center. McLeod is not worth anywhere near the 8th pick.

Also, bundling Okposo with the 8th pick in a trade reduces the value of the 8th pick. No team would ever do this.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
So yeah, my prediction came roughly true. Palmieri is a solid player, but also a pending UFA, and not a center. McLeod is not worth anywhere near the 8th pick.

Also, bundling Okposo with the 8th pick in a trade reduces the value of the 8th pick. No team would ever do this.
But what if they add Tyce???

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
If the only thing on the shopping list was "Kyle Okposo replacement" I'd agree with you, but we're already in a spot where we need a salary dump (or similarly de-valued asset) like Palat, Gourde, etc to hit in order to fill out the scoring lines, now you have to do that again with limited cap space/assets/prospects, and with an unpopular destination.

It's just an unforced error that you should probably kick down the line a few years, unless you're absolutely crushing the rest of the offseason.

Again I don't disagree & even alluded to it in an earlier post.

Hopefully if/when they get to the point of NEEDING to move KO - that shopping list is bare because the core pieces are already in place.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Trade idea:

:sabres
Staal
Brodin (with extension)
2020 1st PIT (#25)
:wild
Mittelstadt
Johnson/Samuelsson
2020 1st (#8)

Terrible? :oops:

markpenske

Jul 2, 2015
Miller for Sam Bennett? I think we all liked Bennett coming out of the draft, he never got a chance to blossom in Calgary

Man of Principles

The Krueger Effect
Nov 30, 2011
There is no possible way this team gets any better until they bring in some better goaltending. I'd like to see them trade for Korpisaalo or Georgiev/Shesterkin.

As bad as this team was, they could have had a Winnipeg Jets-esque season with a Vezina-caliber goalie. The '05-'07 teams were deep but having Miller back there helped a heck of a lot.

We talk a lot about better forward depth and the need to trade some defensemen but I think this team would fare a lot better if they had a prime Miller or if they had a Hasek somehow. Since you can't have either of those, you should try your best to emulate it and that means going to get somebody with the potential nobody in the organization has right now (Luukonen and Portillo up in the air).

Valuating goalies seems tough these days. Korpisaalo is trending up but CBJ trying to shed salary so I'd try Mittelstadt or our 2nd this year. Disclaimer: I suck at trades.

Last edited:

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020
Trade idea:

Staal
Brodin (with extension)
2020 1st PIT (#25)
Mittelstadt
Johnson/Samuelsson
2020 1st (#8)

Minnesota absolutely say no! Wild aren't trading Staal or Pittsburgh first round pick.

Yes, this is absolutely terrible . Middlestat values ie low as it can be.

Brodin with extension isn't getting traded for 8oa.

Reactions: sabresEH

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Minnesota absolutely say no! Wild aren't trading Staal or Pittsburgh first round pick.

Uh a 50-55 point soon to be 37 year old center with 1 year left isn't some untouchable core asset. #25 is nothing special. Mitts still holds more value alone then Staal.8+Samuelsson/Johnson is easily worth Brodin. Not many D are worth top 8 picks + top 4 D prospects who were late 1st rounders and Brodin is not one of them. That proposal was more then enough

Reactions: Cheese Breadman

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018

Well, your opinion is not so important here. I saw you overestimate your players tenfold. You wouldn't even trade Kaprizov for Eichel. :laugh:

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Why don't we just get Max Domi and call it a day for our #2C search ? He's tough and can put up points.
I think in theory this could be considered, but Domi is a very controversial player. Do we want to trade our #8 for a player of 50 points? Whether he can repeat his 70+ point season in Buffalo? He doesn't seem to be that good at defensive play, there are too many questions so far.

Reactions: VaporTrail

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
I think in theory this could be considered, but Domi is a very controversial player. Do we want to trade our #8 for a player of 50 points? Whether he can repeat his 70+ point season in Buffalo? He doesn't seem to be that good at defensive play, there are too many questions so far.

If it’s between Holtz or Perfetti and Domi, I pick Domi.

If it’s between Rossi or Raymond and Domi, I’m more conflicted.

Reactions: lauraP

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006

I think this can work.

Skinner - Eichel - Olofsson
Johansson - Domi - Reinhart
XXXX - XXXX - Kahun

Trade D to fill out that middle 6

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
Trade idea:

Staal
Brodin (with extension)
2020 1st PIT (#25)
Mittelstadt
Johnson/Samuelsson
2020 1st (#8)

That is terrible for Minnesota.

Mitts probably does have less value than a late first at this point.

An extended Brodin has equal value to 8OV IMO. Probably more depending on the contract. But I've always liked him.

Staal is not waiving a NTC to join us.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
I can't believe Montreal would trade Domi in division.

If we were to get him though - would you then try go after Duclair? Reunite that junior line?

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
That is terrible for Minnesota.

Mitts probably does have less value than a late first at this point.

An extended Brodin has equal value to 8OV IMO. Probably more depending on the contract. But I've always liked him.

Staal is not waiving a NTC to join us.
Bored

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Trade idea:

Staal
Brodin (with extension)
2020 1st PIT (#25)
Mittelstadt
Johnson/Samuelsson
2020 1st (#8)

Terrible use of your best available assets. If you’re going to shoot your shot using your best assets that are available, you should target a player(s) better than slightly more productive than Marco Scandella as the main piece.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Terrible use of your best available assets. If you’re going to shoot your shot using your best assets that are available, you should target a player(s) better than slightly more productive than Marco Scandella as the main piece.
Hmm, Staal and Brodin are more productive than Scandella, but I agree, this is not a very good deal.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Why don't we just get Max Domi and call it a day for our #2C search ? He's tough and can put up points.

I think this can work.

Skinner - Eichel - Olofsson
Johansson - Domi - Reinhart
XXXX - XXXX - Kahun

Trade D to fill out that middle 6

Depends on what he’d re-sign for and if MTL is willing to make a deal with us, but barring those two concerns this is the straightforward solution I’d most support. Ya his D ain’t great and his upside isn’t massive- f*** it, he’s a tough 2C and seems like a locker room leader, I just feel like he kinda ticks all the boxes Buffalo needs.

ps- not sure if MTL management would be interested, but plenty of MTL fans were offering Domi for the #8th. Personally I do that in a second, I’m totally fine with losing this specific year’s top pick if it can add a piece that rounds out the roster and potentially makes us playoff challengers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad