Prospect Info: 2019 #11 - Victor Soderstrom, D

brakeyawself

Oct 5, 2006
A trade to create space.
They might end up trading Soderstrom at this rate. Chych is prob their best player. he's worth multiple 1sts but I'm not sure if anyone would be willing to pay that. Supposedly he's out now because of some trade interest, but I have my doubts.

Why do players sign contracts of this length if they are going to be eyeing a trade a few years later? Honestly, I hope Chych stays with the Coyotes for life. It's what they both deserve.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
They might end up trading Soderstrom at this rate. Chych is prob their best player. he's worth multiple 1sts but I'm not sure if anyone would be willing to pay that. Supposedly he's out now because of some trade interest, but I have my doubts.

Why do players sign contracts of this length if they are going to be eyeing a trade a few years later? Honestly, I hope Chych stays with the Coyotes for life. It's what they both deserve.
Why do some employers hire people only to lay them off weeks or months later? It’s sports but it’s business and it’s cutthroat at times.

Reactions: brakeyawself

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA

His contract runs him to his first year of UFA, instead of a shorter deal leaving him a RFA... Meaning he has little control. He could make a stink, but he's showing professionalism.

Also, it's rumored that BA approached Chychrun about the rebuild, and asked if he wanted to stay or go. Chych apparently said go, but it seems to all be under good terms with no hard sell date.

Reactions: brakeyawself

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Wanted to say that Soderstrom hasn't looked bad in his call up...he's a good puck mover, still needs to add strength in order to become better...but he should stay in the lineup.

I don't see elite elusiveness like Ghost
I don't see elite shot like Chychrun
I don't see elite IQ like Keller
I don't see elite skating like Chychrun

For future reference, if we're picking inside the top 15, make sure the kid is "elite" in at least 2 categories

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Wanted to say that Soderstrom hasn't looked bad in his call up...he's a good puck mover, still needs to add strength in order to become better...but he should stay in the lineup.

For future reference, if we're picking inside the top 15, make sure the kid is "elite" in at least 2 categories

Agreed, I still remember that game vs Vegas two seasons ago where he did show elite elusiveness, he flashed top IQ and was super silky smooth with his skating. I think I've only seen that one other time vs a very disinterested SJ.

Out of the two controversial picks I think Hayton is really starting to shine, but hopefully with give Soderstrom a nice long look. It took Valimaki at least a month to look really comfortable.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix

He's the Hayton pick re-racked as a defenseman

RABBIT

Years of my life w you f*cks only to get relocated
Nah. He’s like 5’11 isn’t he? Smooth but unspectacular? Suchy maybe?
F10466D7-B733-432A-84B1-F54026E31C6D.gif

RABBIT

Years of my life w you f*cks only to get relocated
I thought of him too, but man I think that's a very positive salvage outcome if he ends up good enough to crack 400 GP. Okay puck mover can play 2nd pair on a bad team and not look out of place.

(I'm very down on Soderstrom if you can't tell lol)
100% - Schlemko was actually decent. He was a good puck mover and pretty dependable at times.

I haven’t given up on Soderstrom by any means, it’s still early, but it definitely felt like an odd choice for a trade up. Hoping he gets a full season under his belt before I go too nuts with his projections.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
100% - Schlemko was actually decent. He was a good puck mover and pretty dependable at times.

I haven’t given up on Soderstrom by any means, it’s still early, but it definitely felt like an odd choice for a trade up. Hoping he gets a full season under his belt before I go too nuts with his projections.
Schlemkos only issue here was his propensity for blunders. He rarely made small mistakes or repeated mistake but was prone to the occasional major blunder. Costly.

Or signing OEL’s brother.
Not sure I’ll ever recover from his name being “Kevin”.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC

Should have been Caulfield :0

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4