Votes: 0 0.0%
  • BELARUS

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MW6

Oct 21, 2011
Halland
I really like what I’ve seen from Jonsson Fjallby so far (only 4 periods in though). He’s a puck hound with great wheels! Never gives up on play and seems like a menace to play against. His decision making has also been really good. Had a nice assist in the 1st period against the Czech’s.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Slovakia is a better team than Denmark. US hasn't scored 8min in, could be a closer game than some think

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Didnt Slovakia lose 6-0 yesterday?

To Canada. And the US beat Denmark 9-0 a few days ago. The Fins just outshot Denmark 61-7 and the US was up on them 5-0 after one period when they played.

Do you think Slovakia is as bad as Denmark? They're playing the US close and finished the first period 0-0 instead of down 5.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
To Canada. And the US beat Denmark 9-0 a few days ago. The Fins just outshot Denmark 61-7 and the US was up on them 5-0 after one period when they played.

Do you think Slovakia is as bad as Denmark? They're playing the US close and finished the first period 0-0 instead of down 5.
There are obviously better then Denmark but they still aren't a very good team. The US should handle them easily.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
There are obviously better then Denmark but they still aren't a very good team. The US should handle them easily.

I never said they were great, just that they were better than Denmark and they would probably play a closer game.

And look at that, they're up 1-0 on the US

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
I never said they were great, just that they were better than Denmark and they would probably play a closer game.

And look at that, they're up 1-0 on the US
I can't say that I'm upset about that.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Slovakia wins 3-2

whoops

I was worried the US wouldn't be ready. They took apart Denmark so easily they were likely expecting a similar game from Slovakia. But Denmark was obviously completely incompetent in their first two games and Slovakia had much better structure and puck pursuit/awareness in their first game. Welp, here you go. Wake up and don't sleep on the next "easy win", boys.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Fortunately the dismantling of Denmark means it's unlikely that the US finishes 4th in the group, but after this loss to Slovakia, a 3rd place finish seems not only possible, but perhaps likely. They're going to need to beat Canada tomorrow in the outdoor game if they want any chance at avoiding Russia or the Czech Republic in the first round of the elimination tournament.

You have to think the US was looking ahead to the outdoor game tomorrow.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
That should end up as the goal of the tournament. Crazy finish to that game.
In my view, USA forward Casey Mittelstadt already has two solid candidates for goal of the tournament.

Did you see the one today? That was INSANE.

Sabres will be trending up for sure once that kid joins Eichel, Reinhart, Evander Kane and the others. Mittelstadt is dynamic in same way Patrick Kane was at same age; seems to make two highlight-reel plays every single night. Crazy good hands.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Bucek's goal is more about the USA defense falling all over themselves than anything else. Someone should set it to Yakety Sax.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Slovakia wins 3-2

whoops

I was worried the US wouldn't be ready. They took apart Denmark so easily they were likely expecting a similar game from Slovakia. But Denmark was obviously completely incompetent in their first two games and Slovakia had much better structure and puck pursuit/awareness in their first game. Welp, here you go. Wake up and don't sleep on the next "easy win", boys.

G00N screwin up big piles of frak already :P.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
@g00n...

giphy.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad