Votes: 0 0.0%
  • BELARUS

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Go Sweden!!
Hey those are fighting words. Go Canada. Actually its been a good game. Best game of this tourney. I won't really be upset if Sweden wins. Only problem with Sweden is Peterson flopping around all over the place. He must have a soccer background.

AtNightWeFly

You better run.
Jun 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Sounds like there was some really fantastic officiating going on. Good thing I skipped the competition this year. :nod:

When is Axel allowed to come over to NA?

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Sounds like there was some really fantastic officiating going on. Good thing I skipped the competition this year. :nod:

When is Axel allowed to come over to NA?
There was nothing wrong with the officiating. Sweden took some very dumb penalties. A couple of their penalties they had to take because Canada was going to get a scoring opportunity. The Swedish team is very skilled but had some lapses in the defensive zone. Canada was a team full of pretty good 2way players. I think Timmins will be a very good NHL defenseman.

AtNightWeFly

You better run.
Jun 1, 2014
Upstate NY
It wouldn't be the first time officials were influenced by the home crowd. They do it every other game in the NHL.
Most of it is subconscious anyway. I'm not saying its a conspiracy or anything like that.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
It wouldn't be the first time officials were influenced by the home crowd. They do it every other game in the NHL.
Most of it is subconscious anyway. I'm not saying its a conspiracy or anything like that.
The officiating in this tourney was 10 times better than NHL officiating. These refs called the penalties that they had to call. They didnt call the BS even up penalties that they like in the NHL.
If you have watch a lot if international hockey over the years. You would see Canada has been hurt big time by the refs because if Canada's physical game. Canada has had to tone their game down in international hockey.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Since when is Buffalo part of Canada?

Last edited:

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Since the joke about it basically being a sister city to Toronto exists.

You may also note that it's closer to Canada than, say, Sweden.
Duh. I know exactly where Buffalo is. You are completely missing the point.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
Duh. I know exactly where Buffalo is. You are completely missing the point.

Not really, I'm just not playing semantic games.

Plenty of Canadians visit Buffalo to watch the tournament. If you don't think they make a de facto home team crowd in games involving Canada, I guess I don't know what else to tell you.

Reactions: g00n

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Not really, I'm just not playing semantic games.

Plenty of Canadians visit Buffalo to watch the tournament. If you don't think they make a de facto home team crowd in games involving Canada, I guess I don't know what else to tell you.
I know a lot of Canadians made the trip. If I lived over there I might have too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad