Prospect Info: 2018 WJC Thread - Alexeyev (RUS), Fehérváry (SVK), Geisser (SUI)

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I’m watching without sound. Can anyone tell me why they called no goal there?

I'm flipping between this and the football game while skimming the GDT on the WJC board and all I can gather is there was a "crease violation" per IIHF rules that many would dispute (not getting out of the crease fast enough). Not sure, tho

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
I'm flipping between this and the football game while skimming the GDT on the WJC board and all I can gather is there was a "crease violation" per IIHF rules that many would dispute (not getting out of the crease fast enough). Not sure, tho
Yeah as just reading on the mains. Brutal call IMO.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Yeah, still not sure why it was called off. Haven't read IIHF rules in a while
Apparently the ref said the US player didn’t get out of the crease “fast enough”... :confused:

A poster on the mains said even the Finnish commentators have no idea how that’s not a goal. International hockey sucks.

Sorry to see the Finn’s captain get injured. Looked like a nothing play to me.

Reactions: g00n

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
I hate when these Finals are turned into PP fests. Just let them play even a little. The margins are already small enough as it's just a single game so would rather watch who is actually the better team rather than who has the better special teams.

Reactions: peterthegreat12

Empty Goal Net

Do I see another GOAT?
Feb 13, 2010
Although the no goal call v the US in the first was kinda unfathomable, this game has turned into a good, relatively evenly played contest. Hoping the refs don't do anything weird in the last 10 minutes to screw things up.

Reactions: calicapsfan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad