GDT: 2018 WJC • Game 27 • SF1: SWE (4) - USA (2) F

Merya

Jokerit & Finland; anti-theist
Sep 23, 2008
Helsinki
Holy sour grapes...

I like it though... :laugh:

I'm hoping my Canadian Juniors vex your voodoo... :popcorn:

Sour grapes how? I'm a Finn, Czechs eliminated us, I wish Czechs win Canada and go to the finals. :|
Besides noone cheers for Canada except Canadians and some other odd people. They're always the favorites and most people love underdogs. :) Canada is like the Soviet Union used to be in the 70s and 80s; hockeywise that is.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
This was established in my post, Captain Redundant.

Calm down now, it's just a game you lost, you can't win them all Captain sore loser.

Canada didn't have anything to do with this game boss, your team did, and they lost fair and square.

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
There was literally someone who used the word deserved a couple of pages back. But let’s just ignore the two+ pages of comments after the slash saying essentially “that’s what you get for diving” and that it was deserved. Or the comments now saying he embellished and should suck it up. It’s not the first time Canadian fans have acted this way. It happens every tournament.

The only fans I see saying it was deserved are Swedish fans.. or so their location suggests.

Nice try though!

And yea, if you embellish suck it up. What's so wrong about that? Embellishing is dumb. I'm not saying he embellished, but embellishing is stupid and if he did embellish he needs to suck it up and go on with the play.

EDIT: I thought the play was penalty, FYI.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Well it may have changed recently but in previous tournaments I remember seeing canadians say they didn't think the tourney was a big deal as well as use the whole "our best players aren't on the team" argument. Every fanbase is guilty of having those type of people.

I agree with the best players not being there argument as it is a pretty big deal if being used in the context of using the tournament to judge the talent that each country is producing.

I can't think of seeing many Canadian fans swinging so much in opinion win or lose like Americans do. And to be fair to them many European fans used to do this a lot as well back in the late 90's/00's so it isn't a new thing.

nowhereman

Jan 24, 2010
Los Angeles
Wow dis that really happen?

I thofht nylander was the 3rd best forward for sweedes
I think they're throwing a bone to Buffalo fans by giving the local prospect the nod. I've been sort of disappointed with Nylander this tournament and thought Pettersson would have been the easy choice here.

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Well it may have changed recently but in previous tournaments I remember seeing canadians say they didn't think the tourney was a big deal as well as use the whole "our best players aren't on the team" argument. Every fanbase is guilty of having those type of people.

But "those type of people" are the minority... nor are they knowledgeable about International hockey...

The guys we hang out with know there Shi and don't speak out of turn...

To most Canadian hockey purists... the World Juniors is a ray of warm light in the middle of very cold harsh winters...

It is not taken for granted...

That being said... they are all youngsters and have a way to go....

Have you noticed you are on a website called "Hockeysfuture" ?

:popcorn:

Reactions: Statsy

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Seriously? Goals 3 and 4 were terrible. Goal 1 was pretty bad as well.

He was just playing with zero confidence. You just can't allow those types of goals in a big game like this. But he was terrible all tournament so it's not a surprise.
What? I am seriously not sure if we were watching the same game lol. I mean I agree he had been pretty shaky earlier in the tournament but jesus if you think those were weak goals there is really nowhere else to go from here.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
The way you guys are obsessed with USA hockey that you have to come into a thread that doesn't involve Canada and troll Americans just proves how insecure you are. The USA is either feared or respected in just about everything, you guys on other hand have hockey, that's it. But hey congrats on being good at that thing you invented and practically no one in the rest of the world cares about. :thumbu:

I can enjoy hockey games that don't involve my favorite team. It has nothing to do with obsession.

And if the game is so irrelevant than why do you post so much about it?

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
The way you guys are obsessed with USA hockey that you have to come into a thread that doesn't involve Canada and troll Americans just proves how insecure you are. The USA is either feared or respected in just about everything, you guys on other hand have hockey, that's it. But hey congrats on being good at that thing you invented and practically no one in the rest of the world cares about. :thumbu:
Do you not care about it ? This was a big game idk why canadians wouldnt be watching it. More interesting than canada vs czech later tonight anyways unless that game suprises

New User Name

Jan 2, 2008
I might be biased but I don't see the issue with Woll in this game. Don't really have an opinion on the first goal against, and the last two are just ridiculous shots. Might have over-committed a bit on the second, but not really something I'd blame him for either.

I agree. Woll wasn't the problem. The US had their chances in the first and second and just ran out of steam.

The US played a good game and with a bit of luck could have been up by 2 or 3 goals going into the 3rd period.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Calm down now, it's just a game you lost, you can't win them all Captain sore loser.

Canada didn't have anything to do with this game boss, your team did, and they lost fair and square.

Sore loser who congratulated the Swedes on a game well played? You're the one stamping your feet because I brought up USA beating Canada.

C'mon, try to keep up.

Rob

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site

Pot. Meet kettle.

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Sour grapes how? I'm a Finn, Czechs eliminated us, I wish Czechs win Canada and go to the finals. :|
Besides noone cheers for Canada except Canadians and some other odd people. They're always the favorites and most people love underdogs. :) Canada is like the Soviet Union used to be in the 70s and 80s; hockeywise that is.

It is sour grapes... you just confirmed it... your team is out therefore you wish to stick a fork in us....

I am okay with that... and I also know we are always up against the underdogs...

But really, I am from Winnipeg and I am a Jets fan... we have Liane and Armia...

I saw Finlands WJC winning team... this years team should have been right there with Canada and some how lost to the Czechs...

We love our Finnish brothers... they stay up late to hang with us on HF Jets Forum every game... love'em....

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
I agree with the best players not being there argument as it is a pretty big deal if being used in the context of using the tournament to judge the talent that each country is producing.

I can't think of seeing many Canadian fans swinging so much in opinion win or lose like Americans do. And to be fair to them many European fans used to do this a lot as well back in the late 90's/00's so it isn't a new thing.
I know its not as wide spread as it used to be, just things I've noticed over my time being a hockey fan.

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
Oh well. It was a good run. Congrats to the Swedes. But it would've been nice beating Canada. Again. For gold. Again.
Uhm, do you want to get into comparing historical records? Even since 90s when the NHL started putting all of its resources into growing the game in the States?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad