GDT: 2018 WJC • Game 27 • SF1: SWE (4) - USA (2) F

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I don't know why the USA was so slow paced today.

Canada is going to play at a much higher intensity and I don't know if the Swedes will be able to match it.

Canada's line-up -now let's say they win this game tonight - is very experienced at the international level... almost all these kids have played U17, U18 for Canada at international tournaments over the years and have won major tournaments....

Overall team speed D'men to Forwards have solid team speed and skill...

Team Sweden is experienced and can do things other teams have not been able to do to Canada...

Canada's potential is one thing... but this tournament is historically won by experienced WJC teams...

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Nylander being named a player of the tournament above Pettersson and Gustavsson is an odd pick.

Dahlin and Andersson are correct though.

Reactions: JBeast

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Oh well. It was a good run. Congrats to the Swedes. But it would've been nice beating Canada. Again. For gold. Again.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
No the most WJHC thing is US fans telling us how much this tournament means nothing when they lose but how it shows they are taking over hockey when they win.

That is the yearly tradition I look most forward to each and every year.
Canadians do the EXACT same thing. Don't act like they are any different.

Reactions: Merya

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
I came into this game biased towards USA with only a slight Swedish interest for Brannstrom. The US players were definitely diving. Some calls were correct regardless of the dive but they were fishing for calls for sure.
Spot on. I was going to say the same thing. I have no issue with calls being made against the Swedes on most of those penalties, but there were a lot of embellishments to make sure those calls happened.

islesfan3913

Apr 5, 2011
Where did anyone say it was deserved?

If you're gunna say one person equals a whole group, I've got something to tell you.. #Americanexceptionalism

There was literally someone who used the word deserved a couple of pages back. But let’s just ignore the two+ pages of comments after the slash saying essentially “that’s what you get for diving” and that it was deserved. Or the comments now saying he embellished and should suck it up. It’s not the first time Canadian fans have acted this way. It happens every tournament.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
No the most WJHC thing is US fans telling us how much this tournament means nothing when they lose but how it shows they are taking over hockey when they win.

That is the yearly tradition I look most forward to each and every year.
Nah, I think it was the one that I said.

Your post fits it pretty well, actually.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
GG by Sweden. Embarrassing effort from Americans.

We deserve to lose when you keep starting an obviously struggling goalie. Woll with an absolute pathetic display all tournament - arguably the worst performance from a top team goaltender I've seen. Motzko deserves criticism for goaltending decisions.
I am honestly curious to hear what your problems are with the goals he let in tonight. I am all ears. Should be good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad