GDT: 2018 WJC • Game 27 • SF1: SWE (4) - USA (2) F

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Most of the American posters will now cheer for anyone but Canada:laugh:

Well that was a given anyway, that is a given for any of the countries fans . It does not matter what some Canadian fans do or say here because they are gonna cheer against them anyway.

But who cares? we have a game to win tonight and that is all that matters.

Reactions: 99664987

antiqueslivers

Apr 16, 2015
Gotta give a nod US's ballsy move at the end to try and get back in to the game. No shame at all in losing to Sweden.

timmeh

Nov 8, 2009
Just watched the slash again. Sure that slash might’ve hurt. But there is no way it hurts need-help-standing-up-bad. That kind of slash happens all the time during games. Was unnecessary though.

Reactions: 99664987

Merya

Jokerit & Finland; anti-theist
Sep 23, 2008
Helsinki
It is sour grapes... you just confirmed it... your team is out therefore you wish to stick a fork in us....

I really don't understand your view. You could call it sour grapes if Canada had eliminated Finland, perhaps. At the current situation I don't even see the grapes. o_O More like sweet for Czech underdogs!

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Uhm, do you want to get into comparing historical records? Even since 90s when the NHL started putting all of its resources into growing the game in the States?

USA putting "all of its resources" into hockey?! Wut?

Maybe you did congratulate them but a guy who goes on about how much he would like to beat canada in a gold medal game again in a game that country didn't play in suggests you still are not processing this loss very well.

after all..................Canada was nowhere to be found in this game were they?

Yet here you are, talking trash to Americans.

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
Really? So the MVP is a player who is is entirely inconsistent the entire tournament?

There are better MVP picks here than Nylander. Andersson with a busted shoulder for two games showed better and more consistent play than Nylander all tournament.

Again, how exactly has Nylander been inconsistent? He has produced more consistently (game-to-game) than any other Swedish player. He was throwing hits in the D zone today and his hands are world class for this age group.

Andersson was a slug against Slovakia and basically took himself out of the running with that performance. Until then he would have been a worthy #2.

Toe Pick

Jun 13, 2011
Columbus, OH
I bleed red white and blue but Sweden wanted this one more. Impressive effort right through their lineup.

Congrats and best of luck in the gold medal game.

Reactions: Chainshot

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
USA putting "all of its resources" into hockey?! Wut?

Yet here you are, talking trash to Americans.

I havent trash talked Americans here at all though if I see an unrelated to this game comment about Canada I have been known to comment on that. I am only concerned with one thing and that is Canadas game tonight.

I actually would have preferred another U.S-Canada final. The game did not go the way i wanted it to go today here.

New User Name

Jan 2, 2008
I wish they would give Tampa a chance to host it. I know its not a traditional hockey market but they draw good crowds for the frozen 4. I'm sure they can do better than Buffalo.

I'd love to see it in Tampa and many will disagree with me here but Vegas would be a great choice too.

Reactions: Master P

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
USA owned about 2/3 of the game but Gustavsson was amazing and we (Sweden) capitalized on almost all our chances, super efficient.

Reactions: Kyndig

New User Name

Jan 2, 2008
I'll generalize again here. The Canadian players would have preferred the US to win, as would the Canadian fans of the junior tournament.

Reactions: Merya

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
USA owned about 2/3 of the game but Gustavsson was amazing and we (Sweden) capitalized on almost all our chances, super efficient.

Sweden were the superior team for the first two periods. Woll saved their asses there. To say Sweden capitalized on all chances would be wrong.
Then the third period came and getting 6 minors in a single period kind of tells you the story about how such a period goes in terms of momentum.

Reactions: storosten

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad