GDT: 2018 WJC • Game 03 • Group A: CAN (4) - FIN (2) F

Which team wins this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
Should be a good game. First game of the tourney so it'll be unpredictable. Canada is the better team and should win, especially if they play Steenbergen over Batherson on L3 tonight.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Should be a good one, how Canada's D and Hart handle that ridiculous Finnish top line is going to be a pretty telling early indicator for this tournament.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Really looking forward to this game, should be a good one to start the tournament for both teams.

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
My homer vote is in. Tolvanen to score twice, the 2nd one being the game winner.
Expecting a tough matchup and an instant indicator of how this year's WJC will go among our young lions.

Loffer

Sep 22, 2011
A close game 'in principle'. But in reality it can as well turn into an ugly eh- blowout-job. Either way. Young guns, immaturity, first game. Lots of uncertainties and melt down factors. In any case fasten your seat belts and enjoy con beverages and lil snacks. The better one will win.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
I think Canada will come out flying and get 2 goals in the first and Hart will carry Canada the rest of the way. With an empty netter I think this one ends up 3-1 Canada.

Reactions: PatrickMcC

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Finland in a close one for the upset. Their blueline can match if not exceed Canada's and Tolvanen is a stud.

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
I like this year's Finnish line up but I just cant shake the feeling that Finland's bottom 6 lines are going to get battered in this match up

Carl Carlson

Jan 7, 2009
Predicting a close scoreline. Canada will come out hitting in the first and then the Finns will take over. Canada comes back to sneak out a 3-2 win.

Gsus

MVP
Feb 20, 2014
Pori, Finland
Canada has the better goalie, Finland the better defence and offence is close in my opinion.

I called this one earlier 4-3 to Finland. I'll stick to that. That first line of Vesalainen-Kuokkanen-Tolvanen is fire and Heponiemi should provide the secondary scoring.

Reactions: clevelandcane

FiLe

Mr. Know-It-Nothing
Oct 9, 2009
FIN lineup.

Luukkonen (Lehtinen)

Heiskanen - Välimäki
Juolevi - Jokiharju
Vaakanainen - Kotkansalo
Salo

Tolvanen - Kuokkanen - Vesalainen
Koivula - Ikonen - Heponiemi
Innala - A.Räsänen - Kupari
Jääskä - Koppanen - Nurmi

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
despite being only an exhibition game, this should be a good one. I think Canada takes it

I'm glad this tournament is back. World Juniors are usually some of the best hockey of the year and it's always fun to see the best young talent

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad