GDT: 2018 WJC • Game 03 • Group A: CAN (4) - FIN (2) F

Which team wins this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nov 1, 2011
I'm Canadian but I do not feel thr 1st Canadian goal should not have counted as I feel our player bumped the goalies leg which is what pushed the puck in and the net was off befpre it went in. I also feel that the 1st Canadian PP (2nd goal was a very weak call. That being said, there were toms of weak calls all around. The goal line clearance was clearly a no goal as it did not cross completely.

Both countries should hope that they get the chance to do it again in a meaningful game.

From a Canucks fan point of view, thought 11 on Canada was excellent and that 7 FIN played a ton of minutes, looking like a 4th forward at times but still somehow ended up not being on for any goals - IMO not being on for any against when playing Canada as a high minute defenseman is positive but maybe you expect more from a d+1 high pick.

Broilers

May 31, 2007
Bakersfield
Canada played well as a team and a cohesive unit. Finland's forwards were not on the same page as their defense and would leave them to deal with things defensively on their own as opposed to providing any sort of help. It made Finland look disjointed and forced their players to constantly be scrambling around the ice, while Canada played a controlled game with support from their defense and forwards.

I get that the first goal being allowed was nonsense and likely played a part in taking some wind out of their sails, but that should've been pushed out of their minds immediately. Finland needs to wake up and play as a team or this will just be the start of their losing streak.

You are right. Canada was a better team regardless of bad referencing. I can guarantee that Finland will wake up and has a shot to win Canada in the next game. Finland played well the last 2 periods and even better than Canada. Canada's game was not much better and Finland is not even a favourite to win bronze. I believe that only extremely good puck luck (or help from the referencing) can take these teams to medals but not to the GOLD MEDAL GAME.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
The only questionable reffing was the usual dogcrap Euro refs and their phantom calls against Canada.

Why we can't ditch these incompetent fools and just go with NA refs is beyond me.

Reactions: nucks88

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad