Prospect Info: 2018 Vegas Rookie Faceoff

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
I updated the lines for today's game in the OP. Aidan Dudas is in, Cole Kehler starting in goal

Chazz Reinhold

Sep 6, 2005
The Stanley Cup
Anyone else getting this?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-09-09 at 5.56.13 PM (1).jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-09-09 at 5.56.13 PM (1).jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 14

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
I'm able to get it to work on lakingsinsider, but fox sports go just says the event will begin shortly

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Kehler covers the net much better than Villalta, but he has a tendency to make his job harder by not trying to control/redirect/cover the puck when it's in his crease.

Reactions: King Trouty

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
"Jake Muzzin had back problems too" yeah yeah. Vilardi has some undisclosed back injury that he can't seem to get right.

Maybe move him if need be.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Kehler let the puck hang around the crease for the Coyotes to tie it 1-1. Defense didn't clear it well, but Kehler doesn't assert his will around the net/crease too often.

member 88115

Impressed by Dudas. High energy and the team is riding that boat. Much better game. My only issue is too much board play, when our young players game is not of that breed (aside from couple of players). We are no longer drafting the King, Brown, Pearson, Clifford type players who are more than capable.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
"Jake Muzzin had back problems too" yeah yeah. Vilardi has some undisclosed back injury that he can't seem to get right.

Maybe move him if need be.

Moving Vilardi would be asinine.

Will never get remotely close back. We don't need another marginal prospect. Let him recover and develop. If he plays well for someone else, we'd be kicking ourselves. If he doesn't, oh well, the chance is better than another tweener prospect.

Wasn't this board complaining about high end skill for like years? We got lucky one fell to us--ride it out.

And you can't just 'yeah, yeah' off Muzzin. He became a free top-pairing d-man after major back troubles in junior. Edit: make that a herniated disc surgery at age 16. It may take some time.

Last edited:

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
2-1 Arizona on the powerplay; not sure if Kehler could find the puck through traffic as it was a wrist shot from the point.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
2-1 Arizona on the powerplay; not sure if Kehler could find the puck through traffic as it was a wrist shot from the point.

That was the third or fourth time Capobianco waited for a King/Kings to over commit to a shot block, showing a lot of patience just getting that puck through. That's a great skill.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Moving Vilardi would be asinine.

Will never get remotely close back. We don't need another marginal prospect. Let him recover and develop. If he plays well for someone else, we'd be kicking ourselves. If he doesn't, oh well, the chance is better than another tweener prospect.

Wasn't this board complaining about high end skill for like years? We got lucky one fell to us--ride it out.

And you can't just 'yeah, yeah' off Muzzin. He became a free top-pairing d-man after major back troubles in junior. Edit: make that a herniated disc surgery at age 16. It may take some time.

Yeah well you can't play if you've never healed.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Yeah well you can't play if you've never healed.

At this point I'd rather they just be overly cautious with him than the opposite.

If the guy absolutely destroyed the field last year with a wonky back and his other injuries, let him get fully healthy and grow instead of playing through the issue. Imagine what he could do with the proper health (if possible, obviously, which I agree is the key point).

It would be nice to see him contribute to the big squad this year, but I'm much more worried about the next 10 years of Gabe Vilardi than 2018-2019.

I just don't think trading him solves any problems in any manner.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Eyssimont with a great poke on the forecheck, forces the D-man to just steal his stick so he can't finish :laugh:

Edit; wow, and ag reat move and play to get to the front off the next faceoff, not sure how goalie kept it out

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
At this point I'd rather they just be overly cautious with him than the opposite.

If the guy absolutely destroyed the field last year with a wonky back and his other injuries, let him get fully healthy and grow instead of playing through the issue. Imagine what he could do with the proper health (if possible, obviously, which I agree is the key point).

It would be nice to see him contribute to the big squad this year, but I'm much more worried about the next 10 years of Gabe Vilardi than 2018-2019.

I just don't think trading him solves any problems in any manner.
Would be crazy to move him.. he has too much upside, the injuries suck but hopefully its just a short term thing ... I think with how JAD looks you guys can take your time with Vilardi and let him completely heal and be comfortable to play at 100%... really no need to rush him... but no way you get someone with as much upside as Vilardi has.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I dig Rempal's hands and speed, and he's starting to look better/more comfortable, but he still gives me a tweener vibe, like Brodzinski. mayyybe useful on the bottom six.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad