Golf: 2018 US Open: June 14-17 at Shinnecock Hills Golf Club

Raging Bull

Present
Jan 25, 2004
Hamilton, ONT
Funny it looked like it was going to be a borefest after two rounds, but most of the leaderboard is filled with top players on tour now. Koepka, DJ, Rose, Reed, even a guy like Berger who I'm sure will win a major someday.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Who was the last person to win consecutive US Opens? I thought Goosen did but there was a year in between

Raging Bull

Present
Jan 25, 2004
Hamilton, ONT
Seems like they've overcorrected whatever problems they were having yesterday. Still should see conditions toughen up as the wind begins to pick up.

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
Everyone happy now to watch the John Deere Classic in the final round of the US Open?

I really hoped that like +5 or +6 would win. I love the carnage.

Pat winning the US Open on Father's Day would be an unfortunate irony. Really hope the FOX broadcast doesn't unknowingly go down that narrative path as the day goes on.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I really hoped that like +5 or +6 would win. I love the carnage.

Pat winning the US Open on Father's Day would be an unfortunate irony. Really hope the FOX broadcast doesn't unknowingly go down that narrative path as the day goes on.

Its pretty disgusting how they portrayed him at the Masters. They should stay out, considering they don't know what happened. His wife claims he was abused as a child. Maybe thats true. How would any of us know?

Jan 3, 2012
Everyone happy now to watch the John Deere Classic in the final round of the US Open?

What we saw on Thursday and Saturday was ridiculous. The course is set up well today in that the players can actually have a chance. Obviously it is very much dependent on the wind, but having it setup so that the players get massacred is just dumb. When the players are making good shots and getting massacred by greens you can't even hold, it almost becomes a joke. I prefer a tough challenge than what was Thursday and yesterday.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
I disagree. I think the announcers just said that 65 (or it might've been 66) was the best score ever shot in the US Open at this course. We saw a 63 today that could've easily been 61 or 62, so this is way overcorrecting. Look where Reed is, he could easily shoot 62 or 63 today. That could be two of them in a day. Thats about what you get in the easiest PGA Tour event. Its Sunday at the US Open. I really don't care if its unplayable. Same unplayable conditions for everyone. And if some luck factors in with someone in an earlier group shoots a lower score, so what? There's luck involved in winning just about every event.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
That shot that Koepka just hit shows all thats wrong with this course today. Going straight at the pin and stopping it.

Ernie Els described this course well earlier in the week. He said if you hit it at the middle of the green with the correct shape, you might be able to stop it on the middle of the green. Otherwise, you will miss the green. Thats what we saw days 1, 2 and 3. Day 4 is pin seeking.

Jan 3, 2012
I disagree. I think the announcers just said that 65 (or it might've been 66) was the best score ever shot in the US Open at this course. We saw a 63 today that could've easily been 61 or 62, so this is way overcorrecting. Look where Reed is, he could easily shoot 62 or 63 today. That could be two of them in a day. Thats about what you get in the easiest PGA Tour event. Its Sunday at the US Open. I really don't care if its unplayable. Same unplayable conditions for everyone. And if some luck factors in with someone in an earlier group shoots a lower score, so what? There's luck involved in winning just about every event.

Yeah maybe they overcorrected, but they had to do something. I wouldn't want the winner shooting 78 today. Plus there doesn't seem to be much wind today, and if it was Thursday this would be much different.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad