2018 UEFA Nations League

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Dumfries by the way, like I said before, is great and needs to move to a bigger club.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Right.

De Jong and De Ligt are already among the top of their positions. This sudden surge of Ajax and Oranje isn't a coincidence.
I don't think that they are yet. They certainly can be though.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Ya that was an embarrassing penalty appeal.

John Stones has rocks in his head.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I absolutely hate the way Depay plays. Complaining all the time instead of trying to win the ball back.
I know...
And when he starts to yell at his teammates for not giving him the ball, while he always prioritizes his own play rather than his teammates...

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Memphis certainly hasn't had his strongest game. A few bad touches including one that messed up a really, really good scoring opportunity when they had a 2v1 break...in the box.
I know...
And when he starts to yell at his teammates for not giving him the ball, while he always prioritizes his own play rather than his teammates...
I don't know that this is accurate given that he's one of the top chance creators (for others) in Europe.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
The lack of effort bothers me way more. I have no problem with selfish as long as someone scores, but he just gives up as soon as he gets in a collision with someone.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Well, just look at his games. It's pretty telling.
I think he's definitely petulant but I wouldn't say he always prioritizes his own play over teammates given his tendency for providing goals/chances for others.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Well I do. He passes when he has no shot possible.
And that goes with his lack of effort. His off the ball play is dreadful.
He's a bit like Ben Arfa on this, except Ben Arfa is more of a playmaker and less of a scorer (logical given their positions).

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Well I do. He passes when he has no shot possible.
And that goes with his lack of effort. His off the ball play is dreadful.
He's a bit like Ben Arfa on this, except Ben Arfa is more of a playmaker and less of a scorer (logical given their positions).
I mean, we can agree to disagree on this facet of it. I've seen him give up a shooting opportunity for others plenty, and he's always created way more chances than Ben Arfa has for others.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
This reffing has been pretty one sided. How was that not a foul on Bergwijn?

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
I don't think that they are yet. They certainly can be though.

The only knock against them is that they play(ed) in the Eredivisie, which they had outgrown pretty rapidly. Yet, they also played CL and were arguably the best midfielder and central defenseman in the entire tournament.

I'd put De Ligt and De Jong up against any of them at their respective positions already, they are that good. With more exposure next season, the few who don't agree likely will.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
The only knock against them is that they play(ed) in the Eredivisie, which they had outgrown pretty rapidly. Yet, they also played CL and were arguably the best midfielder and central defenseman in the entire tournament.

I'd put De Ligt and De Jong up against any of them at their respective positions already, they are that good. With more exposure next season, the few who don't agree likely will.
I've watched them plenty, in the Eredivisie and the CL as well as in the youth ranks. I know you like them a lot, and I do too, but they are not at that level yet.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
The way VVD defends Kane is the definition of having a player in their back pocket. I could see them playing for hours and Kane having a hard time scoring.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Kane keeps making the same foul and then wonders why he gets called.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad