GDT: 2018 Training Camp Part 5 | Locally Streaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Yeah, you're crazy or trolling.

Or maybe I can watch Riley Sheahan try to play LW, and realize that he doesn't have the talents to be good on the wing and would prefer a natural winger there. But no, critical thinking isn't allowed on here for some reason.

13CF9CA59.09%
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
All situations.
www.naturalstattrick.com is great.

I'm a little surprised Crosby's line is as bad in possession as it's listed here, but at the same point, I'm not surprised. The line hasn't been impressive tonight.

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
Brassard is ****ing everywhere in this game.

giphy-downsized.gif

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
Or maybe I can watch Riley Sheahan try to play LW, and realize that he doesn't have the talents to be good on the wing and would prefer a natural winger there. But no, critical thinking isn't allowed on here for some reason.
That line is playing well, and Cullen is playing LW. So yeah, critical thinking is allowed here.

Pens1566

Aug 2, 2005
WV

Or, sit ZAR and play Cullen at 4LW. Problems solved.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Still no goals for Sprong eh? Hope the kid finds one. He's too talented not to produce. Probably gripping that stick tight.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
*nods* Cullen playing LW and Sheahan playing C is better than ZAR at LW and Cullen at C.

Also, no way they're gonna stick ZAR and Riikola in the opening line up and force people through waivers.

Reactions: Shady Machine

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Or, sit ZAR and play Cullen at 4LW. Problems solved.

That would be what I'd prefer, but the Penguins seem to want Cullen at center. It doesn't make sense to me, Cullen's skillset would transfer better to LW than Sheahan's would.

Sheahan is taking the faceoffs today but it really seems like Cullen is playing center on that line. But even with that, ZAR has been so strong in the preseason and Sheahan hasn't impressed me as much as he did last year. I also think ZAR fits better on that line considering who else is there.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
*nods* Cullen playing LW and Sheahan playing C is better than ZAR at LW and Cullen at C.

Also, no way they're gonna stick ZAR and Riikola in the opening line up and force people through waivers.

Not that they would waive him (and even poking the bear with waiving him isn't a good idea), but I wonder if Ruhwedel would clear waivers or not. He is probably better than what some other teams have in terms of depth defensemen, but is he better enough for them to justify waiving their own player?

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
That would be what I'd prefer, but the Penguins seem to want Cullen at center. It doesn't make sense to me, Cullen's skillset would transfer better to LW than Sheahan's would.

Sheahan is taking the faceoffs today but it really seems like Cullen is playing center on that line. But even with that, ZAR has been so strong in the preseason and Sheahan hasn't impressed me as much as he did last year. I also think ZAR fits better on that line considering who else is there.
actually what looks to me that tye are bumping at each other, which is understandable considering they have not played or practice together, they'l be fine, just having Matt there will make major difference...

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Not that they would waive him (and even poking the bear with waiving him isn't a good idea), but I wonder if Ruhwedel would clear waivers or not. He is probably better than what some other teams have in terms of depth defensemen, but is he better enough for them to justify waiving their own player?

Interesting question. I'd imagine yes if they think he's going to play every night for them and no otherwise... is anyone's defence that thin?

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
Still no goals for Sprong eh? Hope the kid finds one. He's too talented not to produce. Probably gripping that stick tight.
I am more curious about his offensive awarenes, is he sliding into the position, its hard to do that when Sheahan is not fit here, they do not carry the puck, I don't understand why he is not playing him with Sid, just to see what he has there...

Reactions: Pancakes

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I am more curious about his offensive awarenes, is he sliding into the position, its hard to do that when Sheahan is not fit here, they do not carry the puck, I don't understand why he is not playing him with Sid, just to see what he has there...

Yeah the last game or two should be used to run real lineups, but at least give Sprong an extended look until then.

Unless the plan really is to start him on the fourth line this year. But that's not usually Sully's style with young offensive minded prospects.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
how about we just swap Sheahan and Cullen then? I'd rather we play our best players.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Wishful thinking, but I really wish we can lock Brassard up long-term.

I'm not sure it's wishful thinking, they can definitely afford him long term. It's a question of whether he wants to re-sign here.

Johnson looks so damn good out here, absolutely fantastic skater. He just looks powerful with the puck.

Reactions: 99664987

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
put him with geno……..don't need sid.

Reactions: Andy99

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I'm not sure it's wishful thinking, they can definitely afford him long term. It's a question of whether he wants to re-sign here.

Johnson looks so damn good out here, absolutely fantastic skater. He just looks powerful with the puck.

I totally agree about JJ. He looks really good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad