NFL: 2018 Training Camp Discussion thread

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

I wonder what they'd be looking for, not that the Panthers really have the cap space.

I'm just hoping he gets a chance somewhere if he does get traded. A team like the Panthers wouldn't be good because there's no chance he's starting over a healthy Cam and he also rarely misses games. His hometown Dolphins might not be a bad option with Tannehill and Osweiler as the top two QBs.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
A buyback clause? I thought that was what you used in retail and other businesses for buying back unpurchased merchandise or equipment in end of a early termination of contract

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
First day of rookie camp and the vultures are already circling Josh Allen. I don't really care about him or the Bills but I find myself rooting for him because of how badly some people seem to want him to fail just so they can be proven right with their pre-draft assessment.

Having said all that, he should probably stop overthrowing guys on screen passes and checkdowns. That might help him a bit.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I think this is the time of year I like football the least. I can only hear about these practices and contract holdouts for so long. Most of the actual news is usually dumb. Thankfully I'm on vacation during this time.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
I think this is the time of year I like football the least. I can only hear about these practices and contract holdouts for so long. Most of the actual news is usually dumb. Thankfully I'm on vacation during this time.

Agreed, but there are important updates out there like this

Reactions: Avs_19

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
The Chargers have the worst luck. Same thing every single year.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
4th time in 5 years that verrett has suffered season ending injury if true. 11 games total in those 4 years.

talented player but not much use if he can't stay on the field.

Kel Varnson

Oct 31, 2017
Verett's done. He has so much talent but I'd be surprised if he plays another game in the league. He needs to think about his long term well-being. The Chargers have pretty good depth at CB so this injury doesn't hurt them nearly as much as the Henry one. Heyward, Trevor Williams and Dez King still form one of the best trios in the league.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
It's not luck if it keeps happening.

Verrett's just injury prone but the others are bad luck. I can't imagine they're doing something year after year that's resulting in these injuries. Henry just showed up to OTAs and tore his ACL a day or two later. I believe it was the same for Lamp last year a few days into training camp.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad