NFL: 2018 Training Camp Discussion thread

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Verrett's just injury prone but the others are bad luck. I can't imagine they're doing something year after year that's resulting in these injuries. Henry just showed up to OTAs and tore his ACL a day or two later. I believe it was the same for Lamp last year a few days into training camp.

I would say running drills with O-lineman with no knee braces is pretty careless..change that.

Reactions: Kel Varnson

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina

f*** f*** f***. Carted off. Teammates saying prayers. He was very good last year and very underrated by everyone not named PFF. He's also due a new contract next summer. One of the players they can least afford to lose.

EDIT:

Definitely not good.

Last edited:

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid

**** **** ****. Carted off. Teammates saying prayers. He was very good last year and very underrated by everyone not named PFF. He's also due a new contract next summer. One of the players they can least afford to lose.

EDIT:

Definitely not good.

If he's out for the season, this team really needs a back up at RT (obviously) and now QB with Kalil and some scrub as the bookends to our OL.

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia

I saw a photo of the man awhile ago and it looked like he'd lost about 50 pounds. Very unfortunate for him. He seemed to have some undesirable personality traits but it still sucks that his long term health is in question.

I never did hear if he was for sure wearing a helmet or not.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina

Dislocated knee and torn MCL. Options are rehab and a late start to the season (like Trent Williams) with unpredictable results or surgery and out for the year.

Everything is the worst.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid

Dislocated knee and torn MCL. Options are rehab and a late start to the season (like Trent Williams) with unpredictable results or surgery and out for the year.

Everything is the worst.

giphy-downsized.gif

Reactions: What the Faulk

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I'm so excited for Dalvin Cook's return. It's only two days into camp but every national and local media member at Vikings camp says he looks great. No restrictions on him around 10 months after having surgery.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Well, shit. He was likely to battle Donte Jackson and James Bradberry for playing time, but they really like the rookie and Bradberry probably isn't going anywhere. Still, it sucks to lose the depth in training camp.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil

I refuse to believe this excessive wave of injuries is 'normal' and 'part of the game'. The NFL needs to review the off-season calendar for these players.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

I refuse to believe this excessive wave of injuries is 'normal' and 'part of the game'. The NFL needs to review the off-season calendar for these players.

Are these guys going from 0 to 60 on the first couple days of camp? No easing into it?

You don’t hear nhlers or nba guys going down in he first week of camp like this. Not even pitchers wreck heir shoulders and elbows at the rates nfl guys go down in camp.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad