GDT: 2018 Trade Deadline Shenangians - coverage at 8 AM ET on TSN/ESPN3 and Sportsnet

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
You say pp as a negative with Kovy when it would be a strenght.
Kovy getting passes from Barkov, Huberdea& Yandle on pp would be a dream for you.

Not money teams have a top10 2way C who could use a RW, out of those teams not many could help him as much as Florida could Kovy, and out of those teams not many have the cap space as Florida has.

Kovy on a shortterm deal is so much better fit than Pac and his Eriksson/Ladd/Lucic/Okposo 2.0 contract.

If you want to find a new starting goaltender you get the cap space for that by trading one of your expensive goalies, no team can have 3 expensive goalies on roster at the same time, that's just a cap killer.
Exactly. We don't want Patches because he's going to be another one of those 2.0 contracts that just suck. Dadonov is turning out to be a great signing and the risk there was well worth it. We need to do whatever we can to get Kovy to join them on the top line.
UFA Kovy on reasonable deal >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Patches

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
gde-okazhutsja-kovalchuk-i-dadonov-glavnye-transfernye-sluhi-v-nhl_14963277751420550500.jpg

Reunite them

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Exactly. We don't want Patches because he's going to be another one of those 2.0 contracts that just suck. Dadonov is turning out to be a great signing and the risk there was well worth it. We need to do whatever we can to get Kovy to join them on the top line.

UFA Kovy+ Tippett/1st+ >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>x2 Patches.

Dads could help with his history to convince Kovy, and earlier in the season the raports said(no idea if true) he'd want to joing Rangers, so Eastern conference and that would again limit the competition for Kovy.

Not many good teams in the East have the money for him.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
UFA Kovy+ Tippett/1st+ >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>x2 Patches.

Dads could help with his history to convince Kovy, and earlier in the season the raports said(no idea if true) he'd want to joing Rangers, so Eastern conference and that would again limit the competition for Kovy.

Not many good teams in the East have the money for him.
Yup, we also don't need to spend any assets to get Kovy. It's a no brainer who to go after, imo.

Reactions: BabyBarkov and BB88

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
You say pp as a negative with Kovy when it would be a strenght.
Kovy getting passes from Barkov, Huberdea& Yandle on pp would be a dream for you.

Not money teams have a top10 2way C who could use a RW, out of those teams not many could help him as much as Florida could Kovy, and out of those teams not many have the cap space as Florida has.

Kovy on a shortterm deal is so much better fit than Pac and his Eriksson/Ladd/Lucic/Okposo 2.0 contract.

If you want to find a new starting goaltender you get the cap space for that by trading one of your expensive goalies, no team can have 3 expensive goalies on roster at the same time, that's just a cap killer.

Never with Kovy i go i come back i go i come back, no one take the risk. Remember Montreal go that Way with radulov the different from him, he had better reputation then Kovy.
Better PP our current PP is really good, sure better could be better, next Year new Player maybe also much better PP.
Traading Goaltender, tradeing Loungo listen like thing never will happen. Before that happen he get Buyout or placed on LTIR. Im not sure who would go after Reimer without we pay a little extra for the trade. Give away Picks and Player is something DT dont want, the Interview is only view Days old.

Hands off Kovy he is also bad for the Room, so much speaks against him, only his olds NHL numbers for him. Some People say they wouldn´t like Subban in the Locker Room or Kane and same thing is with Kovy is bad for any Locker Room.
And i start Question myself why you want Kovy with us that much? Is this what you like to see as an overall Hockey Fan, Dadonov and Kovy.

I would also like to see, Barkov, Bjorgstrom Heppo/happala in oen Line then they could all speak Finnish. I always thought barkov was Finnish Player not Russian. Sure with relationship near the Boarder, nothing rare that Finnish people speak also russian and a lot russian live in Finnland.

But Kovy here in Florida would be a total melt down.
We shouldn´t trade for a 29year old proofen 35 Goal scorer, but for an 34 year old russian Player. Give me a short Idea why?

By the Way you get the Note that said kovy wanna play at least 4-5 Years more, i find this funny cause i believe when you wanna sign him you must sign him for lowest 3 Years. I mean the news how long he think he still want and could play doesnt come from no where. Then he is 37. We wanted to make this Team younger not older. Sorry your whole Idea doesnt fit in the Idea of that Team.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany

tell me wich risk we had with Dadonov? He was drafted with us get himself better and more experience in the KHL and even comeback to the Team he was draftet.
Kovy comes and goes as he likes, he only comes back this Season cause he doesnt want go back to the Team he leaved. Still his work effort on bad Days or teams doesnt think the Kovy Way, not willed to play 100%. That he showed in New Jersey.

For myself i see for this Guy no future in the NHL. Beside, with the one GM he let a bad taste in his Mouth, is now the GM of the most Value and influence Team in the NHL.
And NHL is familiy and knowning person Buisness, you can see this in Penalty calling on Home and away games, how people Draft, how GM are conected with each other, how Player Safety comission Decided.

And when he was in talks with the Rangers last Season why he doesnt join the Rangers last Season, are the Rangers not good enough for Kovy?

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Yup, we also don't need to spend any assets to get Kovy. It's a no brainer who to go after, imo.

You could also spend nothing and go with Tippet Borgstrom for the next Season. Then you didn´t must spend on old person, nor trade for and safe Goal scorer.
And when you say dont pressure Borgstrom that much. I dont know isnt he in the same role current in Denver with all Eyes on him and get scouted around the League.

Sure i would like also have another Top 6 Winger for next Year, but for 100% not that Russian hot blood.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Never with Kovy i go i come back i go i come back, no one take the risk. Remember Montreal go that Way with radulov the different from him, he had better reputation then Kovy.
Better PP our current PP is really good, sure better could be better, next Year new Player maybe also much better PP.
Traading Goaltender, tradeing Loungo listen like thing never will happen. Before that happen he get Buyout or placed on LTIR. Im not sure who would go after Reimer without we pay a little extra for the trade. Give away Picks and Player is something DT dont want, the Interview is only view Days old.

Hands off Kovy he is also bad for the Room, so much speaks against him, only his olds NHL numbers for him. Some People say they wouldn´t like Subban in the Locker Room or Kane and same thing is with Kovy is bad for any Locker Room.
And i start Question myself why you want Kovy with us that much? Is this what you like to see as an overall Hockey Fan, Dadonov and Kovy.

I would also like to see, Barkov, Bjorgstrom Heppo/happala in oen Line then they could all speak Finnish. I always thought barkov was Finnish Player not Russian. Sure with relationship near the Boarder, nothing rare that Finnish people speak also russian and a lot russian live in Finnland.

But Kovy here in Florida would be a total melt down.
We shouldn´t trade for a 29year old proofen 35 Goal scorer, but for an 34 year old russian Player. Give me a short Idea why?

By the Way you get the Note that said kovy wanna play at least 4-5 Years more, i find this funny cause i believe when you wanna sign him you must sign him for lowest 3 Years. I mean the news how long he think he still want and could play doesnt come from no where. Then he is 37. We wanted to make this Team younger not older. Sorry your whole Idea doesnt fit in the Idea of that Team.

Kovy has been the C/A for the biggest club in KHL. He like Radulov has matured, by the sound of it he's motivated to win in the NHL.

You said you'd like to see a new starter, but you seriously can't have 3 expensive goalie contracts, you want a new goalie then one of Luongo/Reimer has to go, has to or you have no depth.

You can't put all your faith(RW) on Tippett, it's not fair for him and depending on just him means another wasted year of the core 3's steal contracts.

You add Kovy, Borgstrom+ Tippett and go after a D-man and you are looking like a different beast.

Reactions: I am not exposed

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Kovy has been the C/A for the biggest club in KHL. He like Radulov has matured, by the sound of it he's motivated to win in the NHL.

You said you'd like to see a new starter, but you seriously can't have 3 expensive goalie contracts, you want a new goalie then one of Luongo/Reimer has to go, has to or you have no depth.

You can't put all your faith(RW) on Tippett, it's not fair for him and depending on just him means another wasted year of the core 3's steal contracts.

You add Kovy, Borgstrom+ Tippett and go after a D-man and you are looking like a different beast.

Can´t follow you

Dad/Bar/Bor
Hub/Tro/Mal
Tippet/McC/???
???/Sceviour/???
Haley

That are my projection from now, since we pass on every opporturnity. You can have Top KHL Scorer or a Top NHL Scorer both are scorer both want at least 3 Years.
Or Tallon go with his Way on all to the core and youth. Let´s see what comes out, but no Kovy in Florida.

Sorry Dadonov and Radulov matured, Kovalchuk is the same as he was before, i dont wanna give him 3 or 4 years in the Age of 34. That would be only one more knowen DT retirement contracts.
I think splitt up working line chemistry as 2nd Line would be no good. Line chemistry Dadonov and Barkov has.

NO NEED FOR KOVY, if you pass on an younger one, then pass also on the older one otherwise a statement has no ground. I wish him the best somewhere else.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
The Devils held his rights and he couldn't just sign with the Rangers. He would have to sign and be traded.

Kovy can join the market next Season as an FA, thats is why he doesnt joined last Season. He doesnt want go back to the Devils or said different Devils pass on him. ;)
Gusev will join next Year when he can join as FA. They always come and go as they like.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Any team that has cap space and just spend money to get Kovy without losing prospects or picks should do it, as long as the contract isn't ridiculous.

Offer him Dadonov + $1M in bonuses.

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site
Can´t follow you

Dad/Bar/Bor
Hub/Tro/Mal
Tippet/McC/???
???/Sceviour/???
Haley

That are my projection from now, since we pass on every opporturnity. You can have Top KHL Scorer or a Top NHL Scorer both are scorer both want at least 3 Years.
Or Tallon go with his Way on all to the core and youth. Let´s see what comes out, but no Kovy in Florida.

Sorry Dadonov and Radulov matured, Kovalchuk is the same as he was before, i dont wanna give him 3 or 4 years in the Age of 34. That would be only one more knowen DT retirement contracts.
I think splitt up working line chemistry as 2nd Line would be no good. Line chemistry Dadonov and Barkov has.

NO NEED FOR KOVY, if you pass on an younger one, then pass also on the older one otherwise a statement has no ground. I wish him the best somewhere else.

Pacioretty wishes and dreams of being a young Kovalchuk ! Are you serious man ?

Also your latest comments on Gusev and Kovy "they come and go as they like" is well... Kind of... I don't know how to say it... But at least it's ridiculous. Are we gonna have the old "Russians have no heart and only greed" debate around here ? When we are comparing Pacioretty and Kovalchuk ?

Ilya is the man, and we need a guy like him, he has been a consumated-pro since going to the Devils and a positive-influence in the locker-room. Him leaving for the KHL was much more about the KHL trying to be relevant again than Kovalchuk not wanting to compete in the NHL imo.

Kovalchuk's talents has earned him respect !

Reactions: Chino Oscar

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
Kovy is a real possibility and requires assets. As long as it's not a stupid contract like last year UFAs got

Milan Lucic (7 yr, $42M)
Loui Erikson (6yr, $36M)
Andrew Ladd (7 yr, $38.5M)
David Backes (5 yr, $60M)
Kyle Okposo (7 yr, $42M)
Troy Brower (4 yr, $18M)

That's some major league stupidity right there.

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site
Kovy is a real possibility and requires assets. As long as it's not a stupid contract like last year UFAs got

Milan Lucic (7 yr, $42M)
Loui Erikson (6yr, $36M)
Andrew Ladd (7 yr, $38.5M)
David Backes (5 yr, $60M)
Kyle Okposo (7 yr, $42M)
Troy Brower (4 yr, $18M)

That's some major league stupidity right there.

Kovy's deal will be much shorter !

Also if you don't like those contracts, just look at the one Pacioretty will get next... And we want to give assets in addition to an albatros contract ? lol

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Pacioretty wishes and dreams of being a young Kovalchuk ! Are you serious man ?

Also your latest comments on Gusev and Kovy "they come and go as they like" is well... Kind of... I don't know how to say it... But at least it's ridiculous. Are we gonna have the old "Russians have no heart and only greed" debate around here ? When we are comparing Pacioretty and Kovalchuk ?

Ilya is the man, and we need a guy like him, he has been a consumated-pro since going to the Devils and a positive-influence in the locker-room. Him leaving for the KHL was much more about the KHL trying to be relevant again than Kovalchuk not wanting to compete in the NHL imo.

Kovalchuk's talents has earned him respect !

We will have the disussion and the discussion doesn´t come from no where and it doesn´t count for all. But when you really would have the heart, you wouldn´t need the clause on the contract i can leave if i wish and like to. So yes there will always room to Discuss why not. I mean Mammin also had the chance to say better no AHL i wanna play KHL did he go?

Max Paxioretty
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Tell me you pass on a secure 30 Goal scorer much younger then Kovalchuck.

[TBODY] [/TBODY]
that is the last NHL Season then he decided to play in the KHL never thought to come back only now, since the contract rights run out.

The loyality of russian was also a Argument on the first Radulov contract, also a Discussion before Dallas signed him. If you denied the fact you blind to real facts.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Kovy's deal will be much shorter !

Also if you don't like those contracts, just look at the one Pacioretty will get next... And we want to give assets in addition to an albatros contract ? lol

You know it or only say and hope it, cause he want to play 4.5 year more in the NHL or so he hope.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad