WC: 2018 - Team Denmark

Retroglyphs

Mar 23, 2018
According to what I have read the last couple of days, it seems like the forward lines for Denmark's first game against Germany will be like this:

Oliver Bjorkstrand - Peter Regin - Nicklas Jensen
Nicklas Hardt - Frans Nielsen - Frederik Storm
Mathias Bau Hansen - Jesper Jensen - Patrick Russell
Mads Christensen - Julian Jakobsen - Morten Madsen
Morten Poulsen

That leaves Patrick Bjorkstrand out for the moment. I am also in doubt if Janne Karlsson will dress only 12 forwards for the first games and wait for a clearer picture regarding the Stanley Cup faith of the remaining Danish NHL players.

We then have a clear cut first line consisting of our 2 most dangerous wingers and very dependable playmaking center. The second line will be a step below our first line but still very capable in a Danish context. If we, at a later stage can get Nikolaj Ehlers and/or Mikkel Bödker to reinforce the team, they can replace first Nicklas Hardt and then Frederik Storm on that line. The third line will be an energy line with somewhat offensive potential, and our fourth line will mostly be used in a shutdown role. If Lars Eller or Jannik Hansen becomes available for the national team, I would probably prefer that they are placed on the third line, to not disturb the line chemistry on the first 2 lines. I can imagine though that Janne Karlsson probably will use at least Lars Eller as a wing on the second line even though he is at his best as a center.

The defensive pairs will probably be like this:

Stefan Lassen - Philip Larsen
Jesper Jensen Aabo - Oliver Lauridsen
Nicholas B. Jensen - Daniel Nielsen
Emil Kristensen

It is also a question mark on how many defenders Janne Karlsson will dress for the first games both in regard to the missing NHL players and in regard to how the injury to Markus Lauridsen is healing. I could see him dress also Matias Lassen right from the start and discharge the possibility that Markus Lauridsen will be ready at some point.

Good analysis. Boejgaard tweeted today that he expects Karlsson to dress 12 + 7, to begin the tournament with.
I don't know which finger M.Lauridsen hurt in March, but if it wasn't the thumb, I could see Karlsson waiting for him. The argument being: can this Danish defense relinquish a player like him?
He should be ready by next week, uncomplicated finger fractures typically need 6 weeks to heal.

Last edited:
Reactions: Valdemar

Finlanche

Feb 11, 2017
Tampere, Finland
Just out of curiosity, how many players from the team are playing in front of their home town crowd? I know that Herning is not that big of a city, but atleast Andersen is from there right?

Tobias

Oct 15, 2004
Copenhagen, Denmark
Just out of curiosity, how many players from the team are playing in front of their home town crowd? I know that Herning is not that big of a city, but atleast Andersen is from there right?

Players from Herning:

5NIELSEN Daniel
6LASSEN Stefan
9STORM Frederik
12CHRISTENSEN Mads
17JENSEN Nicklas
25LAURIDSEN Oliver
27BJORKSTRAND Oliver
28KRISTENSEN Emil
29MADSEN Morten
31ANDERSEN Frederik
32DAHM Sebastian
33JAKOBSEN Julian
40JENSEN Jesper
41JENSEN AABO Jesper
43HARDT Nichlas
48JENSEN Nicholas
50BAU Mathias
51NIELSEN Frans
63RUSSELL Patrick
93REGIN Peter
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Retroglyphs

Mar 23, 2018
Players from Herning:

5NIELSEN Daniel
6LASSEN Stefan
9STORM Frederik
12CHRISTENSEN Mads
17JENSEN Nicklas
25LAURIDSEN Oliver
27BJORKSTRAND Oliver
28KRISTENSEN Emil
29MADSEN Morten
31ANDERSEN Frederik
32DAHM Sebastian
33JAKOBSEN Julian
40JENSEN Jesper
41JENSEN AABO Jesper
43HARDT Nichlas
48JENSEN Nicholas
50BAU Mathias
51NIELSEN Frans
63RUSSELL Patrick
93REGIN Peter
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

+ BJØRKSTRAND Patrick , if he gets dressed. Herning really is the epitome of Danish hockey. :thumbu:

Patrik Barkov

Jun 25, 2016
Players from Herning:

5NIELSEN Daniel
6LASSEN Stefan
9STORM Frederik
12CHRISTENSEN Mads
17JENSEN Nicklas
25LAURIDSEN Oliver
27BJORKSTRAND Oliver
28KRISTENSEN Emil
29MADSEN Morten
31ANDERSEN Frederik
32DAHM Sebastian
33JAKOBSEN Julian
40JENSEN Jesper
41JENSEN AABO Jesper
43HARDT Nichlas
48JENSEN Nicholas
50BAU Mathias
51NIELSEN Frans
63RUSSELL Patrick
93REGIN Peter
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
For a danish town with around 50 000 people that's a very impressive set of names

Reactions: DashingDane

Tobias

Oct 15, 2004
Copenhagen, Denmark
So it's 10 out of 25? Wow.

Yes. And if you weight them based on importance on the team it's at least 60% IMO.... Andersen, F Nielsen, Regin, O. Björkstrand and N. Jensen.... And keep in mind many of these players are childhood friends. It's so special.

I'm from Herning as well and i can tell you i will have goosebumps this evening when Frans is takning the opening faceoff and Captain Regin will lead the team.

Reactions: Retroglyphs

Retroglyphs

Mar 23, 2018
Yes. And if you weight them based on importance on the team it's at least 60% IMO.... Andersen, F Nielsen, Regin, O. Björkstrand and N. Jensen.... And keep in mind many of these players are childhood friends. It's so special.

I'm from Herning as well and i can tell you i will have goosebumps this evening when Frans is takning the opening faceoff and Captain Regin will lead the team.

I'll 40% on your side, and it's evident to me now that this team simply has to win. :popcorn:

danishdynamite

Jan 11, 2011
san jose 1 game away from holiday.. and bødker with 1 g 1 a..

play hansen and bødker with frans, and then reunite storm and hardt with zlatan

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
san jose 1 game away from holiday.. and bødker with 1 g 1 a..

play hansen and bødker with frans, and then reunite storm and hardt with zlatan

Bødker seems hot...would be perfect if its San Jose who go out early because they finish a bit earlier..
Hansen might not be playing right now but hes an update no matter what.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Bau Hansen out of the WC, was in surgery last night for a ruptured spleen he got in the game against USA.

ThaiTanicDK

Oct 26, 2016
If none of the NHL players get thrown out from round 2 in the stanley cup playoff, who can we bring in?

Valdemar

Danish junior hockey
Oct 6, 2007
After San Jose Sharks Stanley Cup exit last night, Jannik Hansen has already announced that he will participate in the World Championship. Mikke Boedker is positive but still haven't been in contact with his team or DIU about it.

Their participation could be a serious reinforcement of the Danish team, specially for the last 3 games in the preliminary round against Norway, Latvia and South Korea.

Reactions: Retroglyphs

Retroglyphs

Mar 23, 2018
After San Jose Sharks Stanley Cup exit last night, Jannik Hansen has already announced that he will participate in the World Championship. Mikke Boedker is positive but still haven't been in contact with his team or DIU about it.

Their participation could be a serious reinforcement of the Danish team, specially for the last 3 games in the preliminary round against Norway, Latvia and South Korea.

Very good!
Karlsson will still have the problem to play without Bau Hansen, and possibly Christensen as well. If he intends to wait for the PIT-WSH series to be finished, while not dressing M.Lassen, P.Bjørkstrand and M.Poulsen, he'll have to do the Patrick Fischer-thing and play 11 or even 10 + 7 today vs. Canada.

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
Mads C. skated at the optional training yesterday, so he's not completely out of the picture. For the Canada game Emil Kristensen(Or perhaps Nicholas Jensen) will probably fill a forward slot, and then they'll roll 11-12 F and 6 D.

Great to hear the San Jose Danes arriving - one of them a UFA. I'm wondering what line(s) Bødker and Jannik fits into. Mads C being healthy or not plays into that puzzle as well.

Reactions: Valdemar

Valdemar

Danish junior hockey
Oct 6, 2007
Don't you think that Janne would put the San Jose Danes on the 2nd line with Frans Nielsen? I must admit though that Mads C. was great in the game against Germany, so maybe he should be placed on the 2nd line instead of Jannik. That would place Storm and Hardt together with Zlatan on the 3rd line. But then you would have to place a NHL player (Jannik Hansen) on the 4th line, that would be crasy!! Jannik is able to play a lot of minutes in all situations, so wouldn't it be kind of wasting him? It seems like Janne is going to get a luxury problem.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad