WC: 2018 - Team Denmark

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
And I really like Denmark and would love if they'd also have a Stanley Cup winner. :D

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
Denmark has a really solid roster this year. Dont think we have a shot against you guys to be honest.

Well you are not usually the optimistic type my latvian friend;-)

Its usually pretty tight..if we dont score early, we will get nervous and might screw up..

Normally we have a tendengy to play better against the bigger teams(not so far this year)

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
Well you are not usually the optimistic type my latvian friend;-)

Its usually pretty tight..if we dont score early, we will get nervous and might screw up..

Normally we have a tendengy to play better against the bigger teams(not so far this year)

I mean , i guess im just envious at how good your roster looks like,especially with Ehlers. You guys look like what we should look like, alas mistakes of last 20 years are not that easy to fix in a year.

Besides you are on home turf. Thats huge for the team and Danish hockey as whole.

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
Good game, congratulations for W. Wasnt our best game, not bad though, i dont know why your squad couldnt go all the way to the gold.

Sian

Nov 11, 2013
I guess im just envious at how good your roster looks like,

Well, the other day I saw a statistic that Denmark was, by and far, the nation which had the most NHL players per number of hockey players. 1 NHL player for every 664(ish) registered ice hockey players

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
Well, the other day I saw a statistic that Denmark was, by and far, the nation which had the most NHL players per number of hockey players. 1 NHL player for every 664(ish) registered ice hockey players

Which is amazing and proof of how a good hockey system can produce plenty of talent even without huge numbers of registered players.

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen

Which by the way is only true because they left out Slovenia....

Tuoppi

Sep 9, 2016
Pori
Which is amazing and proof of how a good hockey system can produce plenty of talent even without huge numbers of registered players.
I think many Danish players go to Sweden at a young age. Then they are products first of the Danish and then the Swedish system.

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
The number of registered players given on IIHF's Survey of Players for Slovenia is 1024 registered players.

Which give them one for every 512 players....Anze Kopitar and Jan Mursak.

It doesnt spoil our system though. We must be doing something right.

Tuoppi

Sep 9, 2016
Pori
Which give them one for every 512 players....Anze Kopitar and Jan Mursak.

It doesnt spoil our system though. We must be doing something right.
Mursak doesn't play in the NHL. The thing you are doing right is going to Sweden.

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
The thing you are doing right is going to Sweden.

That is part of the reason, yes, but not all. I know Rødovre usually plays international tournaments with their youngsters as early as U9 and allocate a substaincially amount of money to get their kids the best opposition possible every year. They also have a professional staff for all ages.

Reactions: QuietContrarian

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
Mursak doesn't play in the NHL. The thing you are doing right is going to Sweden.

Has been a big reason why but now some players are taking different routes...somebody like alexander true went straight to north america from rungsted

And most dont go that young..we still have a lot who spend most of their youth in denmark and go at like 17

Last edited:

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Ehlers never played in Sweden, and altho Andersen did, he had his schooling and start of his career in Denmark.

Bjorkstrand had his schooling in Herning and the WHL.

Same with alot of the later draft picks, who have gone to NA instead as mentioned.

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
What a performance..so solid. Ehlers and eller are not coming..so can we activate somebody or did we have deactivate somebody if one would have come?

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
What a performance..so solid. Ehlers and eller are not coming..so can we activate somebody or did we have deactivate somebody if one would have come?

Cant see why we shouldnt. I think they are waiting to see what kind of trouble Lauridsen is in as we already have 7 D-men dressed. Might be more relevant to activate Meyer if Lauridsen is ok, if not then activate Lassen.

ThaiTanicDK

Oct 26, 2016
I'm just happy we are light years ahead of Norway now. Next step, win against Germany everytime the time and a steady top 10 placement in the A division.

Cant believe we are ranked 14 and Norway is 9th on IIHF rankings...

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
I'm just happy we are light years ahead of Norway now. Next step, win against Germany everytime the time and a steady top 10 placement in the A division.

Cant believe we are ranked 14 and Norway is 9th on IIHF rankings...

That is the result of our success in the Olympic qualification. :sarcasm:

bogostick

Jun 13, 2014
Off topic... looking to "move" somewhere for maybe a year or more. Was thinking Scotland originally.. but curious to hear what Denmark is like for a guy parachuting in with no ties to anyone or anything. I'm a hvac/r guy by trade with over 10 years. Is there lots of work? What about Golf? Was also thinking Sweden. Even Iceland. I do have some really distant relatives there.

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
Off topic... looking to "move" somewhere for maybe a year or more. Was thinking Scotland originally.. but curious to hear what Denmark is like for a guy parachuting in with no ties to anyone or anything. I'm a hvac/r guy by trade with over 10 years. Is there lots of work? What about Golf? Was also thinking Sweden. Even Iceland. I do have some really distant relatives there.

The easiest place to find work would be Norway, but also the most expensive one. Generally moving to the Nordic countries can be rather tough. It seems ideally in the summer, when it is light 18 hours a day, but when winter comes it strikes you with depression.

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
authockeytxreports.wordpress.com
Just out of curiosity...

Who will take the mantle of center when Nielsen and Regin are gone? It seems like all of Denmark's younger athletes, including prospects, are wingers. MB Hansen, J Hansen, Boedker, Bjorkstrand, Hardt, N Jensen, Russell, Storm, Rondbjerg, From Blichfeld, etc. Who is the 1C 4 years from now, who is the 2C?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad