Post-Game Talk: 2018 Tank Postmortem: Vancouver finishes 6th-last

Status
Not open for further replies.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
sickens me. the last time we were in a lottery position dates back to 1999, and just when it looks like it's time for us to depend on a higher picks, they implement the f in new lottery system. Screw off NHL!

anyways just expect us to -3 positions from where we finish in the standings. Won't be as upset, cause we expect it.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
sickens me. the last time we were in a lottery position dates back to 1999, and just when it looks like it's time for us to depend on a higher picks, they implement the f in new lottery system. Screw off NHL!

anyways just expect us to -3 positions from where we finish in the standings. Won't be as upset, cause we expect it.

Maybe people shouldn't have whined so much about Edmonton always winning the lottery (especially since they were so bad they needed that benefit anyway).

Reactions: Jack Burton

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
Maybe people shouldn't have whined so much about Edmonton always winning the lottery (especially since they were so bad they needed that benefit anyway).
Agreed but Edm fans are the real ones to blame. Sold out buildings even with paperbag masks gave Katz no reason to change old boys club management

Jack Burton

Pro Tank Since 13
Oct 27, 2016
Pork Chop Express
I blame @Zombotron for this. Started this new thread instead of letting @The Drop start the thread and continue with his lyric theme. This has brought bad luck to Team Tank.

Zombo eh....

UnsteadyWarmheartedFossa-max-1mb.gif

Reactions: y2kcanucks

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
**** this team. Right after the report comes out that they'll keep Benning around if the team plays like it did to start the season, they pull this out of their ***.... :laugh:

BlueGreen

Jan 3, 2018
This is a joke. What a waste if we win at this stage of the season with the position this garbage team is in. What the F*** is the point, literally..

Last edited:

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
This is a joke. What a waste if we win this at this stage of the season with the position this garbage team is in. Whst the F*** is the point, literally..
We might be buying at the deadline as long as Jim can save his job by winning and striving to be a bubble team from the outside looking in. I'm not too worried, though. The team will likely tank despite the fact he'll trade futures for win now pieces.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
I hate wins at this point in our rebuild but they are gonna happen. No point stressing. At least get Boeser some goals while we’re at it. Nothing worse than a win with a bum like Eriksson having a big night and nothing for the Brock.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
We might be buying at the deadline as long as Jim can save his job by winning and striving to be a bubble team from the outside looking in. I'm not too worried, though. The team will likely tank despite the fact he'll trade futures for win now pieces.
Bubble team?
This team is 13 pts out of a playoff spot even after this win....
So yeah... being bubble team is too hard for this team

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
Bubble team?
This team is 13 pts out of a playoff spot even after this win....
So yeah... being bubble team is too hard for this team
Yeah, which is what I said.

Benning will strive for it to save his job. The only standard is 'playing like we did in the first third of the season'. Aka middling nothings. He'll trade futures for win now pieces yet still fail. I hope it'll allow the Benning nut huggers to see what we've been talking about these last 4 years.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Going on a streak and ending up like 8th-10th last is my absolute nightmare.

"Well we were playing when we got healthy and think this is a playoff calibre team, we're bringing back Gudbranson and Vanek. Jim Benning has a 3 year extension"

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Yeah, which is what I said.

Benning will strive for it to save his job. The only standard is 'playing like we did in the first third of the season'. Aka middling nothings. He'll trade futures for win now pieces yet still fail. I hope it'll allow the Benning nut huggers to see what we've been talking about these last 4 years.
Nah, I feel like you are being too peesimistic
As bad as JB has been, he did not trade away any major young piece when approaching TDL in the past 2 seasons.
The only time he did it was the Shinkaruk trade back when we were clearly a playoff team.
Either he not THAT stupid, or the owner took away that option.
I would say this, if JB traded away any future in the next month, it is definitely the owner’s fault because they let JB bet his fate on a miracle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad