Prospect Info: 2018 Tampa Bay Lightning Rookie Camp

Stormbreaker

Apr 2, 2012
Volkov of the 3 is probably best suited for top 6 minutes. I wouldn't mind seeing one of Joseph/Stephens play with Cirelli until Cally is ready to return from his injury.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004

Tammela and Somppi together, which fits how I'm thinking the Orlando affiliation shakes out. (they wouldn't play together all the time in Orlando, but at least start building that chemistry now)

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

Tammela and Somppi together, which fits how I'm thinking the Orlando affiliation shakes out. (they wouldn't play together all the time in Orlando, but at least start building that chemistry now)

That top-six looks pretty awesome.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
So tomorrow they streaming the games on the Nashville website? Anyone got a scouting report on the Preds?

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
So tomorrow they streaming the games on the Nashville website? Anyone got a scouting report on the Preds?

Is Tolvanen playing for them? If so that's the player to watch out for besides him their prospects aren't anything special especially with Fabbro not thier since he's in college.

TampaJay

Jan 16, 2016
According to TBL site, also streamed there... "Games to be played September 9 & 10 at Germain Arena in Estero, FL and will be streamed live on TampaBayLightning.com"

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
According to TBL site, also streamed there... "Games to be played September 9 & 10 at Germain Arena in Estero, FL and will be streamed live on TampaBayLightning.com"
Can't find the stream anywhere. Also there is blackouts apparently? Anyone got a link or something?

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
WTF ... Joe Smith reports Stephens, Joseph, and Volkov will not play in the rookie tournament.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
From www.theathletic.com:

With the rest of the Lightning prospects hustling in and out of the shower and onto the bus to Estero Saturday afternoon, forwards Mitchell Stephens and Mathieu Joseph took their time in their locker stalls.

They weren’t going anywhere.

Stephens, Joseph and fellow wing Alex Volkov will not be participating in the rookie tournament at Germain Arena when Tampa Bay faces Nashville Sunday (1 p.m.) and Washington Monday (10 a.m.); both games will be streamed on tampabaylightning.com. It’s not surprising. They’re the top returning forwards from AHL Syracuse, veterans of these types of camps. And with a rookie roster five-lines deep, there was no need for them to risk injury in back-to-back games".

Bolt32

Aug 24, 2004
Palm Harbor, FL
WTF ... Joe Smith reports Stephens, Joseph, and Volkov will not play in the rookie tournament.

The only reasonable excuse I can think of. Is that they are a shoe in for making the Bolts. Don't want them to get hurt. I was really sad reading this, was excited to see Volkov.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
The only reasonable excuse I can think of. Is that they are a shoe in for making the Bolts. Don't want them to get hurt. I was really sad reading this, was excited to see Volkov.

There's no way all 3 are making the lighting roster opening night. This is rookie camp and they played a full pro season and playoffs already. There's nothing to evaluate with them in a game so no need to risk an injury. We need to see how some of these other kids are looking as they aren't sure if they'll be in the AHL or ECHL or even back to junior. I expect Joseph, Stephens and Volkov to get an extended look with the big club to see which one fills in for Callahan to start the year and see if one can beat out Erne for another spot.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
I'm watching the game here in Sweden. Though I can only watch it on my phone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad