Prospect Info: 2018 Tampa Bay Lightning Rookie Camp

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I know it might be a bit early but I've got a question for those who are watching the game....

... is that team ready to win a Cup this season?

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
If Cernak makes the roster, it solves some cap issues next year. Makes it a lot easier to let guys walk if we can't afford them.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
If Cernak makes the roster, it solves some cap issues next year. Makes it a lot easier to let guys walk if we can't afford them.

How's he gonna make the roster though? The top 2 RD are most likely Stralman and Sergachev, we gonna put 3mil Girardi in the pressbox? Say we keep Sergachev on the left and Girardi in the lineup then you have 3.7mil Coburn in the pressbox. You also pretty much are throwing away Koekkoek and Dotchin as they won't see the ice at all. Just doesn't make sense to me for him to be on the roster to start the year barring we make a trade to move a few players.

Shoresy Snipes

Give yer B's a T ya T F'r
May 6, 2017
How's he gonna make the roster though? The top 2 RD are most likely Stralman and Sergachev, we gonna put 3mil Girardi in the pressbox? Say we keep Sergachev on the left and Girardi in the lineup then you have 3.7mil Coburn in the pressbox. You also pretty much are throwing away Koekkoek and Dotchin as they won't see the ice at all. Just doesn't make sense to me for him to be on the roster to start the year barring we make a trade to move a few players.

Yup, unfortunately Cernak wasted another year pro contract. If that counts, don't remember how it works at this point.

Go freaking BOLTS GO!

Last edited:

Shoresy Snipes

May 6, 2017
Before I go, gotta mention, I sat in front of some Preds fans (legit hockey fans, on vaca?) Were asking before game about Volkov, Stephens, n Joseph. I notified them about the Athletic article. Then told em Katchouk n Raddysh were probably considered our first line today.
They scoffed n we got PP, Big Dog buried the PP goal. I looked back... "Yup, they look pretty good" was the only response.

Ya dayum right.
Future looking bright

Damn I love hockey. Ugh, love it.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Yup, unfortunately Cernak wasted another year pro contract. If that counts, don't remember how it works at this point.

Had WAyyy too much fun down in Ft Myers today. Saw old friends. Was about 13+ years ago now I captained the Jr Everblades. FGCU team was just getting started back then, I missed out on that. ARMY OCS right after graduation. What a freaking blast from the past. Miss those Eagle puck bunnies like nothing else. Woo. Miss Ft Myers hard right now. Gotta be up in a few hours now for Tampa traffic... What the hell am I doing up here. Grrrr. Dang, can't wait for season to start now, my only freaking hobby in life now. Bed time Bolts fans, sleep well knowing we got some great pros taking care of business.

Go freaking BOLTS GO!

He's not wasting another year of his ELC. He will be getting top 4 minutes in Syracuse and improving his all around game. If we weren't as deep he would be getting a few call ups next season but unless we get ravaged by injury he won't see time but will be ready to go for the next season when needed more.

Shoresy Snipes

May 6, 2017
He's not wasting another year of his ELC. He will be getting top 4 minutes in Syracuse and improving his all around game. If we weren't as deep he would be getting a few call ups next season but unless we get ravaged by injury he won't see time but will be ready to go for the next season when needed more.

Yup, sounds right. Can count on you Hose to know your shizz. He looked good to me today, better than Cal. (That's not a knock either) he just keeps looking like he's ready to me. He's big, can be mean /physical, makes fast decisions (not always the "best" decisions, but safe ones).
What you think?

Last edited:

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Website is down. Can anyone confirm its not just me ... the page isn't loading.
I'm getting intermittent video with the event starting shortly message.

10 am: seems up
edit: It's going up and down. Looks like their end.

Germain Arena can be challenging to broadcast out of (based on the ECHL.tv broadcasts I've seen), maybe no different here.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Somppi at C and Barre-Boulet at RW (off-wing) is interesting. OSB has its open spot at RW and Barre-Boulet may be in Syracuse's bubble group.

warmies lines:

Sosunov-Spencer were also together so far.

Last edited:

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I sort of think some of these guys need to dump the puck in more frequently to simulate regular season/playoff style hockey.

They aren't crushing each other, which is fine, but it's also not really an accurate representation when they can sort of scuffle their way into the offensive zone each time.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
They're trying to do too much on the breakout. It's ON in terms of pace and 6'8 Sosunov is trying to join the rush with the puck.

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
This Rookie Tournament is A clear sign for how this season will turn out.
QNbn93s.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->