Prospect Info: 2018 Tampa Bay Lightning Rookie Camp

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Some of those names don't look familiar.
The D looks a bit different with Wal Flower and Montana Onyebuchi.

G Corbin Boes is under contract with Orlando. Excellent USports numbers with a team that always found itself towards the bottom of their conference.

JFleegs

Dec 9, 2010
Virginia Beach
Im excited to see the mystery man volkov this year, I hope hes developed more and will make the team this year. He was so close to it last year then struggled a bit adapting to the ahl, but then turned it on in the second half.

DeeVeeUss

Apr 12, 2017
Naples, FL
2018 Tampa Bay Lightning Prospect Showcase Roster
Forwards:
Alex Barre-Boulet
Ross Colton
Gabriel Fortier
Mathieu Joseph
Boris Katchouk
Jackson Leppard
Alexey Lipanov
Mattew MacDougall
Taylor Raddysh
Otto Somppi
Mitchell Stephens
Jonne Tammela
Alexander Volkov
Chase Wouters
Dennis Yan
Defensemen
Erik Cernak
Walter Flower
Callan Foote
Montana Onyebuchi
Radim Salda
Oleg Sosunov
Matt Spencer
Goaltenders:
Connor Ingram
Corbin Boes

Reactions: Vasilevskiy

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
Just a few names I didn't recognize. Anyone got any info on these guys?

Jackson Leppard
Mattew MacDougall
Walter Flower
Montana Onyebuchi

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Just a few names I didn't recognize. Anyone got any info on these guys?

Jackson Leppard
Mattew MacDougall
Walter Flower
Montana Onyebuchi

Leppard and MacDougall were at development camp if anyone saw them there? The two that I like are the two WHL kids in Leppard and Onyebuchi as both are good sized kids who play physical. Neither has eye popping offensive numbers but they play that WHL tough physical game that you can use on your 4th line or bottom pair. Both improved their offensive numbers from their first season in the WHL which is always a good sign. Obviously Wouters is the top name of the invitees but we are flush with skill players, we could use a few bangers in the system but I doubt we sign anybody out of camp anyway.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
2018 Tampa Bay Lightning Prospect Showcase Roster
Forwards:
Alex Barre-Boulet
Ross Colton
Gabriel Fortier
Mathieu Joseph
Boris Katchouk
Jackson Leppard
Alexey Lipanov
Mattew MacDougall
Taylor Raddysh
Otto Somppi
Mitchell Stephens
Jonne Tammela
Alexander Volkov
Chase Wouters
Dennis Yan
Defensemen
Erik Cernak
Walter Flower
Callan Foote
Montana Onyebuchi
Radim Salda
Oleg Sosunov
Matt Spencer
Goaltenders:
Connor Ingram
Corbin Boes

With a lot of these names, it's not unthinkable to imagine them on the opening night roster, given the departures we had over the summer. The audition starts today, I guess. Always makes stuff like this more fun when a guy or two has a real shot to make it.

My money's still on Joseph to make it out of camp. Volkov is really interesting, given the flashes he showed last year. Seemed like, after his time in the AHL, most of our AHL-devotees thought he looked like a future NHLer?

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
With a lot of these names, it's not unthinkable to imagine them on the opening night roster, given the departures we had over the summer. The audition starts today, I guess. Always makes stuff like this more fun when a guy or two has a real shot to make it.

My money's still on Joseph to make it out of camp. Volkov is really interesting, given the flashes he showed last year. Seemed like, after his time in the AHL, most of our AHL-devotees thought he looked like a future NHLer?
I'm expecting none of them being on the opening night roster. But I expect Volkov to be our first call up.

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
I only really saw Volkov at training camps, but he definitely was rather impressive at times. Excellent skater with great quick release on his shot. Looking forward to seeing more of him. I think Stephens and Cernak also have a chance for a cup of coffee if they impress at camp.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I'm expecting none of them being on the opening night roster. But I expect Volkov to be our first call up.

Don't we have a few empty spots, yet to be filled? I'm counting 13 forwards on the roster, but that's including Ryan Callahan. It's also including Conacher and Andreoff, neither of whom are sure bets.

Stormbreaker

Apr 2, 2012
One of Volkov/Joseph/Stephens makes the team. Maybe 2 depending on how training camp goes. I'm most interested in seeing how Foote looks.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
Don't we have a few empty spots, yet to be filled? I'm counting 13 forwards on the roster, but that's including Ryan Callahan. It's also including Conacher and Andreoff, neither of whom are sure bets.
Aren't we going to be carrying 2 defenseman in the press box? Our roster size is full right now from what I see. Barring injury, we don't have space to carry more than 1 extra forward. Unless I am counting wrong?

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Aren't we going to be carrying 2 defenseman in the press box? Our roster size is full right now from what I see. Barring injury, we don't have space to carry more than 1 extra forward. Unless I am counting wrong?

Even with two D in the press box, we need one more forward, by my count, to replace Callahan. I don't know if I'd consider Conacher a favorite to make the roster over a rookie either. Andreoff maybe as a pressbox guy.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I would love for one of Volkov, Stephens or Joseph to make the team but they'd be just playing on the 4th line. It would be better for thier development to start in Syracuse in the top 6 getting a ton more ice time and get called up if there's an injury.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad