Speculation: 2018 Stars Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jballa95

Aug 18, 2013
It's like reporters are rushing to announce the trade first. Absolute craziness, the trade has happened 5 times already. I bet it's that teams are asking a **** ton for taking on Tampa's camp dumps because why wouldn't they. If the trade happens, I find it crazy that Ott will still not have a 2019 first after trading EK.

Reactions: Kcb12345

ZeHockeyFan

Apr 9, 2014
It's like reporters are rushing to announce the trade first. Absolute craziness, the trade has happened 5 times already. I bet it's that teams are asking a **** ton for taking on Tampa's camp dumps because why wouldn't they. If the trade happens, I find it crazy that Ott will still not have a 2019 first after trading EK.

Truly, the best trade for Ottawa to make is to send EK to Colorado that brings back their no.1 pick for Duchene. Colorado does have $14M+ in cap-space and have to sign a host of important RFAs next season, including Rantanen, but they can ship out salary in the forms of Barrie and maybe a RFA or two (Kerfoot, Compher). The prize return though would be Ottawa getting back their no.1 pick in the Hughes sweepstakes.

Reactions: Zapp

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Truly, the best trade for Ottawa to make is to send EK to Colorado that brings back their no.1 pick for Duchene. Colorado does have $14M+ in cap-space and have to sign a host of important RFAs next season, including Rantanen, but they can ship out salary in the forms of Barrie and maybe a RFA or two (Kerfoot, Compher). The prize return though would be Ottawa getting back their no.1 pick in the Hughes sweepstakes.
They can't trade back for their pick on Principle, everyone already says/thinks the Sens are a joke, if you trade back for your own first after trading it away, less than a year before, you're basically saying "We don't know what we're doing." and "Yes we're that big of a joke"

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
I have to admit I laughed at the subheader on the page:

"In 27 games with Dallas last season, the 23-year-old tallied two points and 17 penalty minutes"

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
This should be his last chance. Hopefully he’s actually healthy enough to do... something.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Janmark, Shore, and Smith filed for arbitration.
Shore has an interesting case. His qualifying offer was $1.018 million. Nichushkin just got almost $3 million from the Stars, yet Shore's production was the same as Nichushkin's as a rookie and over their careers.

Career stats
Shore 167 gp 24 g 41 a 65 pts
Nichushkin 166 gp 23 g 41 a 64 pts

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
Dickinson is better then Ellie and should have be given Ellies spot last year. Unfortunate he got hurt. He may not amount to anything, but I'd rather see him get a shot with Monty then Ellie

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Dickinson is better then Ellie and should have be given Ellies spot last year. Unfortunate he got hurt. He may not amount to anything, but I'd rather see him get a shot with Monty then Ellie

I'd take Dickinson over Ritchie too.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017

I'd take Dickinson over Ritchie too.

Both Ritchie and Elie should be on waivers or in the AHL. Time for others to get a chance

ZeHockeyFan

Apr 9, 2014
They can't trade back for their pick on Principle, everyone already says/thinks the Sens are a joke, if you trade back for your own first after trading it away, less than a year before, you're basically saying "We don't know what we're doing." and "Yes we're that big of a joke"

IIRC, Nashville actually did that when they brought in Peter Forsberg at the deadline in 2007 . They gave their 1st to Philly for him and got back the same 1st back by sending Hartnell + Timmonen the other way. Maybe a few thought that Nashville was a joke back then, but they don't now. If Ottawa gets their 1st back, picks Hughes, and gets to winning ways in a decade a la Nashville, who'd care?

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Best to tune off. Too much noise.
Oh great...…...get to waste another week or so on the internet checking hockey sites. Oh well, its much like horse race or hockey game, the lead can change many times.

It make some sense. Dorion took a better offer, but that was contingent on TB clearing cap space with another team. Maybe if that doesn't happen within the rules, the DAL offer of Honka, Shore, a first and whatever goes back in the lead.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Dickinson just needs to engage in the game more, every time he is in the NHL he is floating around. I never understand why.. super hesitant to do anything.

Time to step up, get involved, control the puck, hit players, play good defense.

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
I'm hesitant on giving up much value for 1 year of EK
I think if he was to come here and dallas had a good run , there’s a good chance he would re sign .Plus I’m pretty sure the rumour that he wouldn’t sign was in fact just a rumor and proven false . I get the skepticism though .

Comely

Nov 26, 2007
Cambridge
I think if he was to come here and dallas had a good run , there’s a good chance he would re sign .Plus I’m pretty sure the rumour that he wouldn’t sign was in fact just a rumor and proven false . I get the skepticism though .
Yeah Friedman said, "I heard that he was only willing to sign with Tampa bay so I looked into that and it was false" which got reported on twitter as 'Friedman heard that hes only willing to sign with Tampa'. It was reported though that the number of teams he is willing to sign with is very small however, so take from that what you will

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad